RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > SVR Discount
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

donny dog

United Kingdom 

Now that I didn't know. I wondered where the name 'Autobiography' came from. Even though I'm buying one, I still think it's an odd (if not unsuitable) name for a deluxe car. What was wrong with 'Prestige' (which virtually says what it is)? On that subject, what is the logic that you can't have an SDV8 RRS unless you also pay the extra for an 'Autobiography', but you can get SDV8 across the FFRR range?

Post #514444 Sat Jan 14 2017 2:49pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Probably because the cost to build an HSE SDv8 would be prohibitive or reduce profit margin too much, it's like why does the HSE Dynamic have more output than the HSE! It has only something like 30kg more weight and the full on 4x4 system it has to push along. They may have chosen Autobiography over other names because other manufacturers had registered the other names. If you remember when Evoque was launched it was available as base model called Pure, plush model called Prestige and the "sporty" model called Dynamic - in fact all three were basically trim upgrades between the versions and Dynamic had different front and rear spoilers that reduced its off-road ability over the other two. The top of the range Evoque was the Dynamic as it had more fancy kit and different seats to the other two versions, both of my Evoques went even further as I had both the Lux and Plus packs on them, Prestiges could have the Lux pack but you could pay extra for the Magneride on it that was standard on the Dynamic! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #514445 Sat Jan 14 2017 3:04pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
scousefly

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Sumatra Black
OOOOOOF

Nearly £5K off not to bad Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Your Brand New Car Price - Enquire Now (It's Free!)

Land Rover RANGE ROVER SPORT 5.0 V8 S/C SVR 5dr Auto Petrol 4x4 £96,870

Space saver spare wheel FREE

Centre cooler storage box FREE

Privacy glass (to rear of B post) £315

Sunvisors FREE

Rear view camera FREE

Model designation deletion FREE

Tyre repair kit FREE

Special metallic - Estoril blue FREE

Lane departure warning system FREE

3 zone climate control FREE

Surround camera system £725

Dual view touch screen £625

Fixed panoramic sunroof with electric sunblind FREE

Adaptive cruise control with queue assist and intelligent emergency brake FREE

Meridian 825w surround sound audio system with 19 speakers FREE

Xenon headlamps With LED signature FREE

Dark engine turned aluminium trim FREE

Colourway - Ebony/Pimento FREE

Blind spot monitoring with closing vehicle sensor FREE

Leather heated steering wheel with carbon fibre bezel FREE

21" 5 Split spoke alloy wheels - Style 517 FREE

Two tone oxford perforated leather - Ebony/Pimento FREE

Contrast Roof - Narvik Black FREE

Non smoker's pack - Range Rover Sport FREE

Total Manufacturer List Price [on the road] £98,535

Our Discount Price [on the road] £93,666

Saving £4,870

Post #514486 Sat Jan 14 2017 9:47pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Is this Rockar?

Post #514492 Sat Jan 14 2017 11:03pm
scousefly

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Sumatra Black
Rockar????

Errrr No if I got you right its ORANGEWHEELS Thumbs Up

Post #514497 Sat Jan 14 2017 11:32pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

OK, thanks. (Rockar is another on-line seller which operates in conjunction with JLR and has been the subject of much discussion in another thread about discounts).

Post #514499 Sat Jan 14 2017 11:53pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

"Model designation deletion FREE "

Can I ask, on an SVR, why? 

Post #514512 Sun Jan 15 2017 9:29am
Tim in Scotland

I see that you have specced the dual view but not the hybrid TV, with dual view you will only be able to watch movies you upload into the system. For small additional cost (compared to what you are proposing to spend anyway) the digital TV function may be worth adding as well. The TV with dual view also means that while the driver cannot see the TV picture they can hear the TV audio until you slow to below 5mph when the picture will return to the driver's view as well.

Also if you spec the 22" wheels you get a slightly different body kit set to keep the width legal, if you spec 21" then you cannot legally upgrade to the 22" wheels (although who would notice the rear body spoilering is slightly different!). If you have the 22" set up then there is no issue downgrading to 21" say for winter wheels/tyres which are a little easier to get (but not a lot!) than 22" winter pattern tyres 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Post #514513 Sun Jan 15 2017 9:34am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SVR575

United Kingdom 

As Tim says i would get the no extra cost 22" then buy some 21" with winters on.
There are discounts out there and thats not bad . have you tried Autoebid.com ? SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #514537 Sun Jan 15 2017 12:34pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
I see that you have specced the dual view but not the hybrid TV, with dual view you will only be able to watch movies you upload into the system. For small additional cost (compared to what you are proposing to spend anyway) the digital TV function may be worth adding as well. The TV with dual view also means that while the driver cannot see the TV picture they can hear the TV audio until you slow to below 5mph when the picture will return to the driver's view as well.

