RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > I'm Free: Never compromise on your morals
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Autobiography

I'm Free: Never compromise on your morals

I've now reached the end of a 6 month battle with LRFS (Blackhorse Finance) over the 'satisfactory quality' of my Range Rover Sport. My vehicle was constantly in and out of dealerships with quality issues ranging from broken seat bases to rattles to brake squeal. Few of the issues were major but the whole process resulted in over 100 days off the road, multiple failed repairs and shoddy service all round. Whilst I acknowledge some warranty repairs may be needed, an £80k car from new should be fault free.

Blackhorse failed to accept it was a problem to have this amount of time off the road and their 'Satisfactory Quality Dispute' Team try and stamp out complaints with all kinds of tactics including being very aggressive and rude. They assure you their 'compensation' guidelines are in line with the Financial Ombudsman Service which is completely untrue.

Not wanting to let things go, I referred to the Financial Ombudsman Service which is free for consumers but chargeable to the complained business @ £500+ for each and every referral. FYI, Blackhorse are the most complained about business to the service with the vast majority of complaints upheld.

Anyway, I finally got to a conclusion with the help of service which was a godsend. The vehicle has gone, my deposit has been refunded and all of my loss of use has been paid back, all with interest.

The reason I'm sharing this is because I've learnt that it is absolutely not okay to have faults on a new vehicle of this cost. Don't give up and refer if in doubt as is your legal right. The FOS appear very pro consumer and will offer a fair and unbiased view. Blackhorse are not interested in resolving complaints, all they want to do is fob you off with measly compensation. FYI, I was offered settlement of a few hundred pounds from Blackhorse initially which translated into a package of tens of thousands when the FOS got involved. Frankly, Blackhorse have entirely damaged the Land Rover brand in my view as their chosen finance provider. They couldn't give two hoots about me as a customer so off I go...

Don't settle for second best...the cars are frankly too expensive to accept poor quality.

Post #526877 Sat May 27 2017 8:07am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Good on you Cool

Been there and got the t-shirt so always good to read someone else getting their rights upheld - what you going to replace it with Question Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #526880 Sat May 27 2017 8:37am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Well done Thumbs Up I agree, totally unacceptable to have too many issues with a car of that price. I still like mine, hardly anything else offers the overall package that suits me so well. However, the lack of quality control from the factory, number of niggles that had to be sorted, things wearing out at such a young age/low mileage, combined with the incompetence of the dealer network has got me thinking whether I would want to stay with LR after this RRS number 3 Sad The first 2 were bought used and either didn't have quality issues or my expectations weren't that high given the price. Perhaps it was because they were mature models (last of the pre-facelift L320 and last of the L320) with all issues ironed out.

Life's too short and busy. Next time even I may be tempted to get out of my comfort zone and willing to compromise on the things I like about these cars in favour of maintaining my sanity, saving time, possibly money too and not having to juggle work/personal stuff with dealer visits.

Yes, what's the replacement? Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #526882 Sat May 27 2017 9:01am
Canary

England 

Good for you! It's a nasty process like you say but very vindicating once you have your money back, I went through the same with volvo with a Friday xc60 absolutely horrible experience, enough so I will never go near volvo once you have seen a companies true colous!

Well done chap! MY18 SCV8 Satin flux silver
Gone:
MY19 SV VELAR AUTOBIOGRAPHY firenze red
MY18 SCV8 Yulong white- perfect 👍
MY16 SDV8 SANTORINI BLACK - perfect 👌
MY64 SCV8 DARK BLUE - nightmare car
MY64 SCV8 FIRENZE RED - loads of annoying issues
MY15 SDV6 FIRENZE RED - perfect 👌
MY12 SDV6 DISCO4 IPANEMA SAND - perfect 👌
MY09 TDV6 SPORT BLUE - lots of issues

Post #526941 Sat May 27 2017 10:50pm
RRS-Si

United Kingdom 

Hi Autobiography what we're the faults as interested to find out prior to mine arriving. As do not want a repeat of the last 2 rejected order? Banging Head

Post #526968 Sun May 28 2017 10:15am
IRBails

Australia 

It is a problem when Range Rover makes the claim that it is the worlds best and the vehicle can't even do the stuff cheap Korean vehicles do.

I am attracted to the engineering of a vehicle, not the pose effect or brand , if Range Rover would go back to it routes and concentrate on these issues instead of the bling then they might be less prone to criticism. Mind you 80% of their market would probably disappear those that purchased for the bling? M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #527003 Sun May 28 2017 11:17pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1