RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > MY17 order - Very High Spec HSE v HSE Dynamic v Autobigraphy
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 6 <123456>

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

That is great to read about as I too was considering the full tan rather than Two Tone for my next car and while it wasn't a problem for me with what I had (or for the next two owners of that car who by all accounts really loved the Carrot hide interior) fir it to have been so orange might have put me off. It is a pity that LR don't offer a light tan as well as they used to years ago. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #515097 Thu Jan 19 2017 4:50pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSman

United Kingdom 

I finally have my order in!

Went for an Autobiography in the end. Spec as follows:

Faralon Black
Body Coloured Sliding Pan roof
Ebony/Ivory Seats (two toned combined leather)
Stealth Pack
Privacy Glass
Extended Piano Black Vaneer - Adds the additional door compartments like the FFRR and additional Ambient lighting in doors
Extra Large Washer Bottle
Surround Camera System
Alston Ebony Headlining
Twin Blade Sunvisors

Car will be here sometime in March for the 17 reg and before the VED changes...Happy days Thumbs Up

Big shoutout to James and his troops (Matt and Leo) at Lookers West London who have been fantastic once again Mr. Green

My MY15.5 HSE is up for sale if anyone is looking!
http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic46734.html

Last edited by RRSman on Wed Feb 01 2017 12:55pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #515672 Tue Jan 24 2017 2:19pm
Canary

England 

Nice spec rrsman I'm sure your gonna love the new one, I went from a dynamic my15 to an autobiography and what a difference between the finish of the two in terms of extra leather and just feeling that little bit more pampered.

Nice motor!

Post #515721 Tue Jan 24 2017 8:57pm
peanutbob

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

I'd prefer the tan interior as I have Fox red on my BMW but it seems one cannot specify tan interior and Firenze ref exterior.
This is my current RRS with Firenze and Pimento/Ebony interior.
If tan is not possible, then it looks like I'll be repeating the colour scheme for the 2018 model year when it comes available.

Post #515749 Tue Jan 24 2017 10:31pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

I was talked out of having Tan by my family, best mate, 2 dealerships and one sales manager at a dealership....in the end I didn't like it as much as I liked the lighter black and cream interior with the Faralon black (blueish tint) exterior.

Might do it when and If I plump for an SVR!

Post #515753 Tue Jan 24 2017 10:49pm
kmpowell

Just in your advert that you use Harwoods in Croydon? Have you bought from the same place second time around? SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #516435 Wed Feb 01 2017 12:53pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Nope bought from James and his lads at Park Royal - changed loyalties as they have been good to me Smile

Post #516436 Wed Feb 01 2017 12:54pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

RRSman wrote:
I finally have my order in!

Went for an Autobiography in the end. Spec as follows:

Faralon Black
Body Coloured Sliding Pan roof
Ebony/Ivory Seats (two toned combined leather)
Stealth Pack
Privacy Glass
Extended Piano Black Vaneer - Adds the additional door compartments like the FFRR and additional Ambient lighting in doors
Extra Large Washer Bottle
Surround Camera System
Alston Ebony Headlining
Twin Blade Sunvisors

Car will be here sometime in March for the 17 reg and before the VED changes...Happy days Thumbs Up

Big shoutout to James and his troops (Matt and Leo) at Lookers West London who have been fantastic once again Mr. Green

My MY15.5 HSE is up for sale if anyone is looking!
http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic46734.html

Great spec should look epic. Thumbs Up SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #516444 Wed Feb 01 2017 2:27pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Thanks Very Happy

Post #516446 Wed Feb 01 2017 2:44pm
Caerketton

United Kingdom 

Enjoy

Post #516448 Wed Feb 01 2017 2:52pm
mikef

United Kingdom 

I'm planning on chopping in my existing 2014 HSE shortly and I can't decide between a HSE Dynamic and an AB at the moment myself. I had a test drive in an AB recently. Obviously I could see there were equipment differences between the latest AB and my HSE but I couldn't see any major trim differences at least on the inside. Can anyone tell me what are the interior trim differences between the current HSE Dynamic and AB? I did ask this question of the saleswoman in the dealership and she wasn't able to say anything other than point me to the list of equipment differences in the brochure. Not impressed

Also can anybody comment on the ride comfort differences between the 20", 21" and 22" wheels? My current HSE runs on 20" wheels which give a very acceptable ride but of course don't quite fill the wheel arches like the 21" or 22" wheels. The test drive in the AB was on unfamiliar roads and whilst the ride felt a little firmer than my HSE it wasn't possible to make a direct comparison

