Ebony Alston
Deployable steps
Privacy glass
Adaptive xenon
Homelink garage door opener
Remote park heat
Drive pro pack
Extra large washer bottle

* - yes, I know some think MY18 is imminent. My intell suggests that this will not be available to order for several months yet. And I'm not convinced I want touch screens in preference to a few buttons. And having had one of the first RRS back in Oct-13, I'm not sure I want to be a test driver for new-tech in the MY18!

** - yes, I know that donny dog has strong views on his choice of Waitomo. But I have seen it on an RRS, Evoques and a Disco Sport and I like it. Perhaps I'm colour blind, or perhaps I really should go for Carpathian, or Santorini, or Firenze, or ....

I'm relieved to have ordered as its been driving me mad for months as to what to go for. Things I drove but ultimately discounted are Macan GTS, X5M and SVR. The Porker was underwhelming. The other two were fabulously bonkers, but I'd fear for my license if I had either for any stretch of time; and I'd not be keen on filling with petrol every 4 - 5 days.

Think I'm looking at late Sep / early Oct delivery, so just in time to put the remote parking heater to work on early morning starts Very Happy

Post #526085 Mon May 15 2017 9:52am
donny dog

United Kingdom 

You know my views on Waitomo, but you'll love the V8, it's fabulous!

I was a bit miffed when I found out (even before I took delivery) that there was a face-lift coming out, but I'm less bothered now I've seen the Velar interior (which I don't like - especially the extra touch screens where I've got wood trim), the potential price rise, the extra VED, and probable lack of discount.

I had the same options as you minus privacy glass, but I also had extended trim (maybe not worth it depending on your trim choice, but you do get extra, albeit tiny, door storage), illuminated stainless-steel loadspace finisher (waste of money), soft door close (waste of money), HUD (I never look at it but the wife loves it), IR screen (necessary for HUD), sliding pano roof (free option, otherwise not worth it), surround camera system (excellent), 360 display (best thing since sliced bread), parallel/perpendicular park/park exit (never even tried it!), twin-blade sun visor (good idea, but too fiddly to deploy).

As for the options we have in common, my garage door opener doesn't work (old-fashioned door electronics, not covered by current wavelength options), remote park heat (the £1,035 price is a rip-off if you get an SDV8 as it already comes with a fuel burning heater, which accounts for more than half the price - all you need is the software and a remote control, and Bodsy can do all that, albeit he's still waiting for the MY17 software update on the gizmo that does the programming), deployable side steps (second best thing since sliced bread!).

Whatever your choices, you'll love it - mine is as solid as a rock, no rattles or squeaks, and you feel thoroughly cocooned - it's like driving round in a posh gentlemen's club!

Slightly different interior choices to go with the Waitomo, though! Laughing

Click image to enlarge

Post #526090 Mon May 15 2017 10:58am
Cooperman

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

That Ivory interior looks amazing. But i wear jeans a lot; will have the car for ~75,000 miles; and my whippet will not promise to keep the interior mud free Laughing

Post #526094 Mon May 15 2017 11:40am
donny dog

United Kingdom 

My wife and I both wear jeans 99% of the time, and we keep our cars for five years, but the interiors stay looking like new! (No dogs or young kids, though!).

Incidentally, the interior isn't as light as that photo makes it look, it's more cream (my wife says it's 'warm off-white'!).

Post #526103 Mon May 15 2017 1:20pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

You mean that Ivory really looks like it is Ivory colour and not white or "linen" as I have seen it referred to? Laughing 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #526106 Mon May 15 2017 1:28pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Exactly, but I didn't quite know how to make that point - it sounds a bit daft saying that ivory looks like ivory!

Post #526108 Mon May 15 2017 1:37pm
crocs

Scotland 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Ipanema Sand

Why does it sound daft? After all, Brexit means Brexit, so Ivory must mean Ivory. Very Happy

Robert

Post #526131 Mon May 15 2017 6:32pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Laughing Laughing

Post #526136 Mon May 15 2017 8:21pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Congrats - spec sounds fab. Did you manage to get yourself a decent discount?

Post #526175 Tue May 16 2017 11:09am
Cooperman

I'm taking it via my work's scheme - it is hassle free and good value when you fully cost up the alternative of taking one personally (finance, insurance, maintenance, RFL etc.). The scheme will be getting a discount, but at what level I do not know. A colleague is having his 911 Targa delivered by the scheme end of this month Thumbs Up and another has just ordered a DB11 on the scheme Bow down

At the end of the term the scheme will sell the car to you at the (conservative) written down book value. Looks like I should be able to buy my current HSE for ~£10k less than webuyanycar are currently offering on it Smile

Post #526198 Tue May 16 2017 2:41pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

That sounds amazing! Jeez a Targa and DB11 as a company car...can't even imagine what the benefit in kind would be like Surprised

Post #526200 Tue May 16 2017 2:51pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Cooperman wrote:
I'm taking it via my work's scheme - it is hassle free and good value when you fully cost up the alternative of taking one personally (finance, insurance, maintenance, RFL etc.). The scheme will be getting a discount, but at what level I do not know. A colleague is having his 911 Targa delivered by the scheme end of this month Thumbs Up and another has just ordered a DB11 on the scheme Bow down

At the end of the term the scheme will sell the car to you at the (conservative) written down book value. Looks like I should be able to buy my current HSE for ~£10k less than webuyanycar are currently offering on it Smile

I hope you're paying income tax on it!Wink

Post #526205 Tue May 16 2017 4:29pm
Cooperman

Yes, it's all completely above board and 100% legit. But let's not talk about tax, I'm from a working class background and don't mind paying some back to the State to help others, but I do tend to get very upset if I spend too long thinking about it!! Big Cry

Post #526211 Tue May 16 2017 5:29pm
Dave777

United Kingdom 

Quote:
Yes, it's all completely above board and 100% legit. But let's not talk about tax, I'm from a working class background and don't mind paying some back to the State to help others, but I do tend to get very upset if I spend too long thinking about it!! Big Cry

For the many, not the few Big Cry MY16 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography in Aleutian silver, stealth pack and toys.

Post #526261 Wed May 17 2017 2:52pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1