RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Latest Nav Maps for RRS MY16 - M6/M1 junction in particular
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

JOCK55

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red

Well, UPS finally delivered the shipment at 18.37 this evening.

According to the labels it has had an unschedulled trip to Miami, Florida!!!! Not sure, but it may have been misdirected to Inverness, Texas!!! Anyway, the USB thumb drive is here now but I will not have an opportunity to upload the data until tomorrow. Will take some pics of the product and any screen shots that look interesting.

Watch this space.......

Old Jock 2018 (MY19) Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 300PS Petrol in Caesium Blue with many bells and whistles.
2015 RRS HSE SDV6 Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Glass Roof, gone but not forgotten.

Post #524568 Wed Apr 26 2017 8:04pm
insiorc

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

JOCK55 wrote:
it may have been misdirected to Inverness, Texas!!!

An easy mistake really, what with all those cowboys in Inverness Rolling with laughter 13MY Range Rover Sport Autobiography SDV6 - mine
14MY Range Rover Evoque Dynamic SD4 Black Pack - wife's
99MY Defender 90 TD5, Soft Top Conversion - my toy, and bairns favourite

Post #524569 Wed Apr 26 2017 8:23pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

JOCK55 wrote:
Well, UPS finally delivered the shipment at 18.37 this evening.

According to the labels it has had an unschedulled trip to Miami, Florida!!!! Not sure, but it may have been misdirected to Inverness, Texas!!! Anyway, the USB thumb drive is here now but I will not have an opportunity to upload the data until tomorrow. Will take some pics of the product and any screen shots that look interesting.

Watch this space.......

Old Jock

It's best, I found, to keep the engine running, not just loading using ignition on, like detailed in instructions, as it takes about 2hrs 30mins to load, and can flatten battery. Whistle John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #524601 Thu Apr 27 2017 1:11am
JOCK55

Well, the saga continues!

First of all, this is the box that the update arrives in.

This is what the box contains: Thumb Drive, Instruction Book in 27 languages, Service Agreement, Registration Card.

This is the first screen shot after inserting the thumb drive in the USB Port.

This is where it all starts to go pear shaped!!! The next screen should be for you to enter the VIN of your vehicle.

But after waiting for over half an hour for something to happen, I decided it wasn't going to happen. I shut it all down and went through the loading procedure exactly as it says in the instruction book....... with exactly the same result!!! Shut it all down again and went to the house to phone NEXT. Got through..... to an answering machine that said they were closed today due to a Dutch Public Holiday. So emailed them at their Customer Service Department and immediately got an auto-reply informing me that my query would be dealt with in the next 4 working days. If query was important to phone them!!!!

So whichever way we turn we are snookered. I am booked on a ferry to Spain on Tuesday and wanted the updated maps for Portugal as that is our final destination and my son advised me to update my maps as the road system around Lagos has recently changed significantly!!!

I'll try HERE again tomorrow, but if all else fails, I'll go and buy a Tom Tom from Tesco. It's cheaper than this map upgrade, anyway!

Old Jock 2018 (MY19) Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 300PS Petrol in Caesium Blue with many bells and whistles.
2015 RRS HSE SDV6 Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Glass Roof, gone but not forgotten.

Post #524669 Thu Apr 27 2017 5:18pm
insiorc

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

Jock55

I'm sorry to hear your having trouble with your update, I can't help with that. But if you do end up going for the TomTom option then depending on what type phone you have then have you considered a phone app type sat nav? I've used CoPilot since 2010 on both iPhone and Android and once bought you get free map updates twice a year (I did anyway), it doesn't use any data unless you want additonal features like traffic jam notification etc. and the best bit is most people have it with them 24/7 so no chance of forgetting it at home. I found it excellent with the re-routing, fixed camera position and notification - basically a top level spec sat nav for about £40 (depending on what map coverage you go for) Then there is the free ones like google maps etc. which of course use data.

