RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Q634 - Gateway Module Stay Awake - Battery Drain
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

fkarim

United Kingdom 
Q634 - Gateway Module Stay Awake - Battery Drain

The above appeared on Topix for my VIN (MY16 AB). Does anyone have details or know about this?

My car stays on a maintenance charger due to not being used much during weekdays so the battery never gave me any trouble. However, this could explain why I felt the need to be so diligent with my charging regime in the first place ... to ensure stop/start and remote climate always work.

It's unfortunate for me that they didn't release this fix 8-10 days ago when my car was at the dealer having driver seat base leather sorted (again). Hope it isn't serious and can wait as I neither have time nor energy to re-book the car and endure all the related hassles yet again Sad Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #510780 Fri Nov 25 2016 9:54pm
udash

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

I also got Q634 listed for mine as well as Q611 - Diesel exhaust fluid quality warning.

As you I also have not encountered any low battery issues so far.

Post #510867 Sun Nov 27 2016 5:45pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

So I arrived at the dealer for my "while you wait" appointment to have Q634 update carried out. Got there bright and early which meant it took me double time due to rush hour traffic. They took the car in and after a bit of wait the service advisor comes out dressed as an Elf: "Sir over the last few days we have discovered this update can potentially kill the car and it could take a few hours to get it back to life. We can't do it as a waiting appointment. You will need to re-book". I had too much on my mind and was thinking more about salvaging the day so decided not to pick a fight on this occasion.

Obviously expecting to be informed in advance would be unreasonable Rolling Eyes I had re-organised work commitments etc. for this appointment and in the end they didn't do the job and a day was wasted Censored Censored Censored

I really don't know whether this update is in fact risky or they were busy and decided to bump me off for "more important" work. I did struggled to get this appointment with them even though it is a one hour job. I wanted it done this week (or last week) before going away to avoid coming back to a flat battery. I was hoping to park at the airport but looks like I will have to leave it home so that it stays on my CTEK. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone

Post #512429 Fri Dec 16 2016 7:25pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Sounds like typical LR dealership trash to me. "Great cars, crap service" just about sums LR ownership. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #512435 Fri Dec 16 2016 8:10pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Agreed. I really like and appreciate everything (bar the cosmetic/build quality issues) about the car. I don't like playing the forum card every single time I need to visit a dealer so mostly book directly without mentioning the forum. True indicator of service level is attitude towards ordinary customers, not just the ones with connections or those coming in with references. Service department of one dealer took my details with a promise to call back but never bothered. The other did the above. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #512453 Fri Dec 16 2016 11:35pm
JOCK55

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red

I agree with RRSTDV8, sounds like dealer speak to me. I haven't seen anyone mention any problems with the software upgrade on here (which almost certainly would have happened!!) and from personal experience can only say that the upgrade has made a noticeable difference to my car. When I picked the car up I was told by the Maintenance Coordinator that LR allow one hour for the job, but they usually get it completed in much less time, so they LOVE this type of work. Money for nothing and kicks for free!!!!!!

Season's Greetings,

Old Jock 2018 (MY19) Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 300PS Petrol in Caesium Blue with many bells and whistles.
2015 RRS HSE SDV6 Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Glass Roof, gone but not forgotten.

Post #512459 Sat Dec 17 2016 1:40am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

No issues here after the upgrade with Q634, in fact the car is even better as it seems to have a much better pull away with not a hint of hesitation. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #512468 Sat Dec 17 2016 10:35am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Someone posted here a few months ago about dealer telling them there were issues with slow clock software update and recommended they should wait. Neither me nor anyone else reported any problems after having the clock fixed. May be that's the new line for fobbing people off when they are busy and can't accommodate. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top

Post #512494 Sat Dec 17 2016 4:34pm
midsman

United Kingdom 

Just had Q634 plus 3 other updates. All completed with 2 hours. No problems at all. 2015 Range Rover Sport Autobiography Dynamic SDV6
2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Luxury- Santori Black with Autobiography Ebony/ Ivory interior- SOLD

Post #513633 Thu Jan 05 2017 2:36pm
Peanut

United Kingdom 

So far today I have been told " We have not been able to connect to the LR server so we cannot download the fix so far today - we will keep trying".
They have done the service & a few other issues.
More later. Current: MY15 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Aruba Gold, HUD, Meridian 1700w
Gone: RRS TDV6 2007 Stornaway
Gone: P38 2.5 DHSE

Post #515094 Thu Jan 19 2017 4:41pm
Peanut

United Kingdom 

Finally done.
Stop Start fully working and certainly seems smoother. Current: MY15 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Aruba Gold, HUD, Meridian 1700w
Gone: RRS TDV6 2007 Stornaway
Gone: P38 2.5 DHSE

Post #515130 Thu Jan 19 2017 10:38pm
Farmer Chalk

Interestingly ..... spoke to my dealer this afternoon and they said that software patch is not applicable to my VIN... Shocked

Post #515217 Fri Jan 20 2017 7:35pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1