RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > 3 weeks into ownership - a pic and a few questions
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

kmpowell

3 weeks into ownership - a pic and a few questions

Hi All

3 weeks into owning my first ever Land Rover product, and so far I'm enjoying every minute. The car I bought was a lightly used MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, in Fire Engine Red, that had a few nice options ticked at the factory such as Privacy Glass, Dig TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, and the Contrast fixed full roof, which should all help make it more appealing when it comes to resale in a few years. I also asked the dealer to put some black badges on it as part of the deal, which I think finish off the look nicely. Here it was at the dealer the day I picked-up...

Click image to enlarge

The 250mile drive home gave me time to explore the RRS on a variety of traffic/road conditions and it was everything I'd hoped it would be, in most cases surpassing my expectations.The instantaneous torque is great, and it certainly doesn't feel sluggish.

I've given the manual a long read, but uniess I'm missing something I have a few questions that are yet unanswered:
1. On my outgoing RS4 the Sat Nav would show (as standard, not the speed sign sign recognition upgrade which was extra) the speed limit of the road I was travelling on, which was very handy in built up areas and/or restricted dual carriageways. As I can't seem to find any option to switch it on I'm assuming the LR system doesn't have this feature?
2. The Front PDC only seems to activate when I am VERY close, can this be adjusted so it switches on a bit further away?
3. Showing the track name or radio station's name in the middle of the dash seems a bit of a waste of space, without wishing to sound like a broken "my audi used to do this" record, is it possible to put the Sat Nav next turn into the screen, or show something more detailed?
4. Is it possible to change the front amber running markers to a white light that matches the DRLs, possibly through a bulb change, or are they fully integrated into the headlight unit?

I think that's about it, I'll pop any other questions on this thread as and when anything arises.

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to taking part a bit more here.

Thumbs Up

Post #510331 Fri Nov 18 2016 7:26pm
Blueskye1

Wales 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Stunning Shocked

Welcome along to the Forum enjoy your time with us Thumbs Up

Andrew My first RRS HSE Purchased June 2016
Java Black 2.7
Date of first registration 22 February 2008
Cousin of the King of Stamford Bridge R.I.P. Ossie

Post #510332 Fri Nov 18 2016 7:38pm
Buckster

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Fantastic colour and a beautiful looking car, welcome aboard Thumbs Up 2003 BMW M5 - 5 Litres of V8 Optimax Slurping Goodness in Carbon Black

2013 SDV6 HSE Black Edition- Orkney Grey with Ebony & Ivory. LR Facelift RAI, Genuine G4 Expedition Rack, 4x Warn SBD-160 Spotlights, Warn 9.5XPS Winch, Mantec Underbody Protection and Sump Guard, Full Easy Lift Suspension Module, LR Light Guards, Light Force HTX230 Hybrid spotlights, 18” Compomotive PD1881 on 265/65/18 BF Goodrich KO2, ARB fridge, TuffTrek awning 😎

Post #510334 Fri Nov 18 2016 7:52pm
Been-and-dunit

United Kingdom 

Fabulous looking colour, enjoy Thumbs Up

Post #510336 Fri Nov 18 2016 8:21pm
IRBails

Australia 
Re: 3 weeks into ownership - a pic and a few questions

kmpowell wrote:
Hi All

3 weeks into owning my first ever Land Rover product, and so far I'm enjoying every minute. The car I bought was a lightly used MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, in Fire Engine Red, that had a few nice options ticked at the factory such as Privacy Glass, Dig TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, and the Contrast fixed full roof, which should all help make it more appealing when it comes to resale in a few years. I also asked the dealer to put some black badges on it as part of the deal, which I think finish off the look nicely. Here it was at the dealer the day I picked-up...

Click image to enlarge

The 250mile drive home gave me time to explore the RRS on a variety of traffic/road conditions and it was everything I'd hoped it would be, in most cases surpassing my expectations.The instantaneous torque is great, and it certainly doesn't feel sluggish.

I've given the manual a long read, but uniess I'm missing something I have a few questions that are yet unanswered:
1. On my outgoing RS4 the Sat Nav would show (as standard, not the speed sign sign recognition upgrade which was extra) the speed limit of the road I was travelling on, which was very handy in built up areas and/or restricted dual carriageways. As I can't seem to find any option to switch it on I'm assuming the LR system doesn't have this feature?
2. The Front PDC only seems to activate when I am VERY close, can this be adjusted so it switches on a bit further away?
3. Showing the track name or radio station's name in the middle of the dash seems a bit of a waste of space, without wishing to sound like a broken "my audi used to do this" record, is it possible to put the Sat Nav next turn into the screen, or show something more detailed?
4. Is it possible to change the front amber running markers to a white light that matches the DRLs, possibly through a bulb change, or are they fully integrated into the headlight unit?