Hopefully you'll get your RRS updated as it should, but I just thought I'd mention the above as an option to purchasing a TomTom

Dennis 13MY Range Rover Sport Autobiography SDV6 - mine
14MY Range Rover Evoque Dynamic SD4 Black Pack - wife's
99MY Defender 90 TD5, Soft Top Conversion - my toy, and bairns favourite

Post #524670 Thu Apr 27 2017 5:37pm
JOCK55

Hi Dennis,

Sounds like a good idea and one less piece of electronic junk to carry with me!

We'll see how we get on tomorrow.

Cheers.

Post #524671 Thu Apr 27 2017 5:42pm
Johnski

Hi Jock, likewise sorry to hear of your problems, only other suggestion I could make is to call into your LR dealership, as they do install up to date maps on asking, they may know some way around your problem.
Also ensure your Radio/CD whatever is also turned off when attempting to load new maps. May I ask if you have more than one USB socket fitted? Just in case only able to use one to upload data.
Let us know how you get on and if your local LR dealer can assist. Wink
Lastly, have a good trip and enjoy yourself. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Last edited by Johnski on Tue Sep 05 2017 2:14pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #524673 Thu Apr 27 2017 6:00pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

JOCK55 wrote:
Well, the saga continues!

First of all, this is the box that the update arrives in.

This is what the box contains: Thumb Drive, Instruction Book in 27 languages, Service Agreement, Registration Card.

This is the first screen shot after inserting the thumb drive in the USB Port.

This is where it all starts to go pear shaped!!! The next screen should be for you to enter the VIN of your vehicle.

But after waiting for over half an hour for something to happen, I decided it wasn't going to happen. I shut it all down and went through the loading procedure exactly as it says in the instruction book....... with exactly the same result!!! Shut it all down again and went to the house to phone NEXT. Got through..... to an answering machine that said they were closed today due to a Dutch Public Holiday. So emailed them at their Customer Service Department and immediately got an auto-reply informing me that my query would be dealt with in the next 4 working days. If query was important to phone them!!!!

So whichever way we turn we are snookered. I am booked on a ferry to Spain on Tuesday and wanted the updated maps for Portugal as that is our final destination and my son advised me to update my maps as the road system around Lagos has recently changed significantly!!!

I'll try HERE again tomorrow, but if all else fails, I'll go and buy a Tom Tom from Tesco. It's cheaper than this map upgrade, anyway!

Old Jock

Is that the correct version? I thought your car was a MY15? 

Post #524687 Thu Apr 27 2017 7:56pm
JOCK55

Yes it's the correct version. Incontrol Touch PLUS not Incontrol Touch PRO, which is for the MY17 vehicles.

Post #524706 Fri Apr 28 2017 1:27am
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

Sorry - misread Plus. Thumbs Up 

Post #524718 Fri Apr 28 2017 8:14am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Jock your thumb drive's world tour shows how bad courier companies can be - In March the ship was supposed to receive a new PLC control board for a mooring winch........ it was sent by a yellow and red liveried courier company who claims to transport all the F1 teams around the world...........On March 6 the package arrived in Casablanca where the "next day" delivery package got held in transit for 48 hours and consequently missed the ship (we only get 8-12 hours in port to work 20,000 tonnes of cargo hence using next day delivery... 4 weeks later we return to Tangiers Med to be told the courier company local office had sent the package on to Seville - not a well known seaport and not somewhere we had asked for it to go. According to the tracking it was actually still at Casablanca when in fact it was in the courier company office in Tangiers. We then omitted our Tangier calll but our agent had given 8 days notice that the package had to be in Algeciras for the 23rd April to meet the ship. On 23rd April we berthed in Algeciras and our freight forwarder said they had not yet received the PLC. Tracking showed it had moved 3kms down the road to Tangiers and would miss the ship again. Yesterday I was told it was once again in Seville and was promised delivery May 5th Algeciras............. this morning there is an email from the courier company saying that they had attempted delivery at Algeciras but the ship wasn't there - err that's because it is Leixoes, Portugal and you said you would delivery on May 5th in Algeciras. So much for next month delivery when you have paid for next day delivery.......... it would probably have been quicker and cheaper for one of the Tangier office staff to have been given a day return on the Tangiers/Algeciras /Tangier ferry and hand carried the PLC over............. and shut out the courier! How does F1 get around the world in time for GP's with service like that 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #524733 Fri Apr 28 2017 12:21pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JOCK55

THE MAP UPDATE SAGA - DAY 3

Firstly let me say hello to Johnski who has been conspicuous by his absence recently. Good to see you back on the Forum John, hope you are well.

