RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Insurance companies who aren't on the comparison websites?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

kmpowell

Thanks - A-Plan have quoted £650. Their USP is I can nominate the garage after any accident, and the garage must use genuine LR parts, rather then the other insurance companies who say you have to use their nominated garage and they are allowed to use non-genuine and/or recycled parts. The price also includes 90 days European cover as standard which I can use when I we go skiing.

So the choice is £580 with Hastings, or £650 with A-Plan. It seems that for the sake of £70 over the year I should go with A-Plan.

Thanks all, a good tip that's paid off. Thumbs Up SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #524441 Tue Apr 25 2017 11:38am
alexa111s

United Kingdom 

I was amazed at the reduction I got from the NFU (National Farmers Union) for my AB RRS. Incredible. Was half the price of any comparison site and a great insurance cover.

Post #524466 Tue Apr 25 2017 4:16pm
riverblanche

United Kingdom 

Hi,
just going through the Annual "ring round the insurance companies"

Currently with the Post Office was £360 but also had a "beat your renewal" so another £52 off Smile has gone up to £400 this year, they are still offering the £50 and RAC cover but for New Customers Only Exclamation

A-plan were close at £460 and tried a few others, highest is nearly £800 Shocked

Have tried NFU before and never in the ball park... But today £390 inc RAC breakdown cover £32 to inc recovery and homestart so a call to the Post office for their best price or NFU for us Thumbs Up

Post #524485 Tue Apr 25 2017 8:56pm
Graz

United Kingdom 

Agree with A Plan. I was with Admiral and they wanted £650 but got a renewal quote with A plan for £290

Post #524488 Tue Apr 25 2017 9:07pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

When I got mine in September my advanced driver insurance co would not cover an RRS anywhere, I tried A plan who were around £800, nfu were around £600 but direct line were only £400 so we went with them, I'll try all others again this year as I am expecting direct line to go through the roof on year 2 but will wait and see then move accordingly!

Post #524490 Tue Apr 25 2017 9:22pm
insiorc

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

I've been with Direct Line with at least one of my cars for years, yes each year the renewal price increases but what you do is get an online quote with identical details then as it's always a cheaper quote than renewal, you phone and ask them to amend their renewal to match rather than the hassle of cancelling and taking a new policy. It's worked each year for me, and £160 comp isn't too a bad price for my FFRR. My only issue is they refuse to insure my RRS without a tracker...it's not like it's an amphibious RRS Confused 13MY Range Rover Sport Autobiography SDV6 - mine
14MY Range Rover Evoque Dynamic SD4 Black Pack - wife's
99MY Defender 90 TD5, Soft Top Conversion - my toy, and bairns favourite

Post #524493 Tue Apr 25 2017 10:13pm
mlines

United Kingdom 

Just gone with A-Plan at £530 for Autobiography Dynamic SDV8, that price is as good as the best the comparison sites would offer. 2016 RRS 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography Dynamic in Montalcino Red and Stealth Kit

Post #531928 Wed Aug 02 2017 1:16pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12