RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Jumping ship from an F-Pace
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

The Gman

United Kingdom 
Jumping ship from an F-Pace

Good afternoon, newbie on the RRS forum, long time LR owner I have had a 90, Disco 1,2 & 3, 2001 RR 2.5D and a 53 plate RR Vogue plus the other half has had 3 x freelanders. So I am used to gremlins in the electrics normally cured, by switching off the ignition and restarting, part of there charm Confused

I am bailing out of my fpace(s), first one reject at 6 months with ITCP issues, second just the same so that is in the rejection process at 3 weeks old.

Two questions if I may, firstly when was ITCP introduced into the RRS, MY17? And secondly I am reading about issues on the forum that are ITCP related, my Fpace issues were Bluetooth connection issues, dropping Bluetooth mid call, sat nav traffic alerts, and auto log in sat nav failures, won't eject CD, not storing cd media correctly and dropping out of 3G connectivity as well as poor dab radio reception, is this reasonably general?

I am beginning to think a 16 plate without ITCP (if it hadn't been introduced by then) might be the best option.

I would love to hear from the forum about reliability of new and nearly HSE dynamics?

Thanks in anticipation!

Post #521942 Sun Mar 26 2017 2:27pm
Jimbo095

United Kingdom 

Yes it was introduced on the MY17 matey. There are definitely gremlins that are very frustrating, however I can't be sure whether you will replicate the same issues or whether there'll be some variation..
iPhone USB connectivity for incontrol apps is terrible. Works about 50/50 and can get stuck/not respond. Sometimes it appears the USB port completely loses power, won't even charge the phone let alone connect!
Don't recall ever being disconnected mid call or losing Bluetooth.
Have lost 3G connection but wasn't sure if coverage was the issue.
Not used the traffic alerts on the nav so can't help there.
No idea how street view works, it's activated in the 3G area but have never seen an option to actually display it?
Reverse camera has twice stopped working.
Parking sensors go bananas (with no imminent obstruction) and distort terribly when reversing in to my garage.
Never used a cd or uploaded music, I use Spotify when it decides to work.

USB and camera faults generally reset when car switched off/on..

Other than that it's a lovely vehicle!! Big Cry

Hope this helps!

Post #521945 Sun Mar 26 2017 3:17pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Gman,

We have a 66 plate Hse dynamic my 16.5, this has the old style infotainment system, I was a bit wary of this as I have had bmws for the last ten years with really good systems, however in my opinion yes there is normally a slight delay when you input something but as long as you have patience it seems to work fine.

After 3 X5's & an X6 in 4 years we decided to go back to JLR & I have to say this is the first car in a longtime I like!

If I was you after your F pace issues I would opt for the last of the old systems like mine on a 66 plate car, however some are retailing for more than you could get a new one for, if you are happy taking a dealer stock one.

Good luck & I would def recommend them.

Malc

Post #521954 Sun Mar 26 2017 6:30pm
Jimbo095

United Kingdom 

Obviously each to their own but despite my gripes with ICTP the MY17 is leaps and bounds ahead of the old system and I'd take it every time. From the configurable cockpit, graphics, functions, speed etc it is better in every way. Well, apparently there's no voice input for the nav which the old system had so a step back there! I recently had a MY16.5 courtesy car and the difference is significant, IMO. I just hoe they have a software patch imminent to rectify the issues, guess the choice is seamless functionality of an inferior system or accept the various glitches of a modern one, your call!

Post #521957 Sun Mar 26 2017 6:41pm
The Gman

United Kingdom 

Thanks Malc and Jimbo, hmm having battled with ITCP frustration means I think it's more likely a MY 16.5 car for me, will also test drive the new Audi SQ5 and make the call!

Post #521959 Sun Mar 26 2017 6:48pm
scrumps

United Kingdom 

Hi,

I have a 16MY AB and the infotainment is fine for everything I do.

We have just picked up a D5 HSE with full ICTP and (so far) there's nothing to complain about. We've suffered none of the issues the 17MY RRS2 people seem to have.

Not sure if that's luck or the D5 is ICTP sorted - but if it is then I would hope (!!) that JLR would read-across the "fixes" in to the rest of the range (RRE and RRS2).

Scrumps

Jimbo,

Quote:
No idea how street view works, it's activated in the 3G area but have never seen an option to actually display it?

When in "Navigation" touch the button that looks like a stack of paper. On the RHS of the screen you will see "2D", "3D" and below that looks like a satellite dish. That turns on the "satellite" view. I haven't tried the "street view" option for junctions yet as we haven't been anywhere new in it (but I think it's linked)!

Scrumps Somerset - Where the apples do grow and the cider do flow!
2021 Defender 90 D250 HSE in Tasman with white roof.
24MY D300 AB - Verasine Blue - 😀
19MY SDV6 AB - Byron Blue - Gone
17MY D5 SDV6 HSE - Firenze Red - Gone
16MY SDV6 AB -Aruba Silver - Gone
13.5MY SDV6 "HSE Black" - Baltic Blue - Gone
10MY TDV8 HSE Galway Green - Gone
14MY D4 HSE in Scotia Grey - Gone
05 TD5 D90 CSW in Cairns Blue

Post #521960 Sun Mar 26 2017 7:45pm
holmesy84

United Kingdom 

I've got an MY17 AB and must be one of the lucky ones as my ICTP seems to be working at the moment.