Now, managed to get through to HERE Customer Service in Apeldoorn, The Netherlands and spoke to a very helpful lady there by the name of Timika. Explained to her the saga to date and she went off for a chat with her Technical Department with a promise to call me back in half an hour. Exactly 30 minutes later the phone rang and the lovely Timika relayed from the Technical Department the following pearls of wisdom; the fault was either with their thumb drive or with the Incontrol unit in my car. From their experience this was 95% of the time a fault from within the car (are we surprised???). The suggested solution was to take my car and the thumb drive to my local dealer and get them to try and get them to start the upload process. If the fault was in the car they could then fix it. If it turned out to be the thumb drive that was at fault, I should send the defective drive to them, and on receipt of it they would send me a replacement. I advised her that I would call my dealer and see if they could help me out. I was given Timika's direct line number to call if there were any problems. So it was a call to the local JLR Dealer, Parks Group. After much tooing and frowing around the service department they decided the earliest they could look at the car was 18th May!!! So that was useless for me.

Called Timika back and she told me to hang up so she could return the call so I didn't rack up a fortune on International calls. Gave her the sad news. She advised that she could send a new thumb drive to me today so long as I sent back the defective package by courier today, however, she doubted it would arrive by Monday morning when I am heading off to Portsmouth to get the ferry the following day. Therefore she suggested that I download the maps for UK, Spain and Portugal (final destination) from their website and upload them to my phone. It's the same maps as we have in our cars, just displayed on my phone rather than the ICTP screen. Normally you can only download one map for free and have to pay for any others however, she gave me a code that would allow me download all the maps for free. She also gave me a case number so I could contact HERE when I return to UK at end of May so we can communicate again in the future. She did note that the end of May was beyond their normal 30 day return policy, but that she would add a note at the bottom of my case file to say that under the circumstances this will be waived. The app and maps can be found at [url]wego.here.com[/url].

So, all in all a bit of a result. This was a pleasant lady and a seemingly pleasant organisation to deal with. The unpleasant part was contacting the dealer and their "stressed out" response to a simple request for help.

This weekend will be committed to packing the car up with power tools etc. as this will be a bit of a working holiday doing up a very old and extremely dilapidated farm house that my son bought last year. I feel knackered before I even start.

Post #524795 Fri Apr 28 2017 11:55pm
Johnski

Thanks Nick (Jock55) for the welcome back, after a long time absense due to health problems and having to learn to drive using left foot braking and accelerating, with accelerator being moved to left hand side of brake pedal. Had to go on a course to help adapt to new fittings etc, great fun not. Big Cry
Pleased to be back in my car, and driving again, and yes it started fine after several months (Trickle charge when at home). Very Happy
It now has various adaptions custom made and fitted. The accelerator pedal can be switched across to RHS if required for other drivers. Just need another 25mm lower really to make access easier.

None of the above, of course Jock, helps you sort your map problems though. Whistle
Although not sorted yet, it's great to hear of the good service by a Company and their staff, going beyond the normal T&C. Not impressed at the LR dealership, with the importance I thought they could find someone for say 30mins just to check and start up. Even when full of jobs, they still have spare time built in, that's how some engineers can do 20 hours chargeable work in 8 hours, by using the book times. If that's your normal service place, I would search out another. Whistle

Have a well deserved trip and enjoy yourself, and update us once back in the UK. Thumbs Up John

Post #524796 Sat Apr 29 2017 12:31am
jc74

United Kingdom 

Thanks for sharing your experience on this.sorry to hear you're having so much trouble with this. I'll definitely hold off until this comes to a good conclusion!

Post #524955 Mon May 01 2017 8:16am
jc74

United Kingdom 

Just wondering... did this ever get sorted out in the end?

Post #534587 Tue Sep 05 2017 9:37am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12