RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic - Other Cars > Range Rover Velar
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Range Rover Velar

Big Evoque or small RRS, based on the F Pace with no low range gearboxes, engines will be fore and aft not transverse and will be announced at Geneva Motorshow according to this week's Autocar. Huge mistake by LR that it will not be available at launch with PHEV or purely electric power only with the current hybrid. SD6v will be available as will a £90000 SVR version with a more powerful engine than the current SVR at 554hp. It will also only be available with Evoque/F Pace running gear and the SVR version could weigh as little as 1800kgs! It will be slightly larger than a Macan/ X6/ Merc GLE, a faster in most states of tune and better off-road then any of them................ we'll see! If the way that the F Pace that Hammond drove on GT last week is anything to go by then the V6 S/C or the SDv6 (until it is replaced next year with a straight 6 Ingenium diesel) will be The one to go for I would imagine 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Thu Feb 02 2017 11:56am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #516528 Thu Feb 02 2017 10:45am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SRE

Spain 

You had me going for a second Tim, I thought you had got your hands on a RR Classic pre production vehicle. Thumbs Up In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #516530 Thu Feb 02 2017 11:21am
Tim in Scotland

When I saw the name I thought exactly the same SRE! I bet the RR Classic die hards will be choking on their breakfast when they see that name being used on something so modern............
I bet if Chris Harris gets his hands one it will still never be as good as any Porsche (only because he is sponsored by Porsche!) 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #516532 Thu Feb 02 2017 11:54am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DrRob

United Kingdom 

As a Classic driver I can see why they've done this. Marketing and branding....
A "real" Velar is now worth a Censored load of dosh! Probably the same price as this modern Velar will be Whistle Visitor from fullfatrr.com
* GONE. 2012 RR Sport HSE SDV6 Orkney Grey. Now being piloted by RRSTDV8
* Current: 2011 4.4 TDV8 Full Fat. Amazing piece of kit.
* Current. 1974 Lightweight 2.25L petrol. Old skool
* GONE. Freelander GS TD4 Manual MY2013. Orkney Grey with privacy, cold and clearview packs, armrests (a must!) and a spoiler.
* GONE. Range Rover Classic '93 200Tdi Factory fit
* 1949 80" in family since 1975

Post #516541 Thu Feb 02 2017 1:15pm
SRE

Spain 

The Velar was circa 48 years ago, I guess its only the likes of Muddy that can remember these vehicles. In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Frightened away from the Sports due to crank failures
Gone - A couple of RRS, A couple of Disco's. However thinking of another Sport.

Post #516553 Thu Feb 02 2017 2:50pm
Tim in Scotland

The original 3 Door Range Rover was what made me dream of owning one, although they were launched in the UK in 1974 IIRC factory exports didn't start until quite a lot later. In 1976, as a deck cadet I was privileged to drive one of the first "Classic" RR's imported into Dubai from the hold of the ship I was sailing in all the way to the vehicle compound at Port Rashid (the original port of Dubai before Jebel Ali was built) and vowed to myself that one day I would own a Range Rover............... In those days even those first Gulf Spec Rangies didn't have the option of Aircon and the 6 cars we carried all had roof top mounted AC units rather like those you see on cabs of refrigerated vans today, fitted by a 3rd party company! That was the undoing of 4 of the 6 cars we carried out to Dubai as they became rare "open tops" when the shipper didn't declare the greater height over the standard UK spec car and our hydraulic deck system fouled the AC units ripping the roofs of those 4 cars................. It took me 27 years of saving and I owned a Disco1 V8, Disco2 TD5 and a Freelander1 TD4 Auto before I almost reached my goal but LR kept hiking the prices just as I was within striking distance of being able to afford one without borrowing money. In 2003 I went to the dealership with the Freelander and after paying out all my savings and borrowing a bit too I drove out of the showroom in Stirling in an L322 TD6 SE in Monte Carlo Blue with Navy leather, parchment piping and headliner, a very happy and proud owner. My neighbours at the time thought I was mad to buy a Range Rover as "they keep breaking down". Apart from my last Evoque I have not owned a Land Rover product that has broken down. Apart from my Defender that was bought as a "sump guard" for my Freelander I have only owned Range Rovers since then, no other LR marque or maker. There have been that FFRR, 2 previous Sports (1st was one of the first on this forum), a 2010MY L322 TDv8, two Evoques and now the current RRS since 2003.
That Blue TD6 SE was quickly taken off-roading much to the horror of the marshalls on a Forest Drive I did in it, it was shown in a photo in a 2003 or 2004 edition of Land Rover Monthly or LR World as "possibly the 1st new generation Range Rover in private hands to be taken off-road!" It did everything asked of it and had the old school Landy owners agog that someone would take a 3 week old Range Rover off-road............... jeez it's what they designed to do! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #516555 Thu Feb 02 2017 3:36pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1