RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > few annoying issues
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

IRBails

Australia 

ODB Link SX purcahsed for my daughters Suzuki some time ago. Here is the restricted trial version info

Confirmed Diagnostic Trouble Codes
-P0046: Turbocharger/Supercharger Boost Control "A" Circuit Range/Performance (Powertrain, Generic)

Pending Diagnostic Trouble Codes
-none

Permanent Diagnostic Trouble Codes
-P0047: Turbocharger/Supercharger Boost Control "A" Circuit Low (Powertrain, Generic)
-P0048: Turbocharger/Supercharger Boost Control "A" Circuit High (Powertrain, Generic)
-P0046: Turbocharger/Supercharger Boost Control "A" Circuit Range/Performance (Powertrain, Generic)

Freeze Frame #0
-DTC: Not available in trial
-Calculated engine load: Not in trial
-Engine Coolant Temperature: 79 °C
-Engine RPM: 677 RPM
-Vehicle Speed Sensor: 0 km/h
-Intake Air Temperature: 30 °C
-Time Since Engine Start: Not in trial
-Fuel Level Input: Not in trial
-Barometric Pressure: Not in trial
-Control module voltage: Not in trial
-Ambient Air Temperature: Not in trial
-Accelerator Pedal Position D: Not in trial
-Accelerator Pedal Position E: Not in trial
-Relative Accelerator Pedal Position: Not in trial
-Engine Oil Temperature: Not in trial
-Fuel Injection Timing: Not in trial
-Air Flow Rate from Mass Flow Sensor: Not in trial
-EGR: Not in trial
-Exhaust Gas Recirculation Temperature: Not in trial
-Throttle: Not in trial
-Fuel Pressure Control: Not in trial
-Boost Pressure Control: Not in trial
-Charge Air Cooler Temperature: Not in trial

Freeze Frame #1
-none

Diagnostic information provided by OBD Auto Doctor

Also showed EGR error but not sure. The cost of the full version is $70.00 Au so I am inclined to purchase and see what it does. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #525969 Sat May 13 2017 2:44am
matsoutback

Australia 

I would purchase it, it's a great tool to have regardless of the current issues you are having. Did drfox get any information from landrover in respect to error codes his put up when he had his problem?(to compare) 2017 MY17 SDV6 SE

Post #525972 Sat May 13 2017 3:45am
IRBails

Australia 

Just jumped into the car to get a blue tooth dongle from Jcar. Car engine light was off? Went a few blocks and limp mode came on but no engine light. Stopped and restarted changed drive mode to dynamic and limp mode came back again?? Stopped and restarted and gave it a boot full drive like I was in the GP and so far no limp mode and no engine lights. I did see a post where the OP ran the fuel quite low and his car went to limp mode ? Wondering if my run down to just 10 litres on my return from Melbourne could make this happen??? The codes say turbo though so who knows, the British have never been good at electronics. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #525973 Sat May 13 2017 4:30am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Bails, that is a distinct possiblity - several Evoque owners over on their forums have suffered the same issue running the tank level down until the yellow low fuel light is permanently showing. They report the same restricted power message and difficulty in resetting. I will post that they should give it a drive like they stole it. One member has posted that when he read the error codes from the log he had 2 errors codes that warned of EGR failure - this is on a 3 year old 2.2litre engined car. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #525976 Sat May 13 2017 8:11am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
naks

South Africa 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Siberian Silver

check your battery as well, a low battery can give all sorts of weird issues.

a good idea is to put the vehicle on a Ctek charge overnight and see what happens --
2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
2015 Range Rover Sport Supercharged V8 HSE Dynamic

Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9
Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ

Post #525990 Sat May 13 2017 11:01am
IRBails

Australia 

Very Strange I am still driving the car, starts out with no fault light and then goes to limp mode. Restart and then drive a bit limp mode again. Restart and engine light now on but does not go to limp mode for again. Thrash the car just to check the supposed fault of boost but still running fine with engine check light on. Will drive again tomorrow and then on Monday drive to the dealers. Good news is my parking sensors are now working like they should. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #525991 Sat May 13 2017 12:53pm
DrFox1969

Australia 

matsoutback wrote:
I would purchase it, it's a great tool to have regardless of the current issues you are having. Did drfox get any information from landrover in respect to error codes his put up when he had his problem?(to compare)

Unfortunately the only info I managed to get was as posted on my previous thread. Another copy attached.

Click image to enlarge
 2016 Range Rover Sport SDV8 HSE Dynamic (Indus Silver/Santorini Black Pano Roof, Ebony/Cirrus leather, custom grey Style 508 alloys)

Post #526073 Mon May 15 2017 3:51am
IRBails

Australia 

Well car went to dealers again yesterday to clear the CEL. After talking to the Tech he said he would be on to RR to find out what parts need replacing as the same codes to the actuator keep coming up. If it is the actuators I suspect it is motor out job as the Turbos will be hard to access in the car. Bit of a bummer if this is the case as dropping the sub frame can lead to all sorts of future issues. The code are just saying power leaks to earth and power leaks to positive or something like this, but same start codes as those posted by me.

They said they fixed the seats , new software, but they are still not working correctly . Hope these issues are the normal getting things sorted for a long reliable life. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #526142 Mon May 15 2017 10:55pm
IRBails

Australia 

Latest News they are going to replace the primary turbo, which does not require engine removal as there is 4 hrs work according to RR. Issue is there are none in Australia and I will be waiting 2 weeks for the parts. I can still drive the car so not to bad. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #526150 Tue May 16 2017 6:36am
matsoutback

Australia 

At least you know what is wrong, sounds like just bad luck there Bails! 2017 MY17 SDV6 SE

Post #526152 Tue May 16 2017 8:04am
IRBails

Australia 

Actually we don't know what is wrong this is elimination now, could be the PCM, wiring or the actuator . The most likely is the actuator so it is first cab off the rank for change.

What I do like is Daniel at Southern Classic keeps me in the loop and is happy to explain, which when dealing with an old tech head like me isn't easy. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #526159 Tue May 16 2017 9:51am
IRBails

Australia 

On another issue I was able to source Brake components in Australia front and rear full replacement for $595 aussie dollars. Seems the Brakes are the same as the Older models . Front disc $170 pair is much better than OME. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #526351 Thu May 18 2017 11:30pm
IRBails

Australia 

Well car back from Dealers . Was in 3 days for replacement of the primary turbo . I also had the front brakes replaced, that is Rotors and pads. Lets hope this is the only problems I have. All seems good so far. Brake replacement was very low cost, I supplied parts and dealer did the job , all up about $480 Aussie dollars. They also did a update on the seat so hopefully it returns to the correct height. I had a Disco Sport as a loaner which was good considering the miserable weather we are having. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #527780 Thu Jun 08 2017 1:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12