Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > Major diesel leak
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Jaggs

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Major diesel leak

Thought I'd share my experience last night in case anyone else has same issue,
Driving to work about 40mph, all of a sudden " limited gears and gearbox fault " followed by engine into limp mode and suspension lowered, fuel gauge dropping from 1/4 of a tank to 0 in about 100 yards.
Pulled over and diesel everywhere coming from underneath engine behind front offside wheel, RAC attended and found one of fuel pipes had come off the fuel cooler / heat exchanger ? And was pumping diesel straight out. They have refitted it at the roadside having scrabbled about under the car on a trolley jack, added 10 litres of fuel to my tank and all is good but I do have concerns why it came off and is it going to do it again. I had been debating 10 minutes earlier whether to fill up last night or today, glad I hadn't just filled up.

In the last 2000 miles I've had a new engine, all front ace pipes replaced after one burst, front discs and pads, going in next week for rear discs, pads and shoes. These cars don't half test your paitence and I do wonder if I'd be better with a newer one on finance rather than the regular bills that keep coming for repairs or maybe just another brand. Nanocom Evo

Post #520454 Thu Mar 09 2017 2:46pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I'm betting that the pipe was removed when the engine or the ACE pipes were replaced and then not properly secured. Had the same with a coolant hose. Likelihood is that once correctly fitted it'll be fine.

Who did the previous work? They'll deny all knowledge, of course, but might be worth mentioning to them. Might make them more careful in future. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #520475 Thu Mar 09 2017 6:54pm
Jaggs

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Thought had crossed my mind, one of things will never know for sure, cars in for rear brakes next week will ask the Indy to check everything, always had great service from them and no issues with their work. Nanocom Evo

Post #520518 Fri Mar 10 2017 8:38am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1