RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > New car collected today
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

donny dog

United Kingdom 

When I started to read this reply, I thought you really had got a solution - a respray, maybe, but much as I like the sound of your car, I'll reluctantly have to decline the offer, I'm afraid Wink .

Post #519503 Wed Mar 01 2017 9:11pm
Canary

England 

Bodsy wrote:
Tdv8/sdv8 still has the fbh. Thumbs Up

Are you saying that the fbh is standard on sdv8, I'm assuming if it is its because the car is autobiography, is that only on diesel v8 as it's not on my scv8? MY18 SCV8 Satin flux silver
Gone:
MY19 SV VELAR AUTOBIOGRAPHY firenze red
MY18 SCV8 Yulong white- perfect 👍
MY16 SDV8 SANTORINI BLACK - perfect 👌
MY64 SCV8 DARK BLUE - nightmare car
MY64 SCV8 FIRENZE RED - loads of annoying issues
MY15 SDV6 FIRENZE RED - perfect 👌
MY12 SDV6 DISCO4 IPANEMA SAND - perfect 👌
MY09 TDV6 SPORT BLUE - lots of issues

Post #519506 Wed Mar 01 2017 9:15pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

I've got the AB SDV8, and TOPIx says I have got a FBH. However, there is nothing about Timed Climate in Extra Features in the menu (where it's supposed to be) so I'm not sure. If I knew where to look for an actual heater, I would!

Post #519508 Wed Mar 01 2017 9:17pm
Scrumpy

United Kingdom 

Congratulations!! Looks beautiful and I'm very jealous.
If you're not sure of the colour, you can always get it wrapped until you're sure!
I have a friend who does it for all the footballers, you might have seen his rose gold SVR which is now satin chrome blue, but it also looks really good in satin chrome grey.

Enjoy! 2016 RRS SVR Estoril Blue
2005 4.2L Supercharged Java Black - gone but was my first love.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we all point our RR's in the same direction and accelerate at the same time can we turn back time?

Post #519548 Thu Mar 02 2017 12:17am
DrFox1969

Australia 

donny dog wrote:

The V8 engine is superb, but on the first journey guzzled a fair bit of fuel (I was getting 15 mpg average!).

If your car is anything like my 11 month old SDV8, I was originally getting 23.5 mpg (12.0 l/100km's) but now I am getting 28.25 mpg (10.0 l/100km's). My daily commute is 26 km's round trip in city traffic with some weekend trips but very little motorway driving.

You cant judge the first journey as you were probably too busy testing the torque and listening for the nice V8 burble!!! Rolling with laughter 2016 Range Rover Sport SDV8 HSE Dynamic (Indus Silver/Santorini Black Pano Roof, Ebony/Cirrus leather, custom grey Style 508 alloys)

Post #519552 Thu Mar 02 2017 4:35am
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Scrumpy wrote:
Congratulations!! Looks beautiful and I'm very jealous.
If you're not sure of the colour, you can always get it wrapped until you're sure!
I have a friend who does it for all the footballers, you might have seen his rose gold SVR which is now satin chrome blue, but it also looks really good in satin chrome grey.

Enjoy!

If it looked like the picture, even I would like it. Unfortunately, it doesn't, it's completely non-metallic and looks like it's been painted with Grey Dulux. What is 'Premium' about it, I don't know. The car is otherwise great, but the colour has really spoiled the car for me

Post #519566 Thu Mar 02 2017 9:41am
viper

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

love the colour Donny would be my next choice unless I went SVR . 2016 bmw x5 40d m-sport space grey
2015 bmw 335i m-sport touring mineral grey/coral interior looking to change again .
Gone HSE SDV6 Dynamic indus silver, santorini contrast roof,panoramic roof,red brakes,privacy,climate front seats,tow bar great car enjoyed it ����
Gone my10 3.0 tdv6 Bali blue/ivory 5 years 24k no problems great car will be missed

Post #519802 Sat Mar 04 2017 9:53am
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Thanks, that cheered me up a bit! Smile If you do decide to have that colour, make sure you see it in the flesh first, though, as it doesn't really look like it does in the photo.

Post #519805 Sat Mar 04 2017 10:37am
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Congrats Donny - I did warn you about the colour being quite matte but shiny! It's not completely matte but there is not much evidence of metallicness to it.

If not happy why not order another one and put this one up for sale privately? You'll be surprised but these sell fairly quick on the used market and I don't anticipate you would lose much if anything!

I quite like it - pretty different to the other Greys out there! Thumbs Up

Post #520047 Mon Mar 06 2017 11:27am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

IIRC the SDv8 has the FBH because it's an old engine design that needs some help to get through the Euro4 or 5 cold start emissions test of a frosty morning just like the early L320 RRS's and D3's had. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #520054 Mon Mar 06 2017 12:10pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Trouble is, I still haven't found a way to use it. It certainly didn't come on automatically when it was 2C here and I started the car, there is no 'Timed Climate' in the menu, still less any way of operating it remotely. Where is Bodsy when you need him? Laughing

Post #520055 Mon Mar 06 2017 12:17pm
naks

South Africa 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Siberian Silver

donny, how are you liking the SDV8 after 2 weeks with it? --
2010 Defender Puma 90 + BAS remap + Alive IC + Slickshift + Ashcroft ATB rear
2015 Range Rover Sport Supercharged V8 HSE Dynamic

Defender Puma Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zZ1en9
Discovery 4 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zXrtKO
Range Rover/Sport L320/L322/L494 Workshop Manual: https://bit.ly/2zc58JQ

Post #521001 Wed Mar 15 2017 2:59pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

If you're referring specifically to the engine, it's fantastic! It sounds nice, it thrusts you back in the seat if you gun it at almost any revs., and is proving quite economical (I got 38 mpg on a long run home from 'down south' albeit with Intelligent Speed Limiter enabled so I stuck to the limits all the way, mostly 70 mph motorway).

As for the car itself, I won't repeat my dislike of Waitomo at any length, but I love the ivory/espresso interior. The so-called technology is proving frustrating, however. It hasn't got any of my CDs on the Gracenote data base, and just bungs them all into one giant mixed up file, so you can't find a title you want and the tracks are totally randomised. The USB has proved equally frustrating, but at least I've found a workaround so can listen to music that way. The mobile data being only 3G is also disappointing, In-Control seems to be a lot of hype over very little, and I can't get half the stuff that's supposed to be available on Connect Pro.

But, back to the engine......awesome!

(PS. On topic, Bodsy is setting up my Timed/remote climate using the FBH tomorrow. Smile )

Post #521005 Wed Mar 15 2017 3:54pm
Bill Portland

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Orkney Grey

"(I got 38 mpg on a long run home from 'down south'....)

I'm presuming that's an indicated mpg rather than an actual? Otherwise, how do i get mine converted to a V8! Smile

Post #521012 Wed Mar 15 2017 5:34pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Yes, that's what the trip meter average mpg for the journey indicated. Even if it's 10% out (as I think I've read on here) it's still not bad.

Post #521015 Wed Mar 15 2017 6:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>