RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > Brake pedal - spongy/pulsating feel
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

rabcnesbit

United Kingdom 

Actually, the recall work was apparently done in 2012 at a LR dealer at about 42k miles. The car is a 2006 reg and now about 82k miles, and the dealers were trying to fob me off saying the recall work was already done in 2012, the age of the car etc. However, I stood my ground and pursue the matter with LR customer Service. My reasoning being that if the recall work was already done as claimed, then the issue should not occur/reoccur as part of the recall work was to fit a modification etc. So, either the recall work was not done properly, or LR have not managed to eradicate the problem with the modification. RRS 2.7 TDV HSE MY07

Post #535833 Mon Sep 18 2017 9:42pm
rabcnesbit

United Kingdom 

Cbr60rracer wrote:
rabcnesbit wrote:
So, eventually got the garage to have another look, after they insisted the brake fluid was changed properly and that's not the problem. They now tell me it is oil that has leaked into the brake servo unit and I need to replace that and a modified pipe (as LR had modified the pipe) at a total cost of £600 (parts and labour)!!!

Hi
This happened to me shortly after buying mine. Actually I lost all brakes when driving home from work " scary" because of the oil vapour.
I bought a new servo and pipe from Land Rover Norwich for £260 and fitted it within an hour.
It's not that difficult to do and will save you a lot of money.
Regards

Wow! £260 + your labour. That's not bad at all. I was advised it cost between £500 and £600, hence reason why I tried my best to get it done free, under the recall program RRS 2.7 TDV HSE MY07

Post #535834 Mon Sep 18 2017 9:45pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12