RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > '06 Range Rover Sport Logic 7 Head Unit Install Need Help
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

tennesseerover

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Lux Sumatra Black
'06 Range Rover Sport Logic 7 Head Unit Install Need Help

Hi, first post here. I have a 2006 Range Rover Sport HSE with the Logic 7 system (It's got the DVD player and back and the TV screens in the headrests. I wanted to replace the factory head unit and keep my navigation screen working. I stumbled upon http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic38089.html and it got me started down this path. I saw some great installs on that thread and could use some help. I have zero experience with car audio installation. I have tons of experiencing building PCs, network and low voltage wiring in homes, etc so this should just be basic circuits and I can figure some stuff out, I like to learn. I am having trouble figuring out what the factory wiring goes to and what each color does. I have taken everything apart as the others in the other thread have. I see the car has some sort of Fiber optic loop.

I have taken apart the factory head unit and got it down to to just the small part without the 6 disc changer. I purchased the connects2 wiring in the picture and the steering wheel jack for the steering wheel controls. Just to test it, I hooked the aftermarket headunit up to power and just the steering wheel control wiring and it worked for volume, mode, etc.

Here's what I'd like to do with the help of all the knowledgeable individuals on here:
1. Get the aftermarket unit working.
2. Keep the original navigation screen functionality.
3. Use the factory microphone for the hands free phone with the aftermarket unit if possible.
4. Not mess up any of the functionality of the DVD playback & rear entertainment system.

I'm not above taking the whole inside of the car apart and rewiring it. I just want to find out what all the wires do and what goes to where. I feel like I can make it do whatever I want once I figure out how everything works together from the factory.

Any idea what the red black and blue wires from the 12 pin harness on the factory unit go to or do?

Any idea where the phone microphone wires in at and where it feeds to?

Any diagrams, pdfs, pictures that could be helpful would be much appreciated.

Post #527059 Mon May 29 2017 4:21pm
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

3. I doubt you can use the factory mic

red and black wires on the small connector are for mic.
red/blue are aux input jack

The high end factory systems output the audio over fibre optic to the amplifier under the front (right?) seat
This gives you a problem. Either either need to
1. run speaker wires from the headunit down to the seat.
or
2. purchase an expensive but useful adapter to do it over optic.

so do more research on here on logic7 and recent posts 2016/2017

As for the large connector.
Black is earth
Blue/purple thick is power +12v
blue ant amp

You will need to run a wire up from the cigar lighter for an ignition supply to the new headunit.
Maybe the headunit would like a lights on wire? could also take from cigar lighter.

twisted yellows are network, so leave well alone.

other 2? are steering wheel controls

Post #527061 Mon May 29 2017 5:15pm
tennesseerover

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

I've got that connects2 adapter that has a slot for the fiber connector to go in. www.installer.com/item/display_item.php?it=ctklr06 The instructions are really vague. Basically it shows to how to hook everything up but something seems missing. There is no where to connect the audio out wires form the new head unit to the harnesses. I don't see how the audio coming from the new head unit would get to the amp even with the FO adapter.

Post #527129 Tue May 30 2017 5:45pm
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

The way I read that, is that is just make the steering wheel controls work with the headunit AND the settings on the dashboard.

Maybe someone else can help, or some more searching on here

Post #527131 Tue May 30 2017 5:54pm
RobP

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

You need THIS kit which gives the logic 7 amp bypass and retains sat nav screen

Thumbs Up TDV8 now with extra grin factor thanks to Alive Tunning: Gone but not forgotten

Post #527289 Wed May 31 2017 10:28pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1