Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > RRS Swimming pool
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Socast

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black
RRS Swimming pool

Hey Everyone,

Noticed the other day that sometimes under heavy breaking I could hear running water. Checked the carpets and drivers side front and rear are dropping wet.
After removing the kick strip, I must have siphoned off a good 2 or 3 litres of water from the little recess that the cabling sits in.

Now I'm pretty sure that I've found the leak (not 100% as I couldn't find an ingress point), it's not the obvious as I don't have a sun roof and there are no roof bars fitted, all door seals are like new.
I found that the trim on the drivers side 'A' pillar has two clips missing. For now I've removed the trim and covered all the holes with electricians tape.

There will be a drain for the scuttle under the windscreen, but can I check it without removing it ?

Anyone have any idea's where else the water may be coming in ?

It's developed an annoying wind whistle, sounds to be drivers side top corner of the bonnet near the windscreen, obviously it depends on wind speed but it's usually above 40mph, I can't seem pin point it though. I had hoped it was the 'A' pillar trim but with it completely removed I'm still getting the noise.

Post #516955 Tue Feb 07 2017 9:29am
Socast

Trim and clips have been replaced, not really had any rain since so I'm still unsure if I've resolved the issue or not.

FYI it cost me £16 for 6 clips from the stealers, you can buy 100 for £20 on fleabay. I just didnt want to wait..

Carpets are nearly dry. If the waether improves I'll get out and turn a hose on it and see if I can find a leak.

Haven't really been out for a drive to see if I've resolved the whistling yet either.

Post #517294 Fri Feb 10 2017 11:29am
Gornal Hills

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

Hi, had this with mine and it was the dreaded A pillar clips and hole. I used duct tape to cover the bottom slot and also removed the foam block, Have you removed it ? Thumbs Up 2007, HSE, Cairnes Blue, Factory tints, Love it !!!

Post #517300 Fri Feb 10 2017 12:28pm
Socast

The bottom trim clip (that you plug in after fitting the trim) is pretty Loose, I'll maybe see if I can pick up a new one. I've not removed the foam on the bottom, I presumed it was a baffle to stop whistling etc.

Post #517312 Fri Feb 10 2017 2:26pm
Gornal Hills

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

Hi, it probably is a wind baffle thinking about it but iv'e not noticed any noise. It turns into a solid block with dust and whatever hence the water back filling up the a pillar in to the slotted hole during longer periods of rain Thumbs Up 2007, HSE, Cairnes Blue, Factory tints, Love it !!!

Post #517351 Fri Feb 10 2017 6:53pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1