RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > JLR Trade-In Prices
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Silty

United Kingdom 
JLR Trade-In Prices

Anyone else experiencing shockingly low offers from JLR?

With the imminent arrival of the new car I'm finding that WeBuyAnyCar, usually the last ditch, Censored priced option to get rid of a car are offering me more that my local JLR dealer!

Thoughts?

Jim 2017 SDV6 Autobiography; Carpathian Grey, Ivory, Soft Close, Extended Grand Black.

Post #513305 Sun Jan 01 2017 5:56pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

What are you trading in? It may be that your dealer has more stock of what you have than he can shift - certain colours that have been very popular of late are loosing favour again as there are so many of them around. Could the economic situation in the NE of Scotland also have some bearing on the number that are for sale as people are loosing their oil industry jobs? Try the forum sponsors in the SE of England, they are often on the look out for good condition, sensibly specced, low miles Black or dark coloured RRS and FFRR. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #513306 Sun Jan 01 2017 6:09pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Silty

United Kingdom 

Tim's answer is plausible but I assume WBAC offer below book so God only knows which book Peter Vardy is using these days. I feel WBAC are only one step better than taking it to a breaker for scrap but I'll do it if need be.

It's a 2014 Evoque Prestige Lux Auto (sorry chaps...). Orkney (could be Stornaway) Grey, black roof, 20" wheels, privacy, heated wheel. 12,000 miles with service pack. Absolutely unmarked, not even a kerb mark on the alloys. Pretty mainstream and forecourt ready one would have thought.

Cheers

Jim 2017 SDV6 Autobiography; Carpathian Grey, Ivory, Soft Close, Extended Grand Black.

Last edited by Silty on Sun Jan 01 2017 6:53pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #513307 Sun Jan 01 2017 6:21pm
Tim in Scotland

Odd as Vardy is a nationwide chain so they can haul cars around to where they are selling best. Nothing wrong with Evoques and it will be Orkney I think but in 2014 Orkney was discontinued and no Stornoway's were ever sold into the public domain - they were all used for prelaunch and then there was the huge Japanese Tsunami and the factory making Stornoway couldn't operate after that! Zara Phillips had a one of the few Stornoway Evoques as a LR Ambassador but that would have gone back to the factory when she had finished with it. Used Evoques fare very much in demand BUT there is also a huge number of them available, it is after all the fastest and best selling Land Rover ever and still accounts for more than 30% of all Land Rover sales and sales in 2016 were 30% higher than in 2015! WBAC know what sells in the auctions - they are owned by British Car Auctions after all so they can probably shift every Evqoue that they can get their hands on that dealers don't want because they have too high miles or odd spec or are Coupes. Also are Vardy not now owned by the Arnold Clark Group? No chance of a good deal from any of the AC salesmen they are only out to make big margins and couldn't give a toss about the customer........... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Sun Jan 01 2017 6:39pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #513309 Sun Jan 01 2017 6:32pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Silty

United Kingdom 

'Tis indeed Orkney Grey, it blends in well with the granite up here.

2017 SDV6 Autobiography; Carpathian Grey, Ivory, Soft Close, Extended Grand Black.

Post #513310 Sun Jan 01 2017 6:39pm
Tim in Scotland

If you are a member of BabyRR.com then you could try an advert on there but ask Martin Lewis first if you are a member here but not a member there before you post an ad. (I'm the forum moderator on BabyRR) 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it

Post #513311 Sun Jan 01 2017 6:43pm
Silty

United Kingdom 

Thanks Tim. I'm not a member of BabyRR. On reflection I can't think why I'm not, other than perhaps the Evoque being fault free from new and therefore I didn't need any of the useful stuff one finds on forums.

Cheers

Post #513312 Sun Jan 01 2017 6:49pm
Disco_Mikey

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Santorini Black

With the downturn in Aberdeen, most dealers are offering woeful trade ins.

I had heard that Audi had taken back over 300 cars in a single month Shocked

It would seem they are buying cheap, in case they can't shift them on again and minimise any losses...

Post #513314 Sun Jan 01 2017 8:04pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

I've had low trade in myself so know where your coming from WBAC offered the same as the dealer at first even though the car had 10k of extras and the dealer knew it and WBAC took it as a base spec.

After negotiation and discussing my new car deal with other dealers and getting several offers I got an extra 4K trade in.

Problem you have looks like when you ordered your car you didn't get a garenteed trade in price so now they can play hard ball.

Have you tried tootle ?

Post #513321 Sun Jan 01 2017 10:05pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Wbac offered more for my Black Edition than the dealers back in 15 when I wanted a new DS too so I don't think it's a recent trend Sad

LR dealers are more interested in new sales and while these are strong they just shrug when you complain how much you're losing and whack loads of profit on it if you take the low offer

Try to sell private if possible or shop around for best deal - HROwen beat wbac on mine in the end Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #513325 Mon Jan 02 2017 12:04am
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

I spoke with the supplying dealer for my dads Disco4 they said at just over 3 years old it was too old for them, apparently Leeds clients shop for newer cars and suggested Chesterfield branch

Whilst chatting I told him WBAC had offered £26700 and he said he couldn't have offered anywhere near that as he would have to put on approved used warranty and tyres, so I guess I would have been paying for the next owners warranty

Sold it to Evans Halshaw and had no issues at all they promise to beat WBAC and actually paid me more that their online estimate, slightly less than WBAC but they offer top bucks and knock you down.

Post #513364 Mon Jan 02 2017 3:52pm
riverblanche

United Kingdom 

Hi,
much as said above, I had a chat with a salesman while our car in for a service, hanging my nose over a new RRS Mr. Green
Gave me a price without even seeing the car and yes WBAC or a smidge lower Big Cry

He said they only really want 0-3 year old cars and most of the business is for new cars supplied on monthly finance deals changing to another new deal in 2 or 3 years time

sounds like either buy new or buy and sell private and put an aftermarket warranty on,

Even the L/R approved warranty is not L/R but a Car Care plan Evil or Very Mad

Post #513389 Mon Jan 02 2017 7:47pm
Triple7

United Kingdom 

Typical, but I see the 0-3year window fir dealers. Trouble is most private sales don't have the cash and rely on dealer for finance, so loaded deck.

JLR have a 30% spread on trade in price to forecourt sale price on F-Types Shocked

Interestingly, that if you use JLR website to value your cra, they won't let you see the values on any of the cars listed on their website. Rolling Eyes Gone:
2016.5MY RRS HSE Dyn
2015MY Disco Sport HSE
2011MY FL2 HSE
2010MY RRS HSE
2008MY D3 HSE

Post #513393 Mon Jan 02 2017 8:40pm
wilf

It surely cannot be any shock that Dealers low-ball trade-in offers, that has been happening for decades.

And it isn't just JLR dealers by a long mark. MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #513405 Tue Jan 03 2017 7:34am
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

In my experience it's definitely got worse since sales and prices have increased Sad

Dealers weren't interested in my DS because I wasn't buying a new LR but I had lots of interest from private buyers Confused

LR forecourts appear to be full of ex LR fleet vehicles now which are bought at auction by dealers for less than they pay px - salesmen admited this when I complained at the silly offers for my last 2 LRs Rolling Eyes Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #513406 Tue Jan 03 2017 8:17am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>