RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > On Board Trouble codes
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Ozsport

Australia 2013 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Stornoway Grey

IRBails, I'm pleased that your car is fixed now but it does concern me that this model and engine should be well sorted by now.

My SDV8 HSE is due to land in your neck of the woods (Port Kembla) early next month. I hope I haven't made a mistake in choosing a Range Rover.

Post #528060 Tue Jun 13 2017 8:12am
IRBails

Australia 

Ozsport the issue was with a part that is 3rd party supplied. I had a similar issue with my first V10 Touareg so the turbo wasn't to disappointing when it was finally diagnosed. I have found that it might take a few trips to the dealers to get Euro cars sorted. I get more annoyed when the engineering and design is sub par. I like the SVD8 and think it drives better than my R50, mind you the R50 looked better IMO. Don't know if I can say this car is value for money but it was the only true 4WD that would fit my needs so I own it for that reason. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #528062 Tue Jun 13 2017 8:37am
Ozsport

I'd have to agree with you there, my criteria was that it had to have a proper spare wheel, low range and decent handling. Not much competition left when you apply these.

Post #528063 Tue Jun 13 2017 8:45am
IRBails

Australia 

OZsport what spec HSE do you have coming ? I purchased dealer stock as I could not wait and was lucky enough to pick up a cancelled order. My main want was the SDV8 Mid range sound system , and the sliding roof. Things I missed and would have liked was Tyre Pressure monitoring, which I believe is now standard, Adaptive cruise would have been nice also. I am well pleased with the overall car and dynamics . The in car electronic systems are antiquated in function IMO , my R50 had a much better Steering wheel control interface but the RRS sound system is miles ahead. The standard features are OK and many of the options should be standard in this price range as many of the options are standard on a $30,000 KIA. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #528120 Tue Jun 13 2017 9:37pm
Ozsport

I was originally going to buy a demo, runout MY16.5 SDV8 but my local dealer found a car for me that was already in line to be built, so I had precious little time to change anything.
Its got most of what I wanted, though in the time since ordering I have read and re-read the brochure and contemplated what I would have changed. Just as well I couldn't change anything Shocked

The V8 diesel and Dynamic Response were my 2 main requirements but it also has:
Pano sunroof
Meridian 825W sound system
Climate front seats (heated & cooled)
Surround Cameras
Advanced Tow Assist
Drive Pack
Tow hitch

Post #528133 Wed Jun 14 2017 9:26am
IRBails

Australia 

I think the Range Rover organises purchase is pretty ordinary. My take is they should have vehicles with standard options and then you spec the extras like one does with other top end brands. The V8 HSE should come with a lot more standard stuff and the options should be colour ,interior exterior, wheels , extra sound above the 825 system , surround cameras , sunroof . A lot of the extras should be standard such as TPMS, heated seats , adaptive cruise , HUD , these items are standard on KIA's.

In reality you want this vehicle to be very well engineered and the entry price is for a good long life vehicle designed to last.

Ozsport I was told all SDV8's had Dynamic control , also rear diff lock which was a plus. shocks are Bilstein which I like so quality used. Trying to work out what the drive pack is ? Advanced tow is a new one to me as well . I have the tow bar fitted, the tow hook you should buy from Auto Barn Range Rover wants a fortune for the same item.

I will look out on transporters leaving Port Kembla hope you get yours soon, those heated seats will be nice in Canberra This time of year. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #528171 Wed Jun 14 2017 9:51pm
Ozsport

Yes it is very annoying that it is missing things like the TPMS especially when it is compulsory in Europe. Do they go around and remove them from all the Australian builds just so they can charge us an extra $930. I notice it is a chargeable option for all RRS models here including the SVR and the Autobiography Dynamic Mad

All AU SDV8 have the Dynamic Response, TVBB and E diff. The Drive Pack includes the Driver Condition Monitor, Blind Spot Monitoring with Reverse Traffic Detector and Closing Vehicle Sensing. The Pro Drive Pack has the Adaptive Cruise Control and the other Assist options.
Advanced Tow Assist allows you to steer a trailer using the Terrain response dial, looking forward to trying that one out !

