RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > Headlight Condensation - Help Please!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Sgthomer99

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Headlight Condensation - Help Please!

Hi all of a sudden over the last few days my nearside front headlight in my 2005 RRS V6 has become covered in Condensation on the inside. It started as an inch or two at the bottom and has now spread all over the light. I've searched the forum but have not found any real answers with some saying it's just atmospheric and nothing can be done. Apart from the prospect of having to buy a new light assembly, is there anythino I can do to get rid of it?

Post #517276 Thu Feb 09 2017 10:36pm
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Not sure if you can remove the whole unit on the 2005 V6 (like you can on my VCool but if you could leave it on a radiator in your house overnight to dry out then see if the problem reoccurs when you refit it, you'd at least know if it was a one off problem or something more serious

Not much help I know but just a thought... Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #517279 Thu Feb 09 2017 11:45pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

The units have a number of breather pipes on the rear so it should clear with time anyway. On the odd occasion mine have had some condensation, just driving with the lights on for a while usually clears it. The heat dries them out via the breather pipes. Last time mine did it was after I changed the bulbs on a damp day. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #517280 Thu Feb 09 2017 11:48pm
Danv8

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Lux Alaska White
Re: Headlight Condensation - Help Please!

Sgthomer99 wrote:
Hi all of a sudden over the last few days my nearside front headlight in my 2005 RRS V6 has become covered in Condensation on the inside. It started as an inch or two at the bottom and has now spread all over the light. I've searched the forum but have not found any real answers with some saying it's just atmospheric and nothing can be done. Apart from the prospect of having to buy a new light assembly, is there anythino I can do to get rid of it?

same thing happened t me, on my drivers side, the units take about 2 mins to remove, take in side, remove the bulbs and leave to dry somewhere warm, can also spray some glass cleaner inside to stop water marks forming on the inside of the lens, I've got some new sealant bonding strip, (a bit like bitumen strip) so when the weather warms up, I'm going to remove the lens and old sealant and replace it.

Post #517284 Fri Feb 10 2017 9:04am
insiorc

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

Ok, here I am confirming how rough I can be....

I had an imported GMC Safari which one headlight started condensing. I ignored it for a couple of years - big mistake. The plastic 'chrome' coating started going green then peeling, so then being a lot duller in operation.

The fix was simple, just find a hidden spot on the bottom of the clear lense and drill a 2mm hole (should be safe enough on the bottom providing you don't wade that deep). On mine the condensation cleared overnight and I never had anymore issue's for the remaining 5 years I had the van.

I did say I could be rough... 13MY Range Rover Sport Autobiography SDV6 - mine
14MY Range Rover Evoque Dynamic SD4 Black Pack - wife's
99MY Defender 90 TD5, Soft Top Conversion - my toy, and bairns favourite

Post #517301 Fri Feb 10 2017 12:45pm
Sgthomer99

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Thanks for all your advice guys, seen some videos on You Tube using hairdryers to dry them out!

Post #517364 Fri Feb 10 2017 8:10pm
Smarttech

United Kingdom 

Both of mine have condensation in them going up about 2 inches from the bottom which I assume it caused by the dealer pressure washing the engine bay before coating in bull*hit shine.
Only picked up on Saturday morning and it is starting to clear so I wouldn't worry about it to much.
I've just been making sure I drive with the lights on to warm them up and dry them out.

Post #517579 Mon Feb 13 2017 8:46am
warkman

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver

Its down to the headlights (and LED Tail lights) being more efficient and not burning so hot, condensation tends not to vapourise. (Cold exterior, slightly warmer interior effect)

There was an issue on the original LED strips that the condensation would effect the strip and the whole lED would fail from corrosion. Sorted with a modification of the strip by the Supplier

Post #521423 Mon Mar 20 2017 2:12pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1