RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > In the darK!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

donny dog

United Kingdom 
In the darK!

After e-mailing my dealer I discovered that my order became fixed on 21 December, but I've had no confirmation of the order nor even an up to date invoice since I switched to an SDV8 engine and added another(!) £2,000 of extras. When I originally specified the car using the Configurator, I gave this to the dealer but they have no way of inputting the details electronically (they can't input using the Quick Reader code, for example), so had to do everything manually. Another department then converts this manually into an official LR order. How they made my subsequent changes I don't know. Because this leaves scope for mistakes, I would like to have some more positive confirmation. Is there some way I can check the specification on this Topix thing? If so, what information do I need from the dealer to access this? It would also be nice to know the build date - is this available on Topix? (I should add that my dealer almost never replies to e-mails or returns phone calls, and even when they do it's typically two weeks later).

Post #514030 Tue Jan 10 2017 10:49am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Donny, IIRC Topix requires a VIN and that won't be issued until a couple of days before your car is built. Sounds like you might have to call at the dealers in person and hammer things out with them because the treatment you are getting is very poor. Regarding the spec/ engine - last year Land Rover changed their on-line ordering system for the dealerships away from the excel spreadsheet system previously used to a bespoke system that were supposed to end all the ordering mistakes - I remember people even getting incorrect exterior colours or the wrong interior under the old Vista system........... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #514036 Tue Jan 10 2017 12:11pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
donny dog

United Kingdom 

OK, thanks. I can't afford to wait until I get the VIN number, so I'll have to sort it out with the dealer.

I used this dealer for my last car, and didn't have these communications problems, but, there again, I had the confirmation paperwork so didn't really need to communicate, and, in the end, I got the exact car I specified. This time, it's been hopeless, and I have no confidence that things are proceeding correctly.

Post #514039 Tue Jan 10 2017 1:28pm
wilf

it is your money. Persevere until you are happy that what is on the build sheet is what you want. If not, cancel. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #514041 Tue Jan 10 2017 1:51pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

Ask for your build sheet it can be emailed to you.

It would have said last order amendment date with a guide delivery date from the factory.

Anything less is not worth the paper it's printed on.

Post #514044 Tue Jan 10 2017 4:44pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Thanks, GJW1, I will do that.

Post #514052 Tue Jan 10 2017 6:19pm
DrFox1969

Australia 

Suggest you urgently request a copy of the final order/contract sheet from the dealer.

Also, I requested a copy of the vehicle order sheet from the Land Rover system, as below. This way you can check the order.

2016 Range Rover Sport SDV8 HSE Dynamic (Indus Silver/Santorini Black Pano Roof, Ebony/Cirrus leather, custom grey Style 508 alloys)

Post #514195 Thu Jan 12 2017 1:56am
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Did you get that from the dealer or direct from LR?

Post #514200 Thu Jan 12 2017 9:53am
Dave777

United Kingdom 

I hope they have a new system. Mine had the wrong roof and my mate's Evoque had a manual box instead of auto under the old one! The salesman missed an extra page on Vista! MY16 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography in Aleutian silver, stealth pack and toys.

Post #514204 Thu Jan 12 2017 10:49am
donny dog

United Kingdom 

wilf wrote:
it is your money. Persevere until you are happy that what is on the build sheet is what you want. If not, cancel.

At long last, I got a copy of the order and unfortunately it is wrong! Because everything is done manually, they apparently omitted things that were on my original order when adding other things which I'd requested (well before the fix date).I'm now faced with either accepting a car without some of the options I ordered, or cancelling it and re-ordering. If I re-order, I won't now get it for 1 March, which is bad enough, but I doubt I'd even get it before the 1 April car tax rises. I just don't know what to do.

Given that is hasn't already been built, why is it that changes can no longer be made to an order?

Post #514209 Thu Jan 12 2017 12:40pm
Tim in Scotland

A bit of a callous comment here but what is more important to you/ will cost you less - having a car the right spec or have a car that was your first choice and paying a lot less tax? Of course you can twist the dealership's arm and ask them what compensation they are offering for you to take the incorrectly ordered car. This is what the latest online ordering is supposed to get around so it patently isn't working as intended or your dealer isn't using the correct system............ My view is to take the car as it is specced now and demand compensation for their mistake as I hate having to pay more tax than I absolutely have to. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #514214 Thu Jan 12 2017 1:16pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Your thinking the same way as me on this, I'm just waiting to see what they come up with as extra discount and/or revised delivery date. Having said that, if I were forced into an April delivery I would insist on them paying the tax difference as well or there wouldn't be a deal. The problem with the 'system' (and I use that word advisedly!) is that it's currently all being done manually, so it relied on someone ensuring that everything on the original order was transferred to the new order (the new order being necessary because you can't change engines without a new order, apparently). This would all have been spotted by me in time, of course, had I managed to get a copy of the new order before the fix date.

Incidentally, if I cancel, would I be correct in thinking they would still have to take the car?

Post #514221 Thu Jan 12 2017 1:54pm
Tim in Scotland

I'm not sure, but probably. Then again it probably also wouldn't be hard to resell anyway, especially if there is someone with a similar spec on order that isn't going to get their car until after 1st April............ 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #514228 Thu Jan 12 2017 2:53pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

It wouldn't be hard to sell as long as they found someone as daft as me when it comes to loading it up with every imaginable option and accessory! Despite being an Autobiography, I've still managed to spend an extra £9,300!! Shocked

Post #514230 Thu Jan 12 2017 2:58pm
Tim in Scotland

Shocked Shocked wow that will be a big loss come time to sell it on! Have you had the SVO special Gold Plating option on or something to reach that level? 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #514233 Thu Jan 12 2017 3:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>