Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > few annoying issues
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

IRBails

Australia 
few annoying issues

Well after a long drive I have noticed a few issues:-

1) I have a build up of brake pad material on the front disc's which is causing a vibration when applying brakes at speed. Would this be a warranty claim ?

2) The seat memory will not return the drivers seat of the correct position. This annoys meas I always need to manually adjust the last few movements to get my seat in the correct position! I have the drivers seat to full height and all the way back maybe this position exceeds the range? M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #525649 Mon May 08 2017 9:55pm
matsoutback

Australia 

I would be getting the vibration looked into for sure as a warranty issue. As for the memory seats, don't have them so can't comment except with the Touareg, when exiting the vehicle, you would sometimes drag your bum over the switches, subsequently making slight adjustments to the seat position for the next time. There were a few complaints about that if I recall correctly. 2017 MY17 SDV6 SE

Post #525657 Mon May 08 2017 11:04pm
Autobiography

The seat memory is a known issue but LR cannot fix it...

Post #525662 Tue May 09 2017 5:33am
IRBails

Australia 

Well just got another issue car at dealer limp home mode!!! Did find the fuel filter though. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #525666 Tue May 09 2017 7:24am
donny dog

United Kingdom 
Re: few annoying issues

IRBails wrote:
Well after a long drive I have noticed a few issues:-

1) I have a build up of brake pad material on the front disc's which is causing a vibration when applying brakes at speed. Would this be a warranty claim ?

2) The seat memory will not return the drivers seat of the correct position. This annoys meas I always need to manually adjust the last few movements to get my seat in the correct position! I have the drivers seat to full height and all the way back maybe this position exceeds the range?

I have a MY17, and don't have either of these problems (and I also have my seat at the top of its height adjustment).

Post #525679 Tue May 09 2017 8:34am
IRBails

Australia 

Well the Limp home mode with no explanation is a worry. First time with a car just 18 months old needs to be towed. Hope this is not a pre curser to Range Rover ownership. will get the low down tomorrow on what the issue is the workshop was full of cars so perhaps I will be without the car for awhile. Here's hoping it is just an electrical fault ? M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #525696 Tue May 09 2017 10:54am
matsoutback

Australia 

I'm sorry to hear that Bails... Interested to see what the outcome is today. I agree with you, not a good intro to RR ownership. Sad
I wonder if it is the same issue as DRfox1969 with the EGR system clogging up the intake?? 2017 MY17 SDV6 SE

Post #525736 Tue May 09 2017 8:36pm
DrFox1969

Australia 

Hope its gets sorted out soon IRBails. Nothing more frustrating than getting towed.

The previous issue with my throttle being clogged up prevented the engine from firing. It sounds like in your case the engine still turned over but it was in a "safety" mode.

It will be interesting to see what was the cause. 2016 Range Rover Sport SDV8 HSE Dynamic (Indus Silver/Santorini Black Pano Roof, Ebony/Cirrus leather, custom grey Style 508 alloys)

Post #525749 Wed May 10 2017 4:19am
IRBails

Australia 

OK car fixed but still at dealers. I must say I really like the tech at Southern classic, a real trade qualified guy that gets on the tools. Went through the issues with me which turned out to be boost controller fault earth to ground earth to positive something like this. Got a PCM upgrade that should take care of the issue. Also fixing my front park sensors which required another part which should be in tomorrow. They will look into the brakes and seat issue as well but I am in no hurry for the seat.

Good thing is he said he would fit the brake pads that I want and has no issue me supplying. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #525750 Wed May 10 2017 6:05am
matsoutback

Australia 

Good outcome Bails, I always expected I'd get to know the service guys more than with my Landcruiser...

I'm sure my turn is coming up soon enough Rolling with laughter

If we get a member from WA and NT, we should have country covered.... (ACT, VIC and Tas don't count, do they??) 2017 MY17 SDV6 SE

Post #525752 Wed May 10 2017 7:17am
IRBails

Australia 

Well picked my car up and fault still there. Some times goes to limp other just the engine light stays on. Quite annoying . They were also supposed to fix the front park sensors but these are still not working. Tried to get a copy of the fault codes but could not as the tech with the info wasn't there. Seems the fault is turbo related is a real pain in the ar$e, Good start for a new car with 24.000 miles. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #525905 Fri May 12 2017 7:29am
matsoutback

Australia 

Not fun mate... I hope you get a decent diagnosis and remedy shortly. I agree, not a good start... 2017 MY17 SDV6 SE

Post #525964 Fri May 12 2017 10:02pm
IRBails

Australia 

Hate these sort of issues. The tech refer to the codes and these can really mean anything. They have cleaned terminals, which plsses me off as a 4WD should not be subject to corrosion. I am now researching code readers , seems there is a vast array of reader that will reset codes which is my main concern as I don't want to be stuck purely for a reset . I wish I had the actual codes then I could do some good research. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #525966 Fri May 12 2017 10:51pm
IRBails

Australia 

Found a cable to use with this software and guess what on the trial version it worked. The cable I had kicking around so this might be an easy first solution for me.

https://www.obdautodoctor.com/ M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #525967 Sat May 13 2017 1:24am
matsoutback

Australia 

Which cable did you have kicking around? 2017 MY17 SDV6 SE

Post #525968 Sat May 13 2017 1:34am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>