Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Rockar Landrover Online
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Walto29

United Kingdom 
Rockar Landrover Online

Hi,
I am looking to get into an RRS2 before the VED changes in April so need to order now to ensure a build slot and delivery before then. I came across Rockar Landrover who appear to be Landrover's online sales agent.

Has anyone any experience of dealing with them as they currently have more than £3k discount on a new factory build - way more than my usual dealer will offer.

Keen to know if they are good to deal with and how people got on with their Part Ex once they agreed to buy from them - did they try to beat you down on price once they inspect the car?

Thanks in advance for any replies - great forum here by the way!

Post #513782 Sat Jan 07 2017 4:22pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Are they doing this on any RRS order or would you be picking up someone else's cancelled order that they have already charged them a cancelation fee on................. and therefore it is only on one build slot. Just check that you are not fixed to a certain spec if it is a cancelled order as you may be too close to build date to change it. BYW I have ordered new cars from Lookers West London Land Rover and from Grange Garage Land Rover Barnet several times in the last 5 years on line and IIRC you can send your build spec from the Land Rover Configurator online to any dealer to order it direct from the website, they won't give you a part exchange value online though. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #513818 Sat Jan 07 2017 8:45pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
donny dog

United Kingdom 

This is a new one to me, but I've tried the site since I read this thread, and the cars seem to be a limited choice (only SVR version of RRS for example) and 'pre-configured' options. Despite this, they are not for immediate delivery (different models are from 15 to 18 weeks). The discounts don't seem that great (Guy Salmon in Sheffield will give you 5% by comparison). Trade in prices are higher than what I have so far been offered, however (if you actually get what they offer unseen).

Post #513827 Sat Jan 07 2017 10:40pm
Walto29

United Kingdom 

Hi guys,
Thanks for the responses. The website is a little confusing as you have to go through their 'Find a Car' - so far as I can see you have to enter your budget as a cash buyer at the first screen before it will give you a choice of models. Once you do this, it allows you to select any model in the range and will quote a lead time of 15 weeks if you want to spec a factory build. You have to scroll to the bottom of the list of cars it offers and it will then give you the option to spec your own. The cars earlier in the list presumably they already have in the system.

I have attached a screen grab - currently offering £3125 off the base price.

From what you have said do you think I am better off just e-mailing lots of 'traditional' retailers and waiting for the best offer?

Click image to enlarge

Post #513836 Sun Jan 08 2017 9:20am
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Check on here. There are much better discounts available. SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #513839 Sun Jan 08 2017 9:40am
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Check on here. There are much better discounts available.

https://www.orangewheels.co.uk/enquiries/9...s/new.html SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #513840 Sun Jan 08 2017 9:43am
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Walto29 wrote:
Hi guys,
Thanks for the responses. The website is a little confusing as you have to go through their 'Find a Car' - so far as I can see you have to enter your budget as a cash buyer at the first screen before it will give you a choice of models. Once you do this, it allows you to select any model in the range and will quote a lead time of 15 weeks if you want to spec a factory build. You have to scroll to the bottom of the list of cars it offers and it will then give you the option to spec your own. The cars earlier in the list presumably they already have in the system.

I have attached a screen grab - currently offering £3125 off the base price.

From what you have said do you think I am better off just e-mailing lots of 'traditional' retailers and waiting for the best offer?

Thanks! After your post, I persevered with the site and did manage to specify a car almost identical to the one I've got on order. This came out at £4,300 discount with a nine-week delivery. (I still didn't manage to see the full range, nor could I see any cars for immediate delivery, and I couldn't find HUD but it might be lurking there somewhere!). This is a better discount than I've currently been offered, although I still haven't received a revised invoice since I changed to an SDV8 engine (+ £6,500) so hopefully that will increase the discount. My salesman also promised he would improve the discount come March when they apparently get some more money from LR to offer 'dealer contributions' with.

Nevertheless, Rockar appear to be offering a very good deal and I would have seriously considered them had I known about them before I was comitted to my order, especially if I lived in, or near, London. However, as I have mentioned elsewhere, when I tried to get a test drive in an RRS SDV8 (which I never managed) I went to Guy Salmon in Sheffield and they offered me 5% discount off the full price (including extras and servicing) to switch my order to them. On the subject of service, do Rockar offer the 5-year service for £699? If they don't, you could be 'giving back' a lot of your discount in service costs.

If I were starting again, as you are, I would arm myself with the Rockar deal, and see if I could match or better their discounts at local dealers (net of taking into account the cost benefit of the service package if Rockar don't offer it). Failing getting the deal I wanted, I would feel comfortable ordering from Rockar, which is clearly a legitimate JLR/Rockar joint enterprise. I would not personally feel comfortable dealing with one of the third-party discount companies.

Post #513841 Sun Jan 08 2017 10:15am
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

Don't think there is any special relationship between Rockar and JLR above what any other authorised retailer has. 

Post #513854 Sun Jan 08 2017 2:35pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

That's the point, though - Rockar is legitimate and authorised. I wasn't suggesting that JLR and Rockar were financially linked, just that they had set this up jointly. I wouldn't trust some of the fly-by-night on-line companies with my money, but I would trust Rockar on that basis.

Post #513855 Sun Jan 08 2017 2:42pm
BigBen

United Kingdom 

Not sure Donny Dog if you are inferring anything about Orange Wheels when you say 'fly by night on line companies'. I can only speak very well of Orange Wheels having used their services twice in the past to buy cars and to great effect. I knew the guy that set up this business. He used to be a senior sales guy with a main dealer when I first came across him and he was then a really good sales guy from a customer point of view.

Post #513928 Mon Jan 09 2017 12:39pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Not at all, I know nothing about them. The whole thread related to the opening poster specifically asking about Rockar (which I'd also never heard of) and I was just saying that I would trust them because they had a legitimate relationship with JLR. In general, I am cautious about on-line companies (I don't specifically mean car companies, bad experiences I've had were other products - I've never bought a car on-line)), but a recommendation like you have given Orange Wheels would be the sort of thing that would put my mind at rest.

Post #513930 Mon Jan 09 2017 12:55pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

What Car? magazine runs a service that will connect you to a dealer who is prepared to match What Car's target price or give better discount. Has anybody here ever tried that route. I have used member Kam100 when he was doing car brokerage and got a fantastic deal both on the new car and the part exchange price on my 2005 TDv6 SE was a which whole lot more than I was being offered locally. The local dealership simply couldn't match the deal I was offered by Kam and the dealership ( which was Lookers Park Royal back in 2007). 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #513946 Mon Jan 09 2017 2:38pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Walto29

United Kingdom 

Hi,
Just to update I e-mailed Rockar on Saturday for more information and as of close of business today heard nothing so that does not bode well as to their likely level of service! I realise they don't work weekends but even so.

My usual dealer is now talking some sense and has matched more or less Rockar's price and included the service pack.

My issue now is finding reasonable insurance - I thought now being 29 it would be more reasonable but everyone wants blood money to insure it.

First world problems I suppose!

Post #513974 Mon Jan 09 2017 7:33pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Not working weekends isn't much cop for an on-line service! Glad you got sorted, anyway. It's useful to have such things as Rockar even just for price-match purposes.

Post #513976 Mon Jan 09 2017 7:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1