RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Is Premium paint a more matt finish?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

donny dog

United Kingdom 
Is Premium paint a more matt finish?

I have ordered my car in Waitomo Grey instead of the Corris I originally fancied because I thought it would look better with an Ivory/Espresso interior. However, in pictures I have seen on here it looks less glossy than normal metallic paint. Is this an illusion, or is Premium Paint more matt?

Post #510860 Sun Nov 27 2016 2:58pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

There is Premium and then there is Satin which looks like Matte for another £6000............ check on your invoice/ order for a a very expensive optional extra! Donny did you used to be a member over on BabyRR.com? 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #510869 Sun Nov 27 2016 7:02pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
donny dog

United Kingdom 

It's definitely Premium (a no-cost option for some reason, which makes no sense). But is was also Premium on the Waitomo car I saw on here (someone had a loan Disco Sport with it on, and uploaded a photo alongside his own Corris (which looked better as well as shinier!).I also saw a dealer-owned car in a salmon sort of colour on here, also premium, and that looked a bit matt as well.

I fancied Corris ever since I saw a picture of yours, but I thought the brownish tinge which you apparently get in some lights with Waitomo would suit Ivory/Espresso. Also, I can't resist something for nothing (I'm from Yorkshire!). So is it just as glossy as metallic, then? What is the actual difference that makes it 'premium'?

I'm still a member on babyRR.com and visit most days, although I haven't posted there in a while, and I've still got the Evoque (SD4 Prestige Lux). I'll be posting on there soon, though, as I've got lots of Evoque parts to sell (including 4 brand new wheels and tyres!) before I trade it in. I might even try and sell the Evoque, as the PX estimate I've had wasn't all that good. The car has only got 24,000 on the clock and you don't seem to see that reflected in the PX.

Post #510872 Sun Nov 27 2016 7:22pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I believe the difference is the amount and type of flake in the paint, some of the Premium colours also have a tinted flake. Waitomo I believe used to be called Havana. If you go onto the configurator I think that there is an "i" icon that tells you the difference. Could always ask LRCS on here what the difference is. I agree with you about speccing all the NCO items, basically LR feels they should also be free but that not everyone wants them on their car so LR saves a packet! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #510877 Sun Nov 27 2016 8:10pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Thanks, Tim. I tried the configurator but the 'i' doesn't add anything - it just says "Premium Metallic" in larger letters!

The strange thing about making Premium paint a no-cost option on RRS, though, is that it doesn't apply to other models. It's £1,600 extra on some, which is why I couldn't resists having it! Having said that, if they'd give me £1,600 I'd gladly do without it!

Post #510901 Sun Nov 27 2016 10:38pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Waitomo Grey is really nice and very popular with the full fat RR which all seem to have the ivory expresso interior. It is a premium paint option on the FF as well.

Click image to enlarge
 SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #510952 Mon Nov 28 2016 3:09pm
donny dog

United Kingdom 

Yes, £830 extra even on an Autobiography, Yet, it's a no-cost option on RRS!

Post #510958 Mon Nov 28 2016 4:12pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1