I plugged in a SIM card last week and all the traffic alerts, live, web browser etc came alive without incident. Just discovered the satellite (google map) style view on the sat nav and that seems to work fine so that's definitely a plus. I also find myself using the Map display on the dash regularly and wouldn't want to be without now.

Having come from an Evoque which had the old system this one is leaps ahead in my opinion.

My only gripes are the cameras not working when going over 10mph and incontrol apps are pretty useless and in my opinion they'd be better off just putting in an Apple Car Play link and be done with it, just focus on making ICTP better.

Post #521976 Sun Mar 26 2017 10:26pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Jimbo,

Quote:

When in "Navigation" touch the button that looks like a stack of paper. On the RHS of the screen you will see "2D", "3D" and below that looks like a satellite dish. That turns on the "satellite" view. I haven't tried the "street view" option for junctions yet as we haven't been anywhere new in it (but I think it's linked)!

Scrumps[/quote]

As you say, satellite view is easy to select, but it doesn't get you the 3-D local view on arrival or the parking space option. I am still looking for those!

Post #521977 Sun Mar 26 2017 10:36pm
wilf

I am in a MY 16 (Dec '15) HSE Dynamic 3.0 SDV6.

So far it has had a complete new diff and two reversing cameras in its 23k miles. All sorted without fuss or hassle, to be fair.

But the non-ITCP electronics have been perfect. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Last edited by wilf on Mon Mar 27 2017 1:54pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #521997 Mon Mar 27 2017 9:02am
Jimbo095

United Kingdom 

donny dog wrote:
Jimbo,

Quote:

Scrumps

As you say, satellite view is easy to select, but it doesn't get you the 3-D local view on arrival or the parking space option. I am still looking for those![/quote]

Cheers but yes I'm in the same boat. I have satellite view no problems and streetview is ticked but it never comes up on the nav?

Post #522012 Mon Mar 27 2017 10:45am
RRSman

United Kingdom 

I was loaned an MY17 for around 3 weeks and loved it - the ITCP upgrade was a world apart from the older system. Nav view in the cockpit is fantastic! I had no issues in the time I had the car and it worked as intended. There was a data sim in there too!

What I did get though were random warning messages in the display - something about distance sensors not working and then the adaptive cruise stopped working. i stopped the car and restarted and all was normal - this happened twice but no issues with ITCP!

Post #522032 Mon Mar 27 2017 1:21pm
Autobiography

LR won't care if you switch from Jaguar to Land Rover as you aren't leaving them! Have you looked at other manufacturers

Post #522223 Wed Mar 29 2017 9:45am
crocs

Scotland 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Ipanema Sand

holmesy84 wrote:
I've got an MY17 AB and must be one of the lucky ones as my ICTP seems to be working at the moment.

I plugged in a SIM card last week and all the traffic alerts, live, web browser etc came alive without incident. Just discovered the satellite (google map) style view on the sat nav and that seems to work fine so that's definitely a plus. I also find myself using the Map display on the dash regularly and wouldn't want to be without now.

Having come from an Evoque which had the old system this one is leaps ahead in my opinion.

My only gripes are the cameras not working when going over 10mph and incontrol apps are pretty useless and in my opinion they'd be better off just putting in an Apple Car Play link and be done with it, just focus on making ICTP better.

I just picked mine up yesterday and so far no problems at all. Admittedly, I don't have a SIM and am still undecided about getting one. Not sure I would use the additional benefits. What kind of SIm have people gone for?

Robert

Post #522225 Wed Mar 29 2017 10:05am
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I have used this one

https://www.mymemory.co.uk/SIM-Cards/3/3-P...-12GB-Data

Three restrict it to 5 hotspot connections. 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Last edited by jimbg on Wed Mar 29 2017 11:31am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #522226 Wed Mar 29 2017 10:12am
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Most of the 'problems' I've experienced relate to features that come with the SIM, such as extra sat. nav. features that don't appear to exist and/or don't work. So far, no-one else seems to have success with these.

The only outstanding issues that are non-SIM related are (1) The trip meter, where I can't add the previous journey by pressing and holding the stalk in (as I could on my previous car, and as the instructions claim you can do with this one). This prevents me totalling up an entire journey if I stop en route and (2) It jumbles up downloaded CD tracks and fails to name them. (I thought this was due to having pre-Gracenote CDs, but other owners seem to have similar problems).

As for the SIM itself, I'm experimenting with a free one I got which only gives me 250 MB/month. Surprisingly, this has been plenty so far, including giving me Google maps of routes. However, I don't use it as a hot-spot, which undoubtedly would use significantly more. If you intend to set up a hot-spot, you may need to purchase a Data SIM, as the phone companies can detect this use and, in some cases, don't allow it with standard phone SIMs. Incidentally, you can set a maximum usage like you can in a phone to avoid going over your allowance.

Post #522227 Wed Mar 29 2017 10:21am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>