RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Help with parking sensors
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Sulley

United Kingdom 
Help with parking sensors

Hi there can anyone give me a bit of help.

When I had my Discovery the front sensor used to come on automatically below a certain speed.

I thought this may be the same with the new car but can't seem to get this to work.

Is it the case with the RRS or do you have to flip to reverse and then they work.

Cheers

Sulley

Post #513725 Fri Jan 06 2017 7:05pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

From the handbook:

Quote:
The parking aid system can also be set up to automatically activate at low speeds when:

Vehicle speed falls below 10 km/h (6 mph).
    Drive (D) gear is selected.

To enable or disable the automatic parking aid option, on the touch screen select, Extra features, then select Auto Parking Aid. The Auto Parking Aid will display an on or off option. Select the required option. The system will retain the selected option across all ignition cycles.

There is however a known issue with Auto Parking Aid switching off every time the car is turned off. A software fix is available ... search the forum for details. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #513727 Fri Jan 06 2017 7:24pm
Sulley

United Kingdom 

Thanks for that have found the setting and hope it stays on as is handy thing to have.

Thumbs Up

Post #513739 Fri Jan 06 2017 9:51pm
IRBails

Australia 

fkarim wrote:
From the handbook:
Quote:
The parking aid system can also be set up to automatically activate at low speeds when:

Vehicle speed falls below 10 km/h (6 mph).
    Drive (D) gear is selected.

To enable or disable the automatic parking aid option, on the touch screen select, Extra features, then select Auto Parking Aid. The Auto Parking Aid will display an on or off option. Select the required option. The system will retain the selected option across all ignition cycles.

There is however a known issue with Auto Parking Aid switching off every time the car is turned off. A software fix is available ... search the forum for details.

My dealer could not find the software fix, can someone advise what the code is for this fix ? M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #513990 Mon Jan 09 2017 10:17pm
DrFox1969

Australia 

Hi Bails,

The attached picture is from the dealer report after having my software issue resolved last year.

Click image to enlarge

The below is from another forum where this issue was discussed.

Hope this helps. 2016 Range Rover Sport SDV8 HSE Dynamic (Indus Silver/Santorini Black Pano Roof, Ebony/Cirrus leather, custom grey Style 508 alloys)

Post #514013 Tue Jan 10 2017 2:17am
IRBails

Australia 

Thks for this, I returned to the dealer who asked could I give him the name of your dealer so he could enquire. Would this be possible? M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #514015 Tue Jan 10 2017 6:09am
DrFox1969

Australia 

Sending you a PM 2016 Range Rover Sport SDV8 HSE Dynamic (Indus Silver/Santorini Black Pano Roof, Ebony/Cirrus leather, custom grey Style 508 alloys)

Post #514017 Tue Jan 10 2017 8:04am
IRBails

Australia 

Thks for this. The dealer said they checked all the updates and applied but there was no parking sensor update. I don;t think he knew how to investigate further. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #514019 Tue Jan 10 2017 9:56am
DrFox1969

Australia 

Thumbs Up Any time. 2016 Range Rover Sport SDV8 HSE Dynamic (Indus Silver/Santorini Black Pano Roof, Ebony/Cirrus leather, custom grey Style 508 alloys)

Post #514102 Wed Jan 11 2017 1:00am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

It would appear that the LR Dealers in Aussie have a problem with TSB's and updates - we have a member over on BabyRR who's Evoque is listed in Topix as being due a PCM Module update but 2 dealers in Aussie he has contacted know nothing about it and cannot find any info regarding it either yet LR in the UK insist his car has to have the update! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #514111 Wed Jan 11 2017 9:43am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
kmpowell

My front parking sensors are a total mystery. When I first got the car I thought I was doing something wrong or a setting had been deliberately deactivated. I found the setting, reactivated it, but a few weeks later it switched itself back off again.

The rears seem fine but the front have a mind of their own. It's as if activating the front sensors first sometimes deactivates the 'auto' for the entire system.

I'm hoping any software update on the car will fix the issue. SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #514251 Thu Jan 12 2017 4:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1