RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > another big issue, time to sell ?????
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Bulldog

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black
another big issue, time to sell ?????

Hi All,
I have a 2007 TDV8 RRS. full service history now done 140,000 miles. I have had all of the normal problems with the car :

handbrake failure,
alternator & battery failure
Sat nav unit failure
front diff
rear diff
EGR valves
wheel bearings front
rear upper arm bushes
4 door latch failures
header tank
boost hoses splitting
anti roll bar links
anti roll bar bushes front and rear.
track control arms etc, etc. just to mention a few.

The big issues have been a turbo failure in December 2015 ( 2 days before xmas ) which also caused engine to fail resulting in two turbos and a full engine rebuild. The turbos were quoted as having a 24month warranty Rolling with laughter

Yet another turbo failure on 26-1-17 Censored has really made me feel like its time to move on and get something else. disappointingly the turbo company have said some debris has passed through the turbo resulting in its failure. I don't believe this at all, personally I think they have damaged turbo wheel face to avoid replacing under warranty.

I suppose I am after some similar stories of members who have thought enough is enough or who have decided to keep with the Range rovers ????

Any recommendations for a good warranty company if I do keep it or get another one.

All the best

Post #516454 Wed Feb 01 2017 4:50pm
crocs

Scotland 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Ipanema Sand

I'm no use to you because I seem to be like that cartoon character. You know the one, who marches unscathed through life while mayhem surrounds him. Was it Mr Magoo?

I had a new P38 in 2000 and, despite its apparently horrendous electrical problems, I never had any issues whatsoever. Traded it in for a new RR in 2005 and missed any of the infamous gearbox troubles. No issues.

2011 saw a RR Sport and only problem has been new front bushes last year. So, now waiting on my new RR Sport to arrive. What are my chances for trouble free motoring?

Robert

Post #516466 Wed Feb 01 2017 8:16pm
CornishRob

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Sumatra Black

I feel your pain Big Cry

When I bought mine, my straw poll seemed to indicate way more problems with the TDV8.

Not that, that helps... Embarassed

Post #516526 Thu Feb 02 2017 10:14am
Ady 555
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

I'm afraid i would have got shut of it long before now. I don't do unreliable motors. Thankfully i have been very lucky with all the vehicles i've ever had. Granted, i don't do mega miles in them. The problem you have it, that i don't know any warranty companies that will sell you a warranty with that sort of mileage on the vehicle. It's got to the point where your repair bill is out waying the value of the vehicle. RRSTDV8 member has had most of your issues if not all of them, and i'm sure will be along shortly to add his experience.
Personally i would cut your losses and replace the sport. Thumbs Up

Post #516534 Thu Feb 02 2017 12:04pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bladeboy

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Siberian Silver

I sold mine a few months ago due to the concern- not the experience- of problems like yours. You'll struggle to get a meaningful warranty with more than a 100k

Post #516582 Thu Feb 02 2017 8:52pm
Bulldog

Thanks for the replies.

I do appreciate that I do a lot of miles 20k ish per year. I can handle the smaller issues and wear and tear, but the turbo and engine failures have really Censored me off.

I am fairly sure its time to let it go, but unsure what to get next.

A new sport 2010MY onwards or go for another make Audi, BMW etc etc ??

Post #516630 Fri Feb 03 2017 1:45pm
crocs

How about the best 50th Anniversary Defender currently for sale? V8 Power with an Auto Box from the factory. I just happen to know where it's available. Whistle

Robert

Post #516647 Fri Feb 03 2017 5:19pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

20,000 miles a year and 10mpg in a V8 Defender don't bear thinking about............. as it is accumulating value and not depreciating might be a good investment car but not if you rack up that kind of annual mileage. I think also you would be extremely worried that it would be where you parked it when you got back as they are very easily stolen 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #516648 Fri Feb 03 2017 5:32pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
crocs

Tim, I don't know what you mean I get at least 15mpg on a good day! Rolling Eyes

Post #516649 Fri Feb 03 2017 5:42pm
Bulldog

Update

So I got car back on Monday evening following the fitting of 2 remanufactured turbos. When I started the car Monday eve the FBH was pouring smoke out of its exhaust, its a good job it was dark and raining as I think someone would have called 999 !!

I drove the car to work on Tuesday am and I have to say it felt very nice, with very smooth power delivery. Very Happy

Unfortunately, on the way home, I had a message "ENGINE SYSTEMS FAULT" Rolling with laughter after checking the fault codes which were ( P010C, P0101, P0102 & P010D ) they all seem to be related to air flow.

I also had a transmission fault code which was "loss of signal from transfer box" which could have been from when the harness was disconnected during body removal. I have asked the garage if they cleared all DTC fault codes when new turbos and body were fitted and I have not had a definitive answer.

I am hoping the codes were form when turbo failed and not a sign that more issues are to follow. Big Cry

100% time to sell, but what do I get ?

Post #517106 Wed Feb 08 2017 12:58pm
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

crocs wrote:
Tim, I don't know what you mean I get at least 15mpg on a good day! Rolling Eyes

When I was back in the main dealer, I had to deliver a 50th V8 Defender from Perth to just North of Aberdeen

Left Perth with just under half a tank of fuel. Fuel light came on at Dundee. £30 in it, and the light was back on by the time I dropped it off Laughing

Post #517108 Wed Feb 08 2017 1:56pm
crocs

But, go on, admit it. You had a huge smile all day! Laughing

Robert

Post #517137 Wed Feb 08 2017 6:38pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1