RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > Stratstone
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Topsy

Wales 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Stratstone

Has anyone had difficulty with Stratstone's complaints process?

It has been no great surprise to be ignored by the individual dealer but even I am confused by the lack of response through stages 2 and 3 of the corporate complaints process. I have only had the automatic holding responses on the three attempts I have made.

Drafting the letter before action this evening.

I do understand that they have people lining up to buy cars but; according to the Pendragon website a significant proportion of their profit is from aftercare. I am sure that they won't care about losing me but they sold me my RRS, have looked after it for 6/7 years and have lost the sale of another.

Post #526555 Mon May 22 2017 7:18pm
lab-monkey

United Kingdom 

Hi

Just had the same problem with the 2 Stratstone dealers near me. have had quite a few cars from them but last few had serious problems year and half ago and ended up with a new car after 3 cars and 3 months of issues , some of the issues not the dealers fault but dodgy lr4

Bank holiday weekend thought i would look at a car about 40 miles away that was nearly new.
Next day placed deposit at my local garage said can buy from any in group stock, after already seeing and driving it the car was immaculate, so i placed a deposit etc , finance all sorted Smile

6 days later car delivered to local Stratones garage went to see and sign paper work .

Car looked like it had been driven all over uk had scratch marks on the front bumper and extra couple of hundred miles on clock and damage to both nearside wheels and to top it off some 1 had been smoking in the car.

garage said they would fix the damage and that it would have been there any way( i had pictures though saying other wise from visiting it previously)

I lost the plot cancelled the deal walked away with deposit back and said NEVER EVER use them again.

At the moment writing letters and emails to Stratstone hq and LRS is like shoveling water up hill Sad

Have now found another car (RRS) with another dealer quite a few miles away and will pickup this weekend Smile hopefully restoring faith back in Land Rover

Post #526565 Mon May 22 2017 8:50pm
warkman

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver

I wouldn't use Stratstones if They were the only dealer.
Wife went to look at a new Disc Sport on her own as I was at work and they treated her like "the little woman who can't possibly know what a car is away from the colour like men do" attitude. Just bought a RRS 06 MY HSE TDV6 136,000 miles, to be a second car to my bland, boring Mitsubishi Outlander 68 plate 2.0 petrol 4

Post #526566 Mon May 22 2017 8:54pm
Topsy

That's no real surprise. Unfortunately there isn't another dealer nearby. I had persuaded myself to try Bristol but I would still be stuck with Stratstone for warranty work and that is the majority of work over the last 6 months. I haven't wanted to leave land Rover but I find that the dealer ruins the experience.

I doubt that the letter before action will do anything either but if not, I will commence proceedings

Post #526623 Tue May 23 2017 7:39pm
lab-monkey

United Kingdom 

I think its stratstone all over , i tried calling and emailing about an Audi rs6 within there group not 1 return call, its like they don't need to sell cars.

Post #526633 Tue May 23 2017 8:18pm
Topsy

As an update I sent a protocol letter before action to the dealer principal copied to the lead lawyer at Pendragon. I had a phone call the following morning and a cheque in the post. The issue therefore is that if you think you are in the right be prepared to keep going.
Unfortunately though; it is the last in quite a list of problems, more with the dealer than the car and with no real alternative I moved to another manufacturer. I hope to be back at some point (perhaps another Defender or something I can work on myself).
I loitered on here for years before signing up and intend to stay around. The support is magnificent (perhaps not now that I have let slip that I have bought something else).

Post #527271 Wed May 31 2017 7:10pm
lab-monkey

United Kingdom 

Glad you finally got it sorted.

I am Now having issues with the car i just purchased 1 week ago My16 Range Rover Sport 4.4 Autobiography , Dealers seem to mislead and now left feeling why have i bothered staying with Land Rover again (10 cars from them everything in the range from defender to discovery, Sport over the last 8 years)

not sure ill be buying another if this isn't sorted soon

Post #527685 Tue Jun 06 2017 12:12am
Welshian

Wales 

My experience with Stratone in Notts has been good, faults found and rectified just after purchase, not a new car, have been very good and I was kept up to date all through the repair process. As an aside they would have to be exemplary to beat Guy Salmom Coventry, on my previous car they were the tops on customer service. Thumbs Up RRS2 HSE Chile Red
1955 Morris Minor lovingly fitted every nut and bolt

Post #527692 Tue Jun 06 2017 11:57am
M3DPO

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Baltic Blue

Stratstone Notts Thumbs Up

Post #527712 Tue Jun 06 2017 6:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1