RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > New battery fitted with RAC battery cover
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Jase3983yorkshire

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black
New battery fitted with RAC battery cover

Just abit of advice if anyone thinks their battery might be on its way out in the near future then its worth having the battery cover from RAC for about £20 plus the standard breakdown cover cost. I have had mine for about 4 months and my battery started playing up last week, they advised a 24hr recharge which i did but today the car wouldnt start again so i called them out and they agreed to replace it with a new one at their cost of £279.99. I think this extra cover is a no brainer compared to the cost of a new battery.

Just a word of warning though if your battery fails on you at home and you dont have home start then the battery cover doesnt cover you unless you're 1/4 mile away from home which i think is abit of get out clause as most batterys will fail at home on a morning when you try and start the car, So make sure if you do have battery problems you are 1/4 mile from home when you call them or you have home start on your policy as i did.

Post #510172 Wed Nov 16 2016 2:10pm
shakeapaw

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Im not sure of the model of your Sport, But it's not really a bargain though if you have to buy the cover, (mine is free with the bank. AA though) as a Varta battery ( original fitment ) can be got for less than £75 delivered.
Where they get the £279 from is a mystery 07,TDV8,Black, Black Heated leather all round, Rear Entertainment with Headpones & Remote, TV, DVD, Pure Dab Digital Radio, Sidesteps, Adaptive Headlights, sunroof, now working fuel burning heater Smile)))

Post #510229 Thu Nov 17 2016 1:54am
Jase3983yorkshire

I have a reciept for the guarantee, They get their batterys from eurocarparts and its a bosch s5 AMG battery. I did call dealers up and a new one from them was £250 but RAC have to use eurocarparts because they dont have an account with the dealers.

Post #510233 Thu Nov 17 2016 9:21am
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

If you have a power socket near the car, 3 years x £20 will get you a CTEK 5 charger.

Much better idea to maintain battery life

Post #510248 Thu Nov 17 2016 1:16pm
Jase3983yorkshire

I have just purchased a ctek charger Andy to keep this new battery topped up and one of those tow electrics connector to fit the ctek.

I have had the battery cover for 4 months so its only cost me £7 and Now i have 4 years warranty with the new battery im thinking of cancelling the battery replace cover now as i dont need it. My advice with the battery replace cover was if someone thinks their battery is due out then its worth the extra £1.66 a month on top of your breakdown cover if you're with RAC.

Post #510264 Thu Nov 17 2016 6:12pm
Jase3983yorkshire

shakeapaw wrote:
Im not sure of the model of your Sport, But it's not really a bargain though if you have to buy the cover, (mine is free with the bank. AA though) as a Varta battery ( original fitment ) can be got for less than £75 delivered.
Where they get the £279 from is a mystery

I had breakdown cover with Halifax bank i was 85 miles from home and when AA came out they said the cover was only road side assistance so they billed me £225 to take us home. I then decided to not use the bank cover again just go direct and get proper cover i know what im getting then not taking the salesmans word for it in the bank as when i joined he upgraded me to this ultimate reward account and specifically sold it on the breakdown cover been nationwide thats why i thought it was worth it but it turned out to be a bit of a scam as others had the same experience. Im not sure if Halifax has changed it to national cover now it was about 7 years ago when it happened.

Post #510265 Thu Nov 17 2016 6:20pm
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Yeah the bank packaged ones tend to be the basic package.

But at least they answered the phone to you and didn't give you a special number to call which they ignore Mad

Post #510267 Thu Nov 17 2016 6:55pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1