RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > InControl Remote Transport Mode - Does It Work?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

fkarim

United Kingdom 
InControl Remote Transport Mode - Does It Work?

Switched transport mode on in the InControl Remote app before crossing the channel. As soon as the ferry started moving I got a text that a theft alert had been reported by the car. Got a call from the control centre as well. I asked him why would the car raise the alarm when in transport mode and he said it could be the 'intruder' alarm rather than the motion sensor based one. He disabled the alarm from his side (I think by putting the car in service mode as that's what InControl was showing afterwards) for the duration of our crossing, although I still got a couple of texts after that too. On our way back, despite setting transport mode again, got a text telling me that the alarm had been activated. However, just one text that time and no phone call.

Normally we use the tunnel/train to transport the car across and this was the first time on ferry for this car. I guess it doesn't happen on the train because the car is in the tunnel hence out of reach and unable to send the signal.

Anyone else experienced that? Shouldn't transport mode take care of this. That's what it is for Confused Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #523112 Fri Apr 07 2017 10:34pm
Springer

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Rimini Red
Transport Mode

must admit I didn't set the transport mode but I did double lock the car (2017 HSE D) because that is what I used to do with the previous 2013 model. within 2 minutes of the Isle of Man ferry leaving Liverpool I had a text reporting the car stolen. I rang and the alarm was deactivated and a note put on file for the return journey next week,
I admit to not reading the manual before leaving regarding single and double locking (thought it would be the same as last model - why change it?)
I will try using transport mode for the return trip and single lock it only.

Andy

Post #531537 Fri Jul 28 2017 4:58pm
JOCK55

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red

I put my car in transport mode when travelling to Northern Spain (Santander), en route to Portugal. Everything was fine for the first 12 hours, then received a call saying that the system had been triggered. Explained what was going on and they put the car in maintenance mode for the remainder (11 hours of the trip). On the return trip (Bilbao to Portsmouth) I put in maintenance mode and didn't get a peep out of the car or Land Rover! Go figure. I'm not sure if transport mode works or not now!!!

Old Jock 2018 (MY19) Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 300PS Petrol in Caesium Blue with many bells and whistles.
2015 RRS HSE SDV6 Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Glass Roof, gone but not forgotten.

Post #531550 Fri Jul 28 2017 7:14pm
Lyonhead

Wales 

Transport Mode works as follows;

As you can see there is a time limit of operation of Transport Mode.

Hope this helps. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #531582 Sat Jul 29 2017 10:13am
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

The web site allows you set set a time up to 72 hours 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #531598 Sat Jul 29 2017 11:55am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1