I think that's about it, I'll pop any other questions on this thread as and when anything arises.

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to taking part a bit more here.

Thumbs Up

Answers:-

1) Does not show and can't be switched on AFAIK
2) Not to my Knowledge could be an option using IID tool but I suspect the distance is a function of the senders.
3) Sat nav does show in the center and on HUD if there is a route.
4) ?? M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #510344 Sat Nov 19 2016 7:38am
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Nice choice,,looks better with the black badges & contrasting roof.

Andy Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #510345 Sat Nov 19 2016 8:14am
wilf

Some suggestions for your questions:

1: no, it doesn't

2: no, it can't

3: satnav turn directions do come up on the centre screen, but you can't change when that happens

4: no idea

Lol, I must be in a very negative mood this morning! MY2016 HSE D SDV6 - gone due to fuel dilution problems.

By the age of 50 you have the face you deserve - George Orwell.

Post #510348 Sat Nov 19 2016 8:35am
hafman

United Kingdom 

May I gate crash this thread with another newbie question (I bought my MY15 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic two weeks ago)?

When I come to a halt to park, the engine stops automatically (as it should) and I press Park on the gearstick. But sometimes when I then press the Stop/Start button to "turn the engine / ignition off" the engine restarts. Embarassed Embarassed

What am I misunderstanding?

TIA

Post #510379 Sat Nov 19 2016 7:02pm
fkarim

United Kingdom 

Auto stop/start turns the ignition off when the car comes to a full stop, you put it in Park and unbuckle the seatbelt. When you press the button, it restarts because it is already off. Current: Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription Pro PHEV with some optionals on top
Gone: MY16 RRS2 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic, Carpathian Grey & Santorini Black Sliding Pano/Ebony & Ivory 2 Tone
Gone: MY13 RRS 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition, Orkney Grey/Ivory
Gone: MY09 RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Santorini Black/Almond

Post #510381 Sat Nov 19 2016 7:18pm
hafman

United Kingdom 

Many thanks Thumbs Up

I thought that I'd remembered that the satnav display stays on (as does the radio), so hadn't realised that (in old speak) the ignition had turned off. Its all far to clever for me Confused Very Happy

Post #510387 Sat Nov 19 2016 7:53pm
kmpowell

Thanks for the welcome everybody, and also the positive comments on the colour.

I've solved one of my questions today when sat in traffic and working my way through the menus to kill a bit of time. For some unknown reason it looks like the first owner disabled the auto PDC option, so it wasn't triggering. It's now working as I expected and want/need.

Smile

Post #510429 Sun Nov 20 2016 6:59pm
kmpowell

Decided to give it a first wash yesterday afternoon to get up close and inspect the car.

First impression, it's much bigger than I anticipated, I severely misjudged how long it would take. The penny dropped when I had to get the mini stepladders out to reach the roof! Embarassed

Secondly the water 'run-offs' are excellent, but it does mean the chamois gets more of a workout with the doors open. That front grille is a PITA for holding water so it's very hard to dry.

A few very minor negative observations. The black trims on the bonnet, wings, grille etc are all pretty flimsy compared to other brands I've had. The raised single letter badges could also be easily snagged and ripped off with the wash mit unless caution is exercised.

It's off to be fully machine polish detailed and coated with ceramic/hydrocarbon kamikazi ism in a couple of weeks so I'll pop some pics up when I get it back. For now here's a quick shot I took yesterday evening after the wash.

Click image to enlarge

Very Happy SOLD - MY16 SDV6 Autobiography Dynamic - Fire Engine Red, Fixed contrast pan roof, TV, Dual Screen, 5+2, Privacy, Noble paddles.

Post #510848 Sun Nov 27 2016 10:18am
Cpt Jack Sparrow

Wales 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

stunning motor you have there Bow down Bow down

Post #510850 Sun Nov 27 2016 10:52am
Chris-52

United Kingdom 

Looks great. It's worth the time to keep it clean and shiny. Try drying towels like Sonos Der Wunder towels instead of a chammy, much more effective and quicker.
Can't wait to get my new RRS in Jan 👍

Post #510858 Sun Nov 27 2016 1:37pm
Dave777

United Kingdom 

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-..._1152.html

You can get a dryer which uses hot air to blast the water out of the grill and nooks and crannies. MY16 3.0 SDV6 Autobiography in Aleutian silver, stealth pack and toys.

Post #510862 Sun Nov 27 2016 3:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>