RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > New to brand
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Fab

United Kingdom 
New to brand

Hi, new to this excellent forum and this is my first post. After a long wait from ordering my Range Rover Sport 17my I finally picked it up today. The model is the HSE Dynamic in Carpathian Grey with Ebony interior. From ordering the car in August I originally went for the HSE but then decided to go for the Dynamic, options I've included are privacy glass, panoramic roof, full size alloy, 21" satin dark grey finish alloys with red brake calipers, service plan and configurable ambient lighting. Smiles all round in how the car looks and drives, but I've got one issue with the ambient lighting option. The effect of the lighting in the cabin is very disappointing with hardly any effect even on full brightness. All that you can configure is the centre console lighting, was expecting footwells, door pockets and door handle areas to be changeable. Door handle area and footwell remain with white lighting. The sales guy was surprised with the outcome and will look into it for me as on the Evoque the door panels have the configured lighting. Any forum members with the same option noticed the same. Went for the option just to give the cabin area a nicer surrounding whilst driving in the evening.
Regards
Fabian

Post #513074 Wed Dec 28 2016 10:06pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Welcome to the forum and the brand. A quick search will reveal that you are not alone. Ambient lighting in L494 is a joke and for those who actually paid for it by specifically opting for it as opposed to getting it as part of the Autobiography package, downright fraud IMHO. I am surprised they haven't improved it in MY17. Ambient lighting in Jaguar F-Pace is much better. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #513085 Thu Dec 29 2016 5:46am
Fab

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the reply fkarim, certainly is a joke regarding the lighting when in the brochure it states "carefully detailed LED mood lighting that brings the cabin alive at night." It certainly doesn't and not worth the money. In the Jaguar XF the mood lighting is far more superior with a bead of lighting around the centre console, along the dash and around the door handles and pockets, would of expected the same on the Range Rover.

Post #513089 Thu Dec 29 2016 10:38am
midsman

United Kingdom 

Must admit that the "mood lighting" on my 2012 RRS with its waterfall effect in the door panels was much more effective than the very low light effect on the 2015 RRS. Seems that LR skimped a little with the lighting and yet went OTT with the description. 2015 Range Rover Sport Autobiography Dynamic SDV6
2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Luxury- Santori Black with Autobiography Ebony/ Ivory interior- SOLD

Post #513094 Thu Dec 29 2016 11:31am
Lyonhead

Wales 

I can only assume that different levels of spec must give different levels of mood lighting (for some reason ) why are they not all the same ? Mad . On my 2016 RRS the mood lighting is excellent and when putting the car into Dynamic the colour change to red really stands out.

Fabian, the mood lighting does light up the centre console,foot wells, doors and door pockets front and back perhaps there could be further investigations needed by the dealership. Let us know how you get on Thumbs Up

Post #513096 Thu Dec 29 2016 12:15pm
kmpowell

Lyonhead - perhaps I'm missing something but the ambient lighting in my MY16 is terrible. It consists of a bit light by the armrest that projects a little bit across the gearshift area. The only controllable bit is the colour (in the settings menu) or brightness that's controlled via the stall that controls the dash brightness.

Is there more?!? SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #513103 Thu Dec 29 2016 1:45pm
Lyonhead

Wales 

Hi Kmpowell,

As I said before, I don't really know but I would assume they should all be the same standard unless spec of car is the regulating factor. Yes you can alter the colours in the menu and the brightness but on mine they light up where I've stated and also whatever colour you have selected, other than red obviously, when Dynamic is selected everything turns to red, dials in the dash and the ambient lighting. It might be worth contacting either dealership or Land Rover Customer Services just to get confirmation. Sorry I can't help further than that but would appreciate you letting us know how you get on. Thumbs Up

Post #513105 Thu Dec 29 2016 1:54pm
Fab

United Kingdom 

Thanks guys for the info you have provided regarding the mood lighting. Definitely going to have it checked out.

Post #513137 Thu Dec 29 2016 7:02pm
sparkx

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Lyonhead - do you have the Carbon trim in your SVR? I think you get extra mood lighting with it..

Post #513139 Thu Dec 29 2016 7:04pm
Lyonhead

Wales 

Yes I do..... but I don't understand why the mood lighting is different between cars. Shouldn't it be all the same??

Post #513142 Thu Dec 29 2016 7:16pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

IIRC there are two versions of it - the optional one that has a lot more lights and different colours and then a plainer system that comes as standard on the Autobiography. I had the upgraded system on my last Evoque and it was good from a brightness point of view but switch it to the red or blue and you could hardly see them, even with the brilliance turned right up on the centre display control. I don't have it on my HSE D. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #513146 Thu Dec 29 2016 7:29pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

This is the lighting in mine (2015.5 SVR):

Front are rear door pockets, and centre console are lit and coloured. Footwell is always white.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  

Post #513149 Thu Dec 29 2016 7:35pm
Triple7

United Kingdom 

Mood lighting was a huge issue on the Disco Sport, non-existent.. Gone:
2016.5MY RRS HSE Dyn
2015MY Disco Sport HSE
2011MY FL2 HSE
2010MY RRS HSE
2008MY D3 HSE

Post #513165 Thu Dec 29 2016 10:07pm
Silty

United Kingdom 

The 'extended finisher' option on any variant of the RRS adds additional mood lighting and that may be the difference referred to above. The carbon fibre finishers on the SVR is classed as 'extended' too.

Cheers 2017 SDV6 Autobiography; Carpathian Grey, Ivory, Soft Close, Extended Grand Black.

Post #513184 Fri Dec 30 2016 11:03am
donny dog

United Kingdom 

....and you get fold-down cubby holes (for sunglasses etc.) in the doors. It's quite a weird combination of extras and costs £415 - but I ordered it anyway!

Post #513185 Fri Dec 30 2016 11:18am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>