Lastly are the lower profile 21" and 22" tyres more susceptible to punctures? We like in rural Bucks and the back roads are strewn with flints which are notorious for shredding tyres. So far in 2.5yrs I haven't experienced a puncture with the 20" tyres on my HSE and I'd like to have the same experience with my new RRS

Post #516643 Fri Feb 03 2017 4:35pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I have 22" wheels that would not have been my choice but I bought the car from Grange Garage 2 days before it was built so had accept the spec they had set. I'm amazed how good the general ride on them is, I was expecting the "pea under the heap of mattresses" experience but it suspension sorts out nearly everything I expected to feel and it is like any other RRS/FFRR. I regularly take mine off-road and while I haven't yet done anything extreme in it (I have a Defender for that) it has coped with everything I have thrown at it on the 22's - OK so I haven't tried mud plugging (it's not really my idea of "off-roading") or any serious rock crawling on them as I think that they wouldn't handle those scenarios very well with such low sidewalls and with a tread that would very quickly turn the tyres into slicks, but normal greenlaning is quite feasible on 22's. I have run L320's on 20", 19" and 18" road or M&S tyres and it is very hard to tell any difference between those and the 22's ridewise. I have still collected a couple of kerb rashes on the 22's but we have most solid granite risers on the kerbs around me and they are quite tall so even 18's got kerb rash if I wasn't extremely careful. I have not yet had any punctures, but then the last time I suffered one (actually two tyres at the same time) was around 2009 and on 20" wheels/tyres in my TDv8 RRS. I do worry a bit off-road that I might get a scored sidewall from flinty stones hiding in ruts, but nothing so far. I am also surprised how little wear the tyres are showing after 14,000 miles - I was expecting to see some wear on the shoulders of the front tyres but so far they all look like they are just out of the showroom. Mine are Continentals and I have not had good experiences with wear or road noise from Conti's previously but I'm very happy with this set. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #516646 Fri Feb 03 2017 5:15pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RRSman

United Kingdom 

mikef wrote:
I'm planning on chopping in my existing 2014 HSE shortly and I can't decide between a HSE Dynamic and an AB at the moment myself. I had a test drive in an AB recently. Obviously I could see there were equipment differences between the latest AB and my HSE but I couldn't see any major trim differences at least on the inside. Can anyone tell me what are the interior trim differences between the current HSE Dynamic and AB? I did ask this question of the saleswoman in the dealership and she wasn't able to say anything other than point me to the list of equipment differences in the brochure. Not impressed

Also can anybody comment on the ride comfort differences between the 20", 21" and 22" wheels? My current HSE runs on 20" wheels which give a very acceptable ride but of course don't quite fill the wheel arches like the 21" or 22" wheels. The test drive in the AB was on unfamiliar roads and whilst the ride felt a little firmer than my HSE it wasn't possible to make a direct comparison

Lastly are the lower profile 21" and 22" tyres more susceptible to punctures? We like in rural Bucks and the back roads are strewn with flints which are notorious for shredding tyres. So far in 2.5yrs I haven't experienced a puncture with the 20" tyres on my HSE and I'd like to have the same experience with my new RRS

We live in Bucks too and frequent B roads like you mention...my car is on 22"s and never had a problem...

The AB has (over and above the HSE):
Leather on the dashboard
Airbag on the steering wheel is in the same colour leather as the dashboard
Different patterned seats with a different leather (I think it's a different leather as it looks softer than the HSE),
Panoramic (fixed or sliding) roof as standard,
lluminated kick plates,
More brushed chrome trim around aircon surrounds and window switches etc,
Three way aircon (allows rear seat passengers to control temperature in the back,
360 Park distance control as standard,
Blind spot monitoring as standard,
22" wheels as standard
Bumper corners different and painted side sills
Climate Cooling and Heated Front Seats
Meridian 825W Sound System as Standard
Alston Suede Headlining Standard
Heated Steering Wheel Standard
Adaptive Cruise Control with Brake Assist Standard
Traffic Sign and Speed Recognition Standard
Gloss Black Lettering and exterior detailing (also available on the HSE Dynamic)

Hope this helps - it's quite a bit of kit over the HSE in general!

Post #516652 Fri Feb 03 2017 6:07pm
kmpowell

So RRSman, you're forgetting the most important thing in all this... what do I get for saving you £000's of pounds? Whistle Very Happy Laughing SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #517636 Mon Feb 13 2017 3:21pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Ive got 22's on my AB & the ride is a lot better with them being 40 profile instead of 35 on the RRS1.Plus mine is on 295's instead of the 275's so the side wall is slightly deeper again.

Andy Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White