RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > New car collected today
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

donny dog

United Kingdom 
New car collected today

SDV8 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior.

With Heads Up Display, infra-red windscreen, deployable side steps, soft door close (doesn't work on driver's door!), full size spare wheel, adaptive xenon headlights, surround camera, parallel park/perpendicular park/park exit, extended zebrano trim, extra large water bottle, twin-blade sunvisor.....

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Love the interior, but Waitomo was a BIG mistake, looks like shiny but non-metallic flat grey, wish I'd stuck to Corris.

Last edited by donny dog on Wed Mar 01 2017 5:10pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #519463 Wed Mar 01 2017 4:46pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Donny the [/img] is wrong, as you have take the photos from what appears to be an online host you don't need the square brackets img and /img bits and they will appear as links. The easiest way to upload them is if you have them on the device you browse the forum with then below the box where you type you posts there is a button"choose photos" and a little drop down menu will appear so you can select where the pictures are stored, go to the file and check the photos you want to upload. Click on "done" when you have selected the photos and the window will close click "Upload" and they will be uploaded to your gallery in this forum AND they will appear in the bit between the text box where you type your posts and the "choose Photos" button. Once the uploading has finished and all the pictures are seen below the text box then click the cursor in the text box and then click on whichever photos you would like to insert and the correct link will appear in your text. You can post a picture, type more texts and then post another picture. If a photo should come out rotated incorrectly then by going to your gallery you can turn them there with the editing function of the forum software. Hope that helps 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #519466 Wed Mar 01 2017 4:59pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

Re: New car collected today

donny dog wrote:
SDV8 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior.

With Heads Up Display, infra-red windscreen, deployable side steps, soft door close (doesn't work on driver's door!), full size spare wheel, adaptive xenon headlights, surround camera, parallel park/perpendicular park/park exit, extended zebrano trim, extra large water bottle, twin-blade sunvisor.....

http://s21.photobucket.com/user/No1Dog/med...r.jpg.html

http://rs21.pbsrc.com/albums/b276/No1Dog/R...p;fit=crop

[url]http://rs21.pbsrc.com/albums/b276/No1Dog/RRS%20interior_zpsxxrnwffh.jpg?w=280&h=210&fit=crop/[url]

Love the interior, but Waitomo was a BIG mistake, looks like shiny but non-metallic flat grey, wish I'd stuck to Corris.

Edit: How do you post photos, I've obviously done it wrong?
 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Wed Mar 01 2017 5:14pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #519467 Wed Mar 01 2017 5:04pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Thanks, Tim! (As always!!) I've managed it after a couple of further goes.

Post #519469 Wed Mar 01 2017 5:12pm
Tim in Scotland

I'm onboard my ship at the moment and we have restricted bandwidth for internet browsing. When I converted your post to URL's and got the links I could not view the pictures at this end because the hosts are blocked in our system. Now that you have found how to post the pictures I can see the photos as it is the forum that is browsing to them not my device ! Marvels of modern technology.
The car looks beautiful, I love light interiors but have only ever owned one car with the full Ivory interior and that was my last FFRR........... do not allow anybody to eat chocolate while sat in the seats, my father sat in my FFRR and munched a Flake and a lot of it seemed to get into the perforations in the seat cushion. Took months to clean it all out of the tiny holes! I think you will find in the sunshine the colour will really come alive. My last Evoque was Zanzibar and it was the same, looked like a sort of dull flat toffee colour in the winter, on a sunny day it became a lovely rich copper colour with metallic flake in it

2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #519470 Wed Mar 01 2017 5:19pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the words of encouragement on the colour, Tim. As for chocolate, people will be lucky if they get to sit in it never mind eat chocolate! Laughing

Just managed to successfully start the car with the smart phone, but it couldn't stop it ('unexpected network delays'!), so I had to go outside and stop it myself. What I really would like it to do is start the FBH remotely, but for that I think I'll need Bodsy.

Like others on here, neither I nor the dealer could get the SIM to register, I haven't solved that one yet.

The V8 engine is superb, but on the first journey guzzled a fair bit of fuel (I was getting 15 mpg average!).