I've got the dual view and TV on mine at the moment, and find the reception to be so poor as to make it unwatchable on the move, at least around here. It always breaks up, sound included, just when you get to a critical part of the programme as well! Suffice it to say I haven't ordered it on my new car. (I entirely agree with your point about having dual view without TV, though - it should be both or neither).

Post #514540 Sun Jan 15 2017 12:42pm
gw82

United Kingdom 

Hi Rich89 do you mind me asking which dealer you ended up with I am about to finalise mine this week best I have got to is £4850 discount on a £101350 Order. 2009 RRS HSE BLACK
2013 RRS HSE DYNAMIC CORRIS GREY
2014 RRS AUTOBIOGRAPHY CORRIS GREY

Post #514596 Sun Jan 15 2017 7:31pm
Rich89

I've just sent pm's to the people who enquired.

Post #514714 Mon Jan 16 2017 7:38pm
DrFox1969

Australia 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Probably because the cost to build an HSE SDv8 would be prohibitive or reduce profit margin too much, it's like why does the HSE Dynamic have more output than the HSE! It has only something like 30kg more weight and the full on 4x4 system it has to push along. They may have chosen Autobiography over other names because other manufacturers had registered the other names. If you remember when Evoque was launched it was available as base model called Pure, plush model called Prestige and the "sporty" model called Dynamic - in fact all three were basically trim upgrades between the versions and Dynamic had different front and rear spoilers that reduced its off-road ability over the other two. The top of the range Evoque was the Dynamic as it had more fancy kit and different seats to the other two versions, both of my Evoques went even further as I had both the Lux and Plus packs on them, Prestiges could have the Lux pack but you could pay extra for the Magneride on it that was standard on the Dynamic!

Here in Oz, we can only get the SDV8 in HSE or HSE Dynamic trim, not in Autobiography spec.

Autobiography Dynamic available with SDV6, Hybrid or V8SC.

We also have an S trim available with 2.0 Diesel and SE available with TDV6 and SDV6.

Local market demands are very different. 2016 Range Rover Sport SDV8 HSE Dynamic (Indus Silver/Santorini Black Pano Roof, Ebony/Cirrus leather, custom grey Style 508 alloys)

Post #514767 Tue Jan 17 2017 1:38am
Tim in Scotland

We used to have an SE version in the UK (a friend of my parents has a Chilli 2013 launch RRS SE) but it was dropped from the range in 2014. Market forces are strange things, when the 3.6 TDv8 RRS was dropped in early 2010 there were howls of protest yet the same engine was still available up to October 2010 in the FFRR and it then became the 4.4V8 but RRS didn't get that it got the 3.0ltr V6 instead and now we have the slow selling in the UK SDv8 4.4! We have the 2.0ltr Ingenium now in the UK but to date I have only heard on one lonely order on this forum and have yet to meet a dealer who has sold one! LR may have to offer it here to help reduce their corporate emissions figures, but it hasn't caught on yet. Disco5 is also offered with the 2.0ltr engine and there is a petrol version coming In the next 18 months for D5, Evoque and Disco Sport. Even the equipment levels for the various HSE/Autobiography are different in different markets within Europe, things we get as standard on an HSE are optional in Denmark, France and Belgium - all to do with local tax regulations. I remember reading somewhere that before taking optional extras into account Evoque has more than 1000 combinations of spec just to satisfy different markets, after taking optional equipment into account the combinations were such that they had to sell millions of them to have 2 exactly the same spec, virtually every car produced has been unique from a trim point of view. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #514775 Tue Jan 17 2017 6:57am
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Quote:
I have only heard on one lonely order on this forum and have yet to meet a dealer who has sold one! LR may have to offer it here to help reduce their corporate emissions figures,

Is that me, or is there someone else in this exclusive fools' club?

How does having this engine in the range help reduce corporate emissions figures?

Post #514793 Tue Jan 17 2017 10:12am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>