RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Wheels & Tyres > Will 19" FFRR Vogue wheels fit a RRS with Brembo brakes
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Orange RRS

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Vesuvius Orange
Will 19" FFRR Vogue wheels fit a RRS with Brembo brakes

Searched the site and found many different answers to this question, been offered a cheap set of 19" 2006 Vogue rims and was wondering if they will fit my Supercharged 05. I believe the offset is different but just want to know if they will clear the Brembo callipers and the current wheel studs are long enough. If they do fit has anyone got a pic of them on
Thanks Andy Life's too short to drive boring cars !
2005 Supercharged First Edition
2013 Evoque

Post #511648 Tue Dec 06 2016 1:41pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

As far as I am aware only Disco3/Disco4 wheels are directly interchangeable with RRS1 L320 wheels. The Brembos on TDv8 and S/C's are a problem for 99% of 19" wheels and as far as I am aware only 2 LR designs will fit over the Brembos apart from the OEM design - the Stormer style 20" and the Discovery3 HSE 6 spoke 19" wheel. Will try to find a photo of my TDV8 on the Disco wheels.

This is my TDv8 in 2008 on the wheels that were RRS TDv6 SE OEM in 2005 as I had that style swapped for Disco3 wheels on my 1st RRS before taking delivery.

The tyres on those wheels were Pirelli Scorpion Ice and Snow and I went off-roading in the keilder Forest on them in mid winter with the Disco3 forum guys and didn't get stuck! I also ran a set of Disco3 G4 Goodyear Eagle MTRs on Disco3 Wheels on the car
[URL=]

Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

This was the Disco3 style I ran my first RRS on but they will not fit over Brembos for sure
Click image to enlarge

Will try to find a photo of those too for you, but someone else may also have a photo of a G4 Discovery3 on the OEM G4 wheels

These are the Disco3 wheels that will fit, don't be misled by them being against an L322 FFRR, that was only to see what they might look like on that car and I never tried fitting those wheels to the FFRR. They should also fit RRS with Brembo brakes but are getting hard to get, also the tyres on them were the Goodyear MTRs. I sold these wheels to a G4 Disco4 owner shortly after this photo was taken.
[URL=]
Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #511650 Tue Dec 06 2016 2:02pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Orange RRS

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Vesuvius Orange

Thanks Tim, I managed to squeeze 17" alloys on my D3 4.4, after swapping the discs and calliper months with a V6 D3, still got stuck all the time in the desert but got a lot less punctures than the low profile tyres when deflated.
Might just go for a set of 305/50/20 tyres on the Stormers instead. Life's too short to drive boring cars !
2005 Supercharged First Edition
2013 Evoque

Post #511664 Tue Dec 06 2016 6:48pm
CRACKA

Australia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey

You could try and get a set of 2015 20" of an RRS they have 50 aspect side walls .
I got a set for A $1500 with Pirelli Scorpion Tyres with only 1000KLms on them. One tyre here retails for a $329. So a pretty good deal.
What happens is that customers buy new RRS's and want larger wheels so they trade them in at the dealer or sell them.
It might be a bit different over there with lots have winter/summer wheels and tyres but it might be worth a try.
Here are some photos of them.

Click image to enlarge
 2006 4.2 S/C with Tow Pack, Side Steps, DRL's, 19" & 20" wheels, additional 110 ltr Fuel Tank Roof Rack and performance mods.

1952 Rover 75 (Cyclops) First Car !!! Fond memories -was restored-good for 93mph.

Post #511675 Tue Dec 06 2016 9:52pm
CRACKA

Australia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey

Also have a look at other thread 'Need new wheels' 2006 4.2 S/C with Tow Pack, Side Steps, DRL's, 19" & 20" wheels, additional 110 ltr Fuel Tank Roof Rack and performance mods.

1952 Rover 75 (Cyclops) First Car !!! Fond memories -was restored-good for 93mph.

Post #511678 Tue Dec 06 2016 10:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1