Did you get a Fuel Burning Heater on your SDV8?

I believe I am getting the actual tow bar included with the car.

Post #528189 Thu Jun 15 2017 10:52am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Don't get too excited about the "driver condition monitoring" it's a vibrating steering wheel................ if that's what turns you on so be it but the vibes wouldn't wake up anything! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #528214 Thu Jun 15 2017 4:48pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
IRBails

Australia 

Ozsport wrote:
Yes it is very annoying that it is missing things like the TPMS especially when it is compulsory in Europe. Do they go around and remove them from all the Australian builds just so they can charge us an extra $930. I notice it is a chargeable option for all RRS models here including the SVR and the Autobiography Dynamic Mad

All AU SDV8 have the Dynamic Response, TVBB and E diff. The Drive Pack includes the Driver Condition Monitor, Blind Spot Monitoring with Reverse Traffic Detector and Closing Vehicle Sensing. The Pro Drive Pack has the Adaptive Cruise Control and the other Assist options.
Advanced Tow Assist allows you to steer a trailer using the Terrain response dial, looking forward to trying that one out !

Did you get a Fuel Burning Heater on your SDV8?

I believe I am getting the actual tow bar included with the car.

Ah I must not read half the promo stuff, I have the driver condition , didn't know it was called this, and have it turned off. I also have HUD and this is turned off . Lane and reverse and traffic also, and like this feature . I like the auto headlights these IMO are one of the electronic gimmicks the POMS got right.
What vehicle are you changing out of for the RRS?
As you can see I was an R50 Touareg owner, great car ,originally designed to be better than the RR, which on the previous models it was. I would now say the SDV8 is better in the aspects that I care most about , however the RRS does lack a lot of features that were standard on the R50 which was 7 years old when I parted with it.

Things like a air tank and air hose that could be used to deflate and inflate tyres, both cars have air suspension , so using this facility for tyre inflation, pumping up bike tyres etc is just smart thinking. Having blue tooth and USB connected at the same time was also neat, and the ability to accurately control the audio equipment from the steering wheel was much better in the old car.
Ability to change settings using diagnostic service such as Ros Tech was good, things were way more programmable than RRS even with the GAP you are very limited to the changes that can be made. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #528229 Thu Jun 15 2017 10:10pm
Ozsport

I am coming from an Audi Q7. I need a reasonable size car to tow a large sailing boat but I have vowed never again to buy a car without a proper spare wheel. The dinky space saver just doesn't cut it if you drive in rural Australia.
I have a friend with a VAGCOM cable and software so we are aware of what you can do on the VW group cars (My wife has a Golf R as well).
Before that I had a Landcruiser, boringly reliable but no fun to drive. A 20 minute drive in a new Landcrusier 200 Sahara was enough to confirm I don't want to go back there.
None of these cars seem to engender the passion that people feel for their Land Rovers. My neighbour has a Disco and a Rangie so I'm certainly going into this purchase with my eyes open.

Post #528275 Fri Jun 16 2017 12:59pm
IRBails

Australia 

Ozsport the spare was my major issue mind you range does the same in some models. My wife is driving an SQ5 , and it has the space saver, but then again it is not going far from the sealed roads. I think the Range Rover Sport is the most dynamic 4WD around at the moment. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #528337 Fri Jun 16 2017 9:23pm
matsoutback

Australia 

Couldn't agree more about the breadth of abilities of the RRS. I too come form a Touareg (rock solid reliable car)and more recently a Sahara... The Sahara had gearbox shudder problems so no manufacture is immune from issues. So far, my experience in the MY17 RRS has beed fantastic without issue.

Full size spare and low range are my big ticket requirements also. 2017 MY17 SDV6 SE

Post #528348 Sat Jun 17 2017 5:58am
IRBails

Australia 

Just did a short 200 k trip on Saturday and decided to run in Dynamic and Sport mode. I must say the car was just great fun to drive it was one of those really connected moments when you find another moment to enjoy the drive. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #528425 Sun Jun 18 2017 11:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12