RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > My New TDV8 HSE - Black is the New Grey
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>

hartleyhair

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey
My New TDV8 HSE - Black is the New Grey

Well it is for me, as my car is now ready for collection but has arrived in black rather than grey as ordered. My dealer has done everything right and it seems to be a factory error. I'm going to check the chassis number, which I've had for some time, to make sure I haven't been duped but I think it is a genuine mistake.

I've just been offered a free service in 12 months time as compensation. I can pick it up next week. Driving - TDV8 HSE in Stornaway / Ebony / Brunel
Sold - 56 TDV8 HSE in Java Black EBONY/RHODIUM/PRIVACY GLASS
Sold - 05 TDV6 HSE BONATTI/BLACK/RHODIUM 20''STORMERS, PTI AND FACTORY TINT.

Post #68465 Wed Nov 29 2006 8:19pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MDP

United Kingdom 

£300 1st service - also ask for free carpet mats and boot/luggage mat + anything else you can think of !

Still got a nice new TDV8 though Thumbs Up 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #68467 Wed Nov 29 2006 8:22pm
hartleyhair

I think I'd like towing electrics and a black badge makeover too but I can't protest too strongly as I am really looking forward to getting back behind the wheel of an RRS and I've already paid for and insured the car!

This must be one of those bittersweet moments I've heard about! Driving - TDV8 HSE in Stornaway / Ebony / Brunel

Post #68468 Wed Nov 29 2006 8:29pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

I doubt if the fault is on Land Rovers part, Hartleyhair. Too many parts are sequenced straight from the supply base to trackside in body colour to allow a miss build of this scale.

Someone somewhere, possibly your dealer, has pressed the wrong colour button when ordering the vehicle.

Or as suggested in the previous thread, this isn't your original vehicle, someone has offered this as a replacement. Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #68480 Wed Nov 29 2006 11:17pm
Singletrack

Belgium 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

I know this may seem silly, but what does your purchase agreement state in terms of colour? I'd have him throw in rubber mats (including the boot) as compensation if the colour on the order differs from the colour delivered. You should not face further delays because they screwed up. 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony/Cherry, Privacy, Sunroof, PTI, Premium Sound, SatNav, Cold Climate, Tow kit, CarStyle coded grill and vents, Tasmods, Stormers, JE Exhaust, Autobiography badge

Post #68497 Thu Nov 30 2006 7:10am
Roland

Switzerland 
Re: My New TDV8 HSE - Black is the New Grey

hartleyhair wrote:
Well it is for me, as my car is now ready for collection but has arrived in black rather than grey as ordered. My dealer has done everything right and it seems to be a factory error. I'm going to check the chassis number, which I've had for some time, to make sure I haven't been duped but I think it is a genuine mistake.

I've just been offered a free service in 12 months time as compensation. I can pick it up next week.

...first check the engine bay and make sure it's not a TDV6 ???? Laughing SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE BUG AND SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE WINDSHIELD

2010 TDV8 Ultimate Edition, zermatt-ebony-grand lacquer, and all the goodies, plus Superchips Bluefin ECU performance upgrade, Gibson Performance exhaust tips

gone after only 7 months: MY10 TDV63.0 HSE, zermatt-ebony-anigree, Dynamic Response, Rear diff-lock, flappy paddles, premium leather, Sunroof, PTI, privacy glass, S/C design 5 Spoke Diamond Turned alloys

Post #68504 Thu Nov 30 2006 9:25am
hartleyhair

So, it would seem that in broad terms the following has happened.

My dealer in Germany secured me an early delivery vehicle that was originally specified in black. At my request he got the vehicle spec changed to Grey and added privacy glass. His paper work was sent to LR Germany and then the UK but the paperbased change although reflected on all subsequent paperwork was never actually actioned on the 'factory computer'.

So it is 'my' car but in its original colour. Luckily the original colour was black not (insert your own 'bad' colour here - I bottled it!).

Negociations for suitable compensation are ongoing but amicable.

Paul Driving - TDV8 HSE in Stornaway / Ebony / Brunel

Last edited by hartleyhair on Thu Nov 30 2006 6:18pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #68557 Thu Nov 30 2006 2:41pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Is it just the colour that's wrong? All internal trim/options is OK? If so, and you like black, then it could've been a lot worse! Very Happy They should throw a few freebies in though for such a glaring mistake... congrats though, I think you might be the first here to take delivery of their TDV8! 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #68558 Thu Nov 30 2006 2:45pm
hartleyhair

I've yet to get eyes-on but apparently the interior was as I would have ordered. Agreed could have been worse.

I fly back to Birmingham on Tuesday eve and will then get the train to Marshalls on Wednesday to pick it up.

Post #68560 Thu Nov 30 2006 2:53pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

I'd go for it on the old compo....

If not already, get the S/C treatment (Grilles, vents) plus your free service.

You should get mats anyway. When we got ours and were told no discounts what so ever, we got a set of carpet mats foc.

Push for the tow pack too and lay it on thick - if you had wanted black you would have ordered black.

BTW, you could ask for carwash vouchers as I know from personal experience, Java tends to show the dirt a little! Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #68562 Thu Nov 30 2006 3:01pm
hartleyhair

Good points Supertrotter.

Comes with mats, Supercharged Grill and Vents as standard (I hope) but the light towpack is being worked on as I've already bought the swanneck towball on ebay.

As for the cleaning routine, I have already purchased the full Meguiars set in anticipation! Driving - TDV8 HSE in Stornaway / Ebony / Brunel

Post #68578 Thu Nov 30 2006 4:37pm
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

If your dealer agree's to fit the Tow Pack FOC, he should also supply the swan neck tow hook.

If I remember correctly, the system used by the dealership when ordering a customer vehicle is computerised. I don't think anyone at Land Rover actually do anything, all of the specs and colour are loaded by the dealer. The only thing that the button pushers at Land Rover do is sequence it into the build programe. Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #68594 Thu Nov 30 2006 7:22pm
hartleyhair

Agreed. Brian, my dealer, is not a main dealer though but a sales agent. His work is largely paper-based and I believe that it was somewhere back in the UK at the main agents that the data entry oversight happened.

All pretty academic really and he couldn't be any more embarrased, apologetic and helpful now. As many people on this site have illustrated it's how the company's representatives act when things go wrong that makes all the difference.

I had early faults with my first RRS (faulty phone kit, flaky paint, airbag warnings, scratched glass etc) but the dealer fixed all with no quibbles and compensated me for my troubles. Result - a satisfied customer and a higher value purchase 18 months later.

We all know from this forum the dealers to avoid and those that have served us well. I now look forward to reporting on the more positive aspects of RRS ownership such as getting up in the mountains this winter.

Post #68605 Thu Nov 30 2006 9:35pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Paul,

I'm interested to here your first reports on the TDV8 when you get it - keep us posted

Kaine

Post #68606 Thu Nov 30 2006 9:40pm
hartleyhair

Will do Kaine - nice colour car BTW! Driving - TDV8 HSE in Stornaway / Ebony / Brunel

Post #68607 Thu Nov 30 2006 9:57pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>