RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > Suspension fault yellow warning
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>

Gibson

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Suspension fault yellow warning

Hi just bought my rrs yesterday it's showing suspension fault after 200miles of driving and now it has a strange noise that I can only describe as similar to having a flat tyre like a whirring noise can anyone shed any light on this please I'm gutted

Post #518161 Sat Feb 18 2017 9:56pm
Jaggs

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Is the noise coming from under near side rear door, if so that's the compressor making the noise . Nanocom Evo

Post #518163 Sat Feb 18 2017 10:06pm
docian

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

Very annoying indeed!
Private sale or trader?
Is the noise coming from the nearside rear? Does the suspension fault light stay on, on restarting engine? If not will it raise to off road height after restart?
If it was a trade sale take it back for assessment, if not find a local Indy to check it then get back to the private seller. Owning a RRS you get to know your local Indy very well!!

Post #518164 Sat Feb 18 2017 10:09pm
Gibson

I think so mate it sounds similar to when you have the window cracked open slightly and its like an Echo whirring type sound is a compressor a big job to put right hopefully it will be covered under warranty as it has a three month warranty on

Post #518165 Sat Feb 18 2017 10:10pm
Gibson

It was from a garage buddy but it was from 150 miles from me no light didn't come back on and suspension goes up and down on control is there anything I can do to narrow it down

Post #518166 Sat Feb 18 2017 10:11pm
docian

Has the noise from the compressor continued after the restart? (Compressor is located in front of rear nearside wheel, never jack under it like I did once!). Compressor issues can be a common fault, may just be the dessicant but costly if you have to replace them at your own cost. The compressor when working normally is silent (well at least you wont hear it sat inside when engine running) You could ask someone to sit in and raise and lower suspension if its noisy (should just make a comfortable hiss not loud) its compressor related and unlikely to get better on its own accord and will trigger the dreaded lights more frequently.

Post #518167 Sat Feb 18 2017 10:27pm
Gibson

Cheers for the replies lads I will go out and have a look tomorrow when it's light either way car is covered under warranty or if not the garage has sold a car to me that isn't fit for purpose so he will be footing the bill I didn't restart the car I just limped it home as it was dark but will look into what you guys have told me tomorrow if it is a compressor will it be safe to drive until it's repaired or will it cause more problems?

Post #518168 Sat Feb 18 2017 10:38pm
docian

Even if the compressor fails completely it should lock in normal height, if it needs changing its not a big job (just and expensive part circaŁ700 for OEM) Couple of hours with an upgrade to the ECU. Glad you bought it from a trader with warranty cos it definately should be covered on that. Hopefully its a third party warranty and you can get it done locally but even if the worst comes to the worst if it completely fails and locks in normal you should be ok to drive but rememeber when driving that you can no longer corner like a sports car so absolutely cautious defensive driving if youre going 150 miles!
Hope you dont have any more troubles after this one, I love mine but RRS's tend to push that love to the limits at times. As time goes on don't skimp on regular servicing and interval oil and filter changes (which are easy to do yourself)

Post #518171 Sat Feb 18 2017 10:54pm
Gibson

Thanks docian hopefully fingers crossed this will be the end as I have fell in love with the car I've always wanted a rrs

Post #518173 Sat Feb 18 2017 11:43pm
Gibson

Update suspension now saying fault max speed 30mph and back end feels like it's bouncing all over

Post #518204 Sun Feb 19 2017 10:34am
docian

Sounds more urgent than a compressor in that case if theres movement at the back end at low speed needs looking at urgent, ring the garage you bought it from, could be anything from airbag gone (does the car look level) to a problem on the rear diff. The ECU error code will narrow it down. Is the warning light red or orange, if orange does it turn red on driving?

Post #518207 Sun Feb 19 2017 11:03am
Suthy

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

I had this problem and found a small split caused by rubbing in the air hose supplying the front right suspension, does any of the corners drop slightly over night??

Post #518215 Sun Feb 19 2017 12:54pm
Gibson

I haven't noticed any drop but I've only had it two days also moved the suspension up and down and the compressor doesn't seem to make any noise I hope it's just something simple like a hose but the rumbling sounds like a wheel bearing and when the red light came on I noticed the wheels were sitting right in the arches

Post #518216 Sun Feb 19 2017 1:26pm
Gibson

Click image to enlarge

Hmm I've just been out to see if I could read any error codes on my odb2 reader it found 8 faults but couldn't read codes and something hdc error flashed up on dash I've also noticed the front wheels are a lot lower than the front here's two pictures I took it show this is this normal?
Click image to enlarge

Also this is what's on dash and screen

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #518220 Sun Feb 19 2017 1:44pm
docian

If your parked on the flat that aint normal. HDC fault may point to battery, can you check the voltage, the "brain" and nervous system of the RRS are all very voltage sensitive, has the time at the dealers killed the battery? When you raise it does it level out on the dashboard info but not physically? (Ride height sensor fault)

Post #518222 Sun Feb 19 2017 2:03pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>