Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > L494 Facelift
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

donny dog

United Kingdom 

Renaco wrote:
donny dog wrote:
Photos of this car were posted on this site late last year when I was in the process of ordering my new car. I checked with the dealer at the time as I didn't want to order if a new model was due, and he said that this was the SVR, and that the 'facelift' on other models comprised the same changes that we are all aware of (gloss black letters on AB, new infotainment system, etc.).

I am sure it was not this car. It was just the same front bumper design, but the rest of the Body was untouched. Car sellers around the world never that deep in the design updates than myself... Rolling with laughter

We see here a lot of the new design elements for 2018/19 for the L494 except SVR. The new Version of Honeycomb is arrived at RRE and D5, so loggically it arrives for the Facelift of the L494 also.

LR wonīt drive a new enging combination with so many new body parts on the streets, unless the facelift date is getting closer.

If this would be a new SVR, the new rear-bumper needed to be a bit wider and lower, also the front bumper isnīt straight/low enough for a new SVR and it misses the lowered SVR shape in the side sills. See the curve underneath from front to rear, it is not like an SVR, it is the regular bodyline of the L494.

Please mind the Changes to the latest MY17/17.5 from outside:

1. New Antenna design (like D5)
2. New LED Front Lights
2. New Taillights
3. New Front Bumper and Grille
4. New Rear Bumper and Exhaust deco Frames like the Evoque Dynamic
5. New Tailgate/Roof Spoiler with airstream openings (like D5)
6. New Stereo Cams (like D5)

I am sure we will see here the new RRS Dynamic to 95%.

I am ready to place my order until my sales guy gives the go for the "big" Facelift. But I think they first release the Velar for bg. 2018 and than they react with the RR and RRS update to follow for late 2018, beginning 2019.

Thumbs Up

Thanks for a very comprehensive, convincing, and helpful reply. From what you say, the new model isn't imminent so I may have almost 2 years with the 'latest' version. I don't have your expert eye for design detail, but I can't spot the differences myself so it doesn't look as though the changes, when they come, will be sufficiently different to render the existing design out of date.

Post #518368 Mon Feb 20 2017 3:47pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Renaco wrote:
donny dog wrote:
Yes, that's why I'm hoping they just used an SVR body so that mine won't look instantly dated!

for me thats not a risk, as the L494 looks very modern at all, it wonīt be that dated after a Facelift as the previous Generations. And I am sure we canīt see a Facelift on the road before early 2019.

Two years more to be the latest available, with our design... Thumbs Up

Hope you're right about 2 years! (although I agree that the changes aren't visually that great anyway).

Post #518369 Mon Feb 20 2017 3:49pm
BKHK

Australia 

Anything that moves the exhausts outboard and gets rid of the "nappy" will go a long way to making the back end look a lot better. Even the F Pace has a slight nappy problem.

Post #518424 Mon Feb 20 2017 10:56pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

What do stereo cameras do?

Post #518428 Mon Feb 20 2017 11:33pm
matsoutback

Australia 

I would say the stereo cameras improve distance calculations (accuracy) for the driver assist systems. I noticed Subaru now use this system for theirs. 2017 MY17 SDV6 SE

Post #518431 Mon Feb 20 2017 11:42pm
forest172

United Kingdom 

these changes are 100% for the MY18. The sat nav`s also changing again, plus quite a few interior changes

Post #518482 Tue Feb 21 2017 2:46pm
jaggers

United Kingdom 

Hi Forest172, what is the basis of your certainty...? Why are they already changing the sat nav after only recently rolling out ICTP Pro in the MY17 RRS...

Post #518499 Tue Feb 21 2017 5:44pm
kmpowell

forest172 wrote:
these changes are 100% for the MY18. The sat nav`s also changing again, plus quite a few interior changes

Do you work for JLR on the RRS? SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #518501 Tue Feb 21 2017 5:51pm
JAYMY17

United Kingdom 

Shocked Big Cry

Post #518532 Tue Feb 21 2017 11:24pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

Why the upset? Our cars (or orders) are no worse than they were yesterday. And yesterday mine at least was as fabulous as it will be tomorrow. 

Post #518536 Tue Feb 21 2017 11:39pm
JAYMY17

United Kingdom 

For the same reason as mentioned by donny dog i.e. looking dated quickly. TBH the only change that gets my attention is the headlights which can sometimes make a big difference. Don't want an original evoque vs facelifted evoque experience.

Post #518537 Wed Feb 22 2017 12:05am
matsoutback

Australia 

It is inevitable that LR will update the styling (major - lights/bumpers etc) at least once more before a the new model (ie, I would expect 8-10 or so years from this L494 platform).

I held out last year on my order for the updated MY17 model amidst rumors of external changes (as well as the infotainment system). I am glad I waited for the updated screen and driver assist systems.

If "you" keep holding off, without concrete evidence a major change is coming, you are doing yourself a disservice IMHO..

Personally I love the current look of the car, and that forms a big reason for buying a RR Sport. I actually find, sometimes, the updated facelift models loose the simple / classic design language of the original design for that model. Evidence of that is the L322 which (in my opinion) became fussy and messed up towards the end of it's lifespan. 2017 MY17 SDV6 SE

Post #518543 Wed Feb 22 2017 12:33am
JAYMY17

United Kingdom 

Not holding out...taking delivery in early March! Changes are inevitable but I like enjoying it for a few years before the change. Not a big issue for me though, just a mini moan! I would not want to wait for a major facelift, have it for a few years and then a completely all new platform is released. When I am next due a change of car it will hopefully be in the timing window for the all new platform.

Post #518544 Wed Feb 22 2017 12:47am
forest172

United Kingdom 

I know somebody who has seen it in the flesh. The door cards are different too. Buttons around the climate have been changed for a touch panel and same on the steering wheel

Post #518554 Wed Feb 22 2017 9:16am
DaveW

United Kingdom 

philmw wrote:
Why the upset? Our cars (or orders) are no worse than they were yesterday. And yesterday mine at least was as fabulous as it will be tomorrow.

Two years on and still happy Very Happy . It seems not that long ago you were over here with us in the works car.

Post #518561 Wed Feb 22 2017 10:41am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>