RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Wheels & Tyres > Squeeky Brakes!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

danieljames76

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Fuji White
Squeeky Brakes!!!

Help!!! I purchased a Jan 2013 Autobiography in September and at the same time purchased some 22 inch Hawke Halcyon wheels which I put straight on. Pretty much straight away the brakes were squeeking. The sound often occurs when starting up and also when shuffling around whilst parking, i.e. lots of short sharp braking and wheel turning.

I took it into my local LR dealer, they were aware of a problem and replaced the discs and pads, however the problem remained.

I took it back in a week later, they had it 3 days, still no solution, they said they'd made some adjustments and I'll notice an improvement, however as they are non LR wheels I can always expect some "noise", I thought what a load of rubbish! I ignored the noise until January then took it to another dealer for its 3 year service in January, so raised the issue with them, they did the same replacing the discs and pads, and you guessed it the problem still remains!!!

I'm really not sure which way to turn? I've spoken to Hawke who've advised they've heard of nothing similar and the noise isn't anything to do with the wheels, its the brakes!

I found a topic on the forum from September 2016 which appears to be exactly the issue I have, however it comes to an abrupt end and none of the vehicle owners posting seemed to get any sort of conclusion.

I've spoken to the central LR customer service team who've advised to book it in again.

Any help or guidance would be most welcome!

Post #518650 Wed Feb 22 2017 10:01pm
DrFox1969

Australia 

I had a similar issue on my MY16. Brakes would squeak at low speed, including parking manoeuvres etc.

Dealer replaced pads under warranty and not had a problem in last 6 months. 2016 Range Rover Sport SDV8 HSE Dynamic (Indus Silver/Santorini Black Pano Roof, Ebony/Cirrus leather, custom grey Style 508 alloys)

Post #519110 Mon Feb 27 2017 2:13am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1