RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Scottish Government to implement Low Emission Zone/s
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Scottish Government to implement Low Emission Zone/s

I read today on the BBC News app that the Scottish parliament is to implement a low emissions zone in "one Scottish city" Doesn't say which but it mentions that it will be similar to the London Low Emissions zone. It also mentions that owners of all diesel cars might have to pay a levy to enter the zone, with system similar to those recently implemented in parts of Europe. The Low emissions zone bit shouldn't effect newer diesels but will catch the likes of my 1996 Defender TDi300 with a Cat which last time I checked on the website for London's zone cannot get inside the 25 miles limit, but the bit about all diesels is concerning. The item says that it will mean many older 4x4's, taxis, vans and trucks will be excluded. Doesn't mention anything about the ancient particulate spewing First Bus / Stagecoach buses and coaches and ancient million miler Skoda and LTI diesel powered taxis that are still driving around on city streets.................... they seem to be exempt from most rules. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #515278 Sat Jan 21 2017 1:03pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Don't they retrofit busses though with emission filters ?

Post #515279 Sat Jan 21 2017 1:12pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1