82%  [14]
Total Votes: 17

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

markymarkf

United Kingdom 
buying advice

Hi

new to this site, I've had the itch to buy a RRS for a couple of years now. But never finding the courage to take the plunge, Always ending up with an Audi or Mercedes.

A good friend recently said to me (stop f*****ng about, you wont be happy until you finally get one- so JUST do it) yep you guessed it he owns a RRS.

so here i am with somethings on my mind

firstly: should i wait for the my 18?? (dealer seems to think it will be mainly interior changes and a cost increase)

secondly: The dealer has offered me 6% discount off the current model OTR price plus any options i add to the car along with a £1000 finance contribution. Is this a good deal ?? Other extras for example the service plan, wheel and Tyre insurance would have to be paid for at full price.

As for color I'm thinking either Santorini Black or Carpathian Grey as this time i want to stay away from White.

Any advice and thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Mark

Post #525891 Thu May 11 2017 8:46pm
syl

United Kingdom 

10% including finance contribution is a good deal.

I'd wait (I am waiting) for MY18.

Post #525897 Thu May 11 2017 10:37pm
richamartin

2013 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 Baltic Blue

Excellent choice, you won't regret it... I took the plunge and am now on my 5th!

Sounds a fair deal to be honest, but you can always push back a bit more to close the deal.

Both good colours, i just ordered Carpathian Grey with the Stealth pack, looks amazing!

In terms of MY, it depends on your preference really. No confirmed details of MY18 changes, but likely to be LED lights, new front & rear bumper taken from the SVR school of styling. Minimal interior changes by the sounds of it and of course, the aforementioned price hike!
Personally, i went for a factory order, for MY17.5 as i change cars annually and am never a fan of being a test subject for LR's notorious bugs!

Either way though.... you will love it! Now
-----------------------
2022 SVR
2021 Bentley Continental GT
2020 Defender 110
2022 Defender 90 V8
Plus 16 other toys! Wink

Post #525904 Fri May 12 2017 7:00am
Eatpies99

United Kingdom 

Hi Mark.

Same boat as you really. I've ordered the MY17 about a month ago. Not really fussed for waiting for a few changes and price increase. Just my opinion though

Post #525907 Fri May 12 2017 7:36am
markymarkf

United Kingdom 

thanks for the advice

i would normally be inclined to wait for the face lift if i was going mainstream but as it's a RRS i doubt this will make much difference to the residual values.

very much swayed to the grey now just the choice if HSE or HSE Dynamic.

yeah 10% discount would be amazing and have me placing my order, But given every dealer around me is Stratstone i have no chance. Even the one in the showroom i liked they offered me 0 discount. So i have started looking further afield.

Don't get me wrong i have no issues paying full price but when there is a face lift on the horizon i believe better deals can be found

Post #525922 Fri May 12 2017 10:11am
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

Choice of colour may depend on how picky you are and how often you clean the car. Black looks great when sparkling clean. But the next day?

With gray you can get away with much more. 

Post #525923 Fri May 12 2017 10:18am
fkarim

United Kingdom 

My current is Carpathian my first was Santorini. Carpathian Grey is very dark and almost (if not equally) as high maintenance as Santorini Black if you want a really clean and shiny car all the time. I'm not too bothered so mine only gets washed once every 3-5 weeks. The main benefits of Carpathian to me are variance in colour depending on light and the contrast with black roof (more noticeable on a bright day). Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #525930 Fri May 12 2017 10:47am
Foxblue

United Kingdom 

I decided to wait for the MY18, though an impending house move means that I don't want to be in a new car until the autumn anyway. My dealer told me earlier this week that it looks almost certain that the rear and front will be revised, along with new lights and that the interior will get the Velar controls in terms of touch screen etc, possibly new alloys as well.

It will cost more, but if you PCP this will probably be minimal as the GFV will be higher. I went through Coast2Coast and got offered £6k off list.

Post #525933 Fri May 12 2017 11:26am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Another thing with Santorini or Carpathian - the L494 in my opinion doesn't look as imposing in very dark colours, at least it is not as noticeable in Black or very dark grey as the L320 RRS, L494 tends to blend in with all the lesser cars when it is black.

I'm not sure what colour I would have if I were buying another though - white is so popular, Firenze and Corris are also very popular and I find the rest of the colours on offer are uninspiring/ dull apart from Estoril Blue but then that is only available on the SVR............ I like Aintree but don't think it suits L494, looks great of a Defender though. You don't see many Indus RRS around which is maybe because Silvers in general are not so popular as it once was.
My local dealership has a used Zanzibar L494 on their forecourt that looks great with the Stealth/ Black Pack and black contrast roof but been there and know what happens to Zanzibar coloured cars come trade in time Big Cry
http://www.usedvehicles.landrover.co.uk/search#/details/2748300 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #525934 Fri May 12 2017 11:42am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
donny dog

United Kingdom 
Re: buying advice

markymarkf wrote:
Hi

new to this site, I've had the itch to buy a RRS for a couple of years now. But never finding the courage to take the plunge, Always ending up with an Audi or Mercedes.