Post #519472 Wed Mar 01 2017 5:37pm
insiorc

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

donny dog wrote:
Just managed to successfully start the car with the smart phone, but it couldn't stop it ('unexpected network delays'!), so I had to go outside and stop it myself. What I really would like it to do is start the FBH remotely, but for that I think I'll need Bodsy.

Nice car, and I like the colour. I wish there were deployable side steps for the RRS1 as I need them but think they ruin the look.
But why is there a facility to start the car by phone, when it is illegal (in the UK) to have an unattended vehicle running? Does the heater not take care of that?

Dennis 13MY Range Rover Sport Autobiography SDV6 - mine
14MY Range Rover Evoque Dynamic SD4 Black Pack - wife's
99MY Defender 90 TD5, Soft Top Conversion - my toy, and bairns favourite

Post #519477 Wed Mar 01 2017 6:04pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

From what I gather, the remote start is to allow you to get the car warm (maximum engine running time of 30 minutes), but whether that's legal I don't know. There isn't a remote way of starting the fuel burning heater as far as I can see, but the point is moot, as the phone app. only communicated an instruction to the car once and has been unable to do so ever since. For example, it tells me it's not locked, but won't actually lock it (the icon just goes round and round saying 'locking' but nothing actually happens).

I agree about fixed side steps spoiling the look (at least on this model) which is why I got the deployable ones which, so far, are very impressive. If you open and close the car a lot, though, it keeps them busy, and must be a battery drain. In the screen, the 'button' for the side steps is faded out so I haven't been able to deploy them or stop them manually.

On the subject of deployable side steps, did I read on here that they were intended to be painted body colour? Mine are just self-colour black. Does anyone know?

Post #519478 Wed Mar 01 2017 6:31pm
crocs

Scotland 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Ipanema Sand

Great looking car.

Deployable sid steps are black. Should the FBH not have a remote function? Otherwise, what would be the point?

Robert

Post #519483 Wed Mar 01 2017 7:09pm
insiorc

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

I'm guessing a facility like remote start is likely to leave many people unaware they're breaking the law (not that many will likely care in this instance). I guess a private drive may be ok, but I'd rather not be running a cold engine at idle unnecesarily as that's the worst time for engine damage anyway, DPF issues etc. - I'd be wanting to use the fuel heater.

But just incase (random google search results):

https://www.confused.com/on-the-road/drivi...olice-fine
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-50...-home.html
http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/police-w...story.html
https://www.carkeys.co.uk/news/10-motoring...e-breaking 13MY Range Rover Sport Autobiography SDV6 - mine
14MY Range Rover Evoque Dynamic SD4 Black Pack - wife's
99MY Defender 90 TD5, Soft Top Conversion - my toy, and bairns favourite

Post #519486 Wed Mar 01 2017 7:19pm
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

crocs wrote:
Great looking car.

Deployable sid steps are black. Should the FBH not have a remote function? Otherwise, what would be the point?

Robert

I am sure it does, but you have to spec the heater ( £1035 ) in the first place? 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #519487 Wed Mar 01 2017 7:23pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

Tdv8/sdv8 still has the fbh. Thumbs Up Bodsys Brake Bible
Software Updates Contact me
RRS Timed Heat/Remote kits - Contact me
BAS Engine Re-maps/ EGR Blank EuIII and EuIV
Clock On The Dash/ SNOTM /3Flash / BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes read\ Gearbox Reset
See it HERE

Post #519488 Wed Mar 01 2017 7:28pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Congratulations donny. It looks superb and i do love waitomo Grey, premium colour and imo far better than Corris. SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #519491 Wed Mar 01 2017 7:35pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Bodsy wrote:
Tdv8/sdv8 still has the fbh. Thumbs Up

Bodsy, I've sent you a pm requesting your assistance with this.

Post #519496 Wed Mar 01 2017 7:58pm
nigethecat

Scotland 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black
Re: New car collected today

donny dog wrote:

If you REALLY don't like the colour then I'll help you out and let you trade up to my 08 plate HSE in Java... Rolling with laughter

Looks stunning btw... Bow down D3 LHD - great car !
RRS 2008 HSE in Java Black
Previous Cars Edited highlights
Alfa 4C
Audi S5
Disco 4
Alfa 939 Spider (250bhp)
Freelander 2 Dynamic
Lotus Elise S1

Post #519499 Wed Mar 01 2017 8:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>