RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Electrical problems after body off
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

MattChaloner

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black
Electrical problems after body off

Has anyone had a similar experience to the following…

L320 TDV8, body came off to replace both turbos. We’ve put it back together, however the fuel gauge doesn’t work and it has a number of messages on the dash:

Parking brake fault
Suspension fault
Adaptive headlight fault
HDC Inactive
ABS Fault
Traction Control Fault
Check brake pads
Low coolant level

When the car was apart I removed and replaced the plug on top of the in tank fuel pump to inspect the wires as they looked to have been rubbing on the underside of the body, but hadn’t worn through so didn’t do any more with it. The pump sounds as though it’s running when the car is on which makes me think it’s not the wiring that’s the issue. The handbrake can be engaged and disengaged using an IIDTOOL, and I can also adjust all 4 corners of the suspension with the IID which makes me think it’s not a plug that’s been missed. The car cycles through PRND and drives, again leading me to think it’s not related to a plug on the gearbox or elsewhere on the car. ABS sensors don’t seem to be detecting movement on like data on the rear but work on the front. We’ve been round multiple times to check all plugs for tightness, especially the two big plugs on the n/s/r chassis and don’t seem to have missed anything. One Earth strap was perished so that’s been sorted but the faults remain…

Fault codes on the IIDTool consist of U0122: Lost communication with vehicle dynamics control module, and Vehicle Speed Sensor A. The speedo works, and the 4x4i screen knows the steering wheel angle position and level of all 4 wheels, which is making this quite tricky to diagnose.

Any input/thoughts/resolutions greatly appreciated!

Post #630883 Thu Feb 16 2023 10:36pm
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

There will be a plug left loose someplace. Double and triple check them all Thumbs Up

Post #630889 Fri Feb 17 2023 7:24am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1