RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > Christmas afternoon challenge
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Jimmy,
All off-road routes in Scotland require permission of the landowner to drive on except 2! These are the Corrie Yarrick Pass (in my photos) which connects the A9 near to Dalwhinnie via Laggan then over General Wade's Road over the Monadlaith Hills to Fort Augustus, the other is in the Borders near Jedburgh and I haven't driven it.
Both of the public rights of way in Scotland (open to vehicular access without permission) are also historical monuments unfortunately so Historic Scotland doesn't take kindly to lots of 4x4's using them and you can be prosecuted by them if you make any damage or are found to be driving off the laid track..................... this is an unlimited fine and you can be made to pay the cost of making repairs! The Corrie Yarrick isn't difficult but you must be prepared to get some damage to your car as it is in poor condition and is suffering from overuse. It was built in the 1700's and is designed to get Redcoats on foot from one part of Scotland to the other quickly, it wasn't designed for 2.5t 4x4's.
Most of my offroad driving is done on Forestry Commission land as the local Forest managers in these parts are keen to have groups of 4x4 owners come into the woods and play, BUT they impose strict conditions and require a written undertaking to keep to a planned route and risk assessments. There is an organised offroading weekend coming up in the Argyll Forest around Lochgilphead at the end of January, most of the special stages would be a bit severe to take your nice shiney RRS over alothough some of the trails would be OK. The routes used are geared more to those with Defenders, Classic Rangies, old Disocs older Shoguns and Suzuki Vitaras and anything that you wouldn't mind bashing and scratching rather than shiney Range Rovers, Freelander, ML', X5's and D3's
Re Gordon Ramsey - he has long been known to be a FFRR owner so he may have got himself a Supercharged FFRR to replace his last one. He featured in the Sunday Times Driving section with the last one earlier this year. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #72445 Wed Dec 27 2006 9:01pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jimmy

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Rimini Red
christmas afternoon challenge

thanks Tim, very helpful reply although my rrs is not so new and shiny now, june 2005, I still would not like it damaged too much.Will be in Cannes France with it in J an/Feb, those french female drivers and parkers are as a good a assault course as anywhere So I may venture to Scotland after that . thanks,and a Happy New Year.

Post #72447 Wed Dec 27 2006 9:31pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Mine was delivered in June 05 too, about a week after launch day but it was built in March 05. I have offroaded my but nothing damaging as I have the Def90 for doing silly off-road things in! Take a look at some of my replies to Envoy elsewhere on the forums for a suggestion for next spring, after Easter.
Maybe there is some interest from others for some greenlaning and off-roading in the Lake District when there is less likelihood of snow and bad weather? 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #72448 Wed Dec 27 2006 10:26pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

tf9 wrote:
Scoobies always remind me of a kid's rattle Laughing

If you mean the build quality, then after a few K's yes Laughing Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #72455 Thu Dec 28 2006 12:14am
tf9

Russia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

and build quality too Laughing
close friend of mine used to have impreza wrx some time ago Laughing 2014 Mercedes-Benz S500
2014 Range Rover Autobiography, Causeway Gray, Ivory/Ebony
2013 BMW 530d
2008 Range Rover Supercharged Vogue S\E, Java Black, Ebony. SOLD
2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Java Black, Ebony. Arden body-kit. SOLD
2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 Buckingam blue, Ivory. - SOLD.

Post #72530 Thu Dec 28 2006 11:03pm
Zilch

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

tf9 wrote:
close friend of mine used to have impreza wrx some time ago Laughing

the WRX is for the younger generation, the STI is for the oldies who like a bit more power and can afford the insurance Cool Another Pommie Bar Steward down under

MY20 Defender 110 SE P400 Eiger/Ebony
MY10 3.0 RRS TDv6 Fuji/Ebony/Anigre

Post #72537 Fri Dec 29 2006 12:54am
Singletrack

Belgium 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Interesting challenge. I think I'd go for the Chrysler 300C Touring 5.7L HEMI V8. With AWD and 340bhp it's 12,000 EUR cheaper than my TDV6. That leaves me enough money to tweak the suspension and upgrade the wheels and tyres. It's won't go offroad...but it certainly will go! 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony/Cherry, Privacy, Sunroof, PTI, Premium Sound, SatNav, Cold Climate, Tow kit, CarStyle coded grill and vents, Tasmods, Stormers, JE Exhaust, Autobiography badge

Post #72541 Fri Dec 29 2006 8:13am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12