RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > New RRS due soon..
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tricky

United Kingdom 
New RRS due soon..

Hi,
I'm new to the forum and to the brand. I have a new 2017 HSE Dynamic in Loire Blue, due on the 14th Jan and have a couple of questions I thought members might be able to advise on.

1) Rear mud flaps. Worth fitting or not? Do they stop any of the muck building up on the rear?

2) I'll be using a Thule tow bar mounted bike carrier and have seen a few things online about the position of the exhausts on some vehicles meaning these carriers need heat shields fitting. Any experience on here ?

3) Ivory leather......and kids! Has anybody used any kind of protection on the leather to try and protect it from the inevitable ?

Thoughts and suggestions appreciated

Cheers
Tricky

Post #513017 Tue Dec 27 2016 9:46pm
pcregeen

Hi. Welcome to the forum. Ive got the Thule 2 bike carrier and bought the heat shields from our forum sponsor duckworth parts. I would say based on seeing it in place it is definitely better safe than sorry and they only are £55

Thanks. Peter

Post #513022 Tue Dec 27 2016 11:30pm
JOCK55

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Firenze Red

Tricky,

I can only give you an opinion on No.1 in your list of questions. REAR MUD FLAPS. They do reduce the amount of muck that reaches the rear wings, but the spray still covers the back door and window. I would definitely consider getting the Large size washer bottle fitted if it's not too late, as ⅔ of my washer bottle contents is on the rear window!

Hope this helps,

Old Jock 2018 (MY19) Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 300PS Petrol in Caesium Blue with many bells and whistles.
2015 RRS HSE SDV6 Firenze Red with Santorini Panoramic Glass Roof, gone but not forgotten.

Post #513025 Wed Dec 28 2016 12:25am
Tricky

United Kingdom 

Thanks both for the reply's, and for the pointer to Duckworth. And yes I've already ticked the extra washer bottle option, but thanks for the advice.

Post #513036 Wed Dec 28 2016 9:28am
wilf

Hi - I have the rear mudflaps, chosen because I like the way they look rather than any actual effect. Rear door/window still gets covered incredibly quickly.

I used a gtech leather protector on ivory leather in an XF once, it did seem to help, never got blue off denims onto the seats. http://gtechniq.com/products/auto/l1-leather-guard-ab MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #513037 Wed Dec 28 2016 10:11am
mikef

United Kingdom 
Re: New RRS due soon..

Tricky wrote:

3) Ivory leather......and kids! Has anybody used any kind of protection on the leather to try and protect it from the inevitable ?

I have exactly that combination of Loire blue (with silver pano roof) and ivory interior. I don't want to rain on your parade but that wouldn't be a colour combination I'd order again. The Loire blue looks great when clean but when dirty it looks a bit dull and boy does this car get dirty especially at the back. This was my car after just one return trip from Bucks to Grimsby a couple of winters ago. Btw the mudflaps are for decorative purposes only. As others have said the extra washer capacity is essential

Click image to enlarge

As for my ivory interior I've been disappointed. The driver's seat in my 25k mile car looks as grimy and saggy as a 100k mile car despite my stealer having supposedly refitted it at around 12k miles after I complained about it

Don't get me wrong. In all likelihood, you'll love your RRS for its character and charm, just don't expect German build quality or any kind of value for money

Post #513073 Wed Dec 28 2016 10:06pm
Triple7

United Kingdom 

Congrats.

Yup, the mudflaps complete the look, but don't stop any dirt from getting on rear, which is a mud magnet. i have the fixed side steps and stop a bit of the dirt up the sides....

Love the car, won't desire anything else, but agree about the leather seats....disappointing to say the least. After my previous car, a Porsche, the interior is no where near thr qualtiy finish of the German....

I use G-techniq on my leather guard, less than a tenner.... Gone:
2016.5MY RRS HSE Dyn
2015MY Disco Sport HSE
2011MY FL2 HSE
2010MY RRS HSE
2008MY D3 HSE

Post #513164 Thu Dec 29 2016 10:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1