A good friend recently said to me (stop f*****ng about, you wont be happy until you finally get one- so JUST do it) yep you guessed it he owns a RRS.

so here i am with somethings on my mind

firstly: should i wait for the my 18?? (dealer seems to think it will be mainly interior changes and a cost increase)

secondly: The dealer has offered me 6% discount off the current model OTR price plus any options i add to the car along with a £1000 finance contribution. Is this a good deal ?? Other extras for example the service plan, wheel and Tyre insurance would have to be paid for at full price.

As for color I'm thinking either Santorini Black or Carpathian Grey as this time i want to stay away from White.

Any advice and thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Mark

It's a 'good' deal, but I got my car on 1 March, and got 6% discount including options and £1,500 finance contribution (I cancelled the finance the next day but kept the £1500). My dealer claimed that 6% is far as they can ever go, but there are people on here who claim they've had "10% +".

Carpathian is my favourite colour, and, with hindsight, I wish I'd had it.

Having delivery so close to the MY18 I personally would wait, but it's a gamble on what the price will be, and it assumes you can put up with finger-marked touch screens (personally, I don't like the Velar interior at all, but having the 'latest model' would still influence me).

Post #525938 Fri May 12 2017 1:02pm
naks

South Africa 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Siberian Silver

of all the colours I have seen, this is my favourite by far: Aleutian Silver

Click image to enlarge

this is my second favourite: Luxor

Click image to enlarge
 --
2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
2015 Range Rover Sport Supercharged V8 HSE Dynamic

Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9
Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ

Post #525942 Fri May 12 2017 1:50pm
Beancounter_74

England 

Aleutian Silber, looks very similar to an older colour - Siberian Silver, looks very nice. Cool ON THE WAY: BMW F21 M140i
MERCEDES GL350 - Metallic Navy Blue w/Grey interior

GOING: BMW F31 335D MSport+ xDrive Touring
GONE: Land Rover Discovery 4 HSE - Stornaway Grey w/Black Interior (wish we'd kept it Banging Head )
GONE: BMW F10 520D MSport - Carbon Black
GONE:MY12 RRS SDV6 HSE Sumatra/Ivory/Grand Black Privacy glass

Post #525943 Fri May 12 2017 1:52pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

naks wrote:
of all the colours I have seen, this is my favourite by far: Aleutian Silver

Click image to enlarge

this is my second favourite: Luxor

Click image to enlarge

...and neither are available anymore.

Post #525950 Fri May 12 2017 3:36pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Shop around - on the MY17 you can get 10% off - use car wow as a starting point but there are many other online websites offering various discounts.

The dealer principals have already seen the MY18 changes so anyone telling you otherwise are lying - it's not a new model but some major changes being made for 2018.

Post #525951 Fri May 12 2017 3:40pm
markymarkf

United Kingdom 

I do like to keep my car clean at least once per week a few hours spent on it, find it therapeutic after a long week at work.

I really am trying to stay away from white as my last 4 cars have been white it really is time for a change.

I started with car wow and that was coming in at 5.5%. Stratstone would not even entertain me, I have rang a couple of dealers and as per my first post the best one was Land Rover Wakefield part of the Sytner group.

I don't mind travelling as I am based between Newcastle and the Isle of Wight.

Yep the 3 dealers i have spoken with are playing down the extent of the changes, see below for some responses

Shukers Land Rover

We have had nothing confirmed by Land Rover at this stage in regards to a face-lift model so I genuinely do not know when this could be happening. As and when it does happen however we will not be able to offer the same discount level which is currently running on Carwow. The discount would be minimal, IF any will be applied by my sales manager but would only be able to quote once everything has been confirmed due to the price increase and reduced discount level.

Guy Salmon

Well I don’t know anything officially, but I believe there may be a mild face-lift coming but that may focus more on interior changes as opposed to radically different exterior looks.

If you were to look at the current model I would see what I could do for you, but with Range Rover Sports it’s not going to be a massive deal over and above the existing finance contributions as that is always the model from our build allocation that sells out first. For example for quarter two ending June, we have one build slot left.

I can certainly look at a quarter three car for you though.

cheers for the support

Mark

Post #525953 Fri May 12 2017 5:33pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>