RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Front parking sonsors
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

donny dog

United Kingdom 

Lyonhead, that's BRILLIANT, I can't thank you enough for going to all this trouble, but I have now managed to set it to 'on'! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

I doubt that I'd have ever found it without your guidance as I have been making two basic errors! (1) I have been relying on searching the on-line version of the handbook which never managed to find this, and (2) I haven't had the car in forward gear, which is the only way to bring this screen up. Embarassed I also didn't know what 'PDC' was.

Not only have you solved my problem, you have ended three days of frustration as not being able to find something that you believe is there has been driving me mad.

THANKS AGAIN!! Smile

Post #521257 Sat Mar 18 2017 10:17am
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Jimbo095 wrote:
Donny, are you sorted now?

I Have the MY17 and switched mine to automatic on day one, you must have it...

Our post overlapped, yes, thanks (see my reply to Lyonhead.

"Switched mine to automatic on day one"........no need to rub it in! Embarassed Laughing

Post #521258 Sat Mar 18 2017 10:24am
Lyonhead

Wales 

My pleasure Donny, every little helps Laughing Laughing Thumbs Up

Post #521265 Sat Mar 18 2017 10:45am
Jimbo095

United Kingdom 

donny dog wrote:
Jimbo095 wrote:
Donny, are you sorted now?

I Have the MY17 and switched mine to automatic on day one, you must have it...

Our post overlapped, yes, thanks (see my reply to Lyonhead.

"Switched mine to automatic on day one"........no need to rub it in! Embarassed Laughing

Lol, sorry didn't mean to come across as patronising, I was just reaffirming the feature was there and that I'm in total agreement of having it switched on is a must, hence the 'day one' quote! Glad all sorted now, good ol forums!! Thumbs Up

Post #521268 Sat Mar 18 2017 11:01am
donny dog

United Kingdom 

That's alright, anyway I'm only 17 days behind you in switching it on! Laughing

As you say, good old forums - where would we be without them (relying on dealers Big Cry )?

Post #521269 Sat Mar 18 2017 11:04am
Jimbo095

United Kingdom 

Totally agree mate, the amount of times I've advised Dealers of something they're completely unaware of is laughable!! Be good to share any tips etc for the MY17 ICTP, I've certainly had numerous glitches and found some useful things too...

Post #521271 Sat Mar 18 2017 11:08am
donny dog

United Kingdom 

The dealers say that, because they don't have SIM cards, they can't access many of the features so therefore don't know anything about them! You'd have thought they could run to the cost of a SIM card so they could (a) demonstrate features to customers and (b) learn about the features themselves. Confused

As regards ICTP issues/glitches, I've so far failed to find, or benefit from, 'Learning Navigation', 'Sharing ETA', 'Seamless Journey Arrival/Parking(spaces)/360 deg. view (of area on arrival)', 'Simplified Daily Routine' (fuel warning if insufficient to complete planned journey/fuel prices,etc.).

Post #521275 Sat Mar 18 2017 11:31am
Jimbo095

United Kingdom 

Indeed, the lack of accurate training is quite astounding really. I actually informed them of the configurable dash (cockpit) as they thought it was still like the previous version and not able to display maps! The items you mention I've also used none of them! I do like the configurable home screen and voice control has been pretty accurate for phone calls the few times I've used it. As per the other thread I've experienced several glitches...

Camera not available contact dealer has happened twice, then worked when reverse next selected
Vehicle not in park happened for first time yesterday, it was in park!
Incontrol apps connecting when it feels like it, 50% of the time I'd say.
USB not even charging or picking up the phone when connected.
No radio or music playing when unit seemingly switched on

There is more but can't think off the top of my head, hoping for a software update! If we want to relay all of the anomalies to LR, does anyone where to send such feedback? Not the Dealer!

Post #521278 Sat Mar 18 2017 11:56am
JOCK55

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red

You guys should think yourselves lucky! You should see the problems that owners of the F-Pace that adopted the same ICTP system as you guys have installed but 6 months earlier. Have a look at the F-Pace forum for faults and fixes to the ICTP, there are loads of them!!! In fact the Fauls and Fixes section has had double the number of posts compared to any other topic on the forum!!

Donny, you may find the answer to some of the questions you are asking. I agree that the "training" for the use of this new and highly complex system, which is far from intuitive, needs a great deal of improvement. As do many things with JLR.

http://www.fpaceforums.co.uk

Old Jock 2018 (MY19) Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 300PS Petrol in Caesium Blue with many bells and whistles.
2015 RRS HSE SDV6 Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Glass Roof, gone but not forgotten.

Post #521281 Sat Mar 18 2017 12:21pm
Lyonhead

Wales 

Jimbo95, what about the nonsense you had with the mudflaps fitment as well, something about the parking sensors being fouled?!?! Banging Head Thud Thud I think it's a lottery what dealership you get and the expertise. No doubt London way and Cheshire areas they are really switched on as demand and expectations are high. I'm not saying this is acceptable but reading comments on this forum and the massive difference between areas of the UK is simply baffling. Whistle Whistle Big Cry Big Cry

Post #521282 Sat Mar 18 2017 12:24pm
Jimbo095

United Kingdom 

Oh yes, forgot about the mudflaps debacle!! It was an issue caused by my sidesteps, apparently I can't have them fitted. I recall it was someone else mentioning the camera interference. I have had a PM from someone who has fixed side steps and mudflaps, there is some 'drilling' required apparently so I'll postpone that one for now!

Cheers Jock, those poor sods must've suffered!! Will have a mooch around the F Pace forums to see if anything I can pick up from there, it would be great if it worked as it should, had better apps/car play and worked wirelessly with an iPhone for Apps!!

Post #521284 Sat Mar 18 2017 12:29pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

JOCK55 wrote:

Donny, you may find the answer to some of the questions you are asking. I agree that the "training" for the use of this new and highly complex system, which is far from intuitive, needs a great deal of improvement. As do many things with JLR.

http://www.fpaceforums.co.uk

Old Jock

Thanks for the link! Smile

You have hit the nail on the head with saying "far from intuitive", that's one of the main problems. Ostensibly more complex equipment like smart phones and computers manage to be more intuitive, it's all down to thoughtful design.

Post #521289 Sat Mar 18 2017 1:13pm
Bill Portland

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Orkney Grey

Jimbo095 wrote:

There is more but can't think off the top of my head, hoping for a software update! If we want to relay all of the anomalies to LR, does anyone where to send such feedback? Not the Dealer!

A public discussion on LR's Facebook page worked for me

Post #521343 Sun Mar 19 2017 10:33am
X31RDS

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Firenze Red

I cannot get mine to come on permanently at all.
I have to press the button everytime I move forward towards an object for the sensor to come on, and even then sometimes the graphic display doesn't come on?
Pressing and holding does nothing - in fact it has just said park assist unavailable contact dealer and now only the camera at the rear is working?

Post #573354 Fri Jan 18 2019 12:10pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123