RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > TDV6 Upgrade
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Driller

Australia 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Java Black
TDV6 Upgrade

Has anyone had any experience with DMS engine tuning? In Australia the choice of upgrades is rather limited. From what i can gather from their website they seem to be a reputable company out of the UK with a franchise here. Just curious if anyone had or knew of their products?

Post #70360 Tue Dec 12 2006 4:11pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

They're very well known and regarded in the BMW world - I'm aware they do some work on the TDV6 too although haven't heard of anyone who's said much about it. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #70362 Tue Dec 12 2006 4:13pm
Driller

they sound impressive, still trying to get details but they are claiming 174KW and 510Nm, not sure what the conversions are but stock we only have 140 and 440 respectively.

Post #70364 Tue Dec 12 2006 4:18pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

As I said I can't comment on LR conversions, but they do great things with the BMW diesels so the figures are quite believable I think. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #70367 Tue Dec 12 2006 4:28pm
Josh

United Kingdom 

There was an article earlier this year in one of the offroad magazines on a conversion they had done to a RRS TDV6. A few owners appeared in the article who were very pleased with the results as was the journalist who wrote the article.
They do a lot of development work in the world of motor sport. So I would think their product would be very good. Thumbs Up TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #70474 Wed Dec 13 2006 12:22pm
Singletrack

Belgium 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Josh wrote:
There was an article earlier this year in one of the offroad magazines on a conversion they had done to a RRS TDV6. A few owners appeared in the article who were very pleased with the results as was the journalist who wrote the article.
They do a lot of development work in the world of motor sport. So I would think their product would be very good. Thumbs Up

I'll give them this: They are responsive. I sent a few questions to the email address on their web site and they responded in less than an hour. For the TDV6 they claim 233 bph and 510Nm of torque. I'm also told that they have engineers regularly travelling worldwide (no doubt to do all those Bentleys) so that it is not essential for me to take my car to Hampshire to have it done. I have pricing also if anyone is curious...please PM me. 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony/Cherry, Privacy, Sunroof, PTI, Premium Sound, SatNav, Cold Climate, Tow kit, CarStyle coded grill and vents, Tasmods, Stormers, JE Exhaust, Autobiography badge

Post #70514 Wed Dec 13 2006 4:24pm
Driller

Agree Josh, it took no time at all to get a response from their agent here in Oz. Have mine booked in for monday next week. Will be travelling to Margaret River for Christmas so will give a report on fuel consumption and performance when i get back Very Happy

Post #70994 Fri Dec 15 2006 7:22pm
The doc

United Kingdom 

Group buy?

Post #71251 Sun Dec 17 2006 7:01pm
Driller

There have been some changes to my plan over the weekend. Chris John, formerly of Turbochip, contacted me regards the DMS upgrade, which he told me was very good, and i asked about his upgrade since going his own way. His latest offering has more power and better fuel economy (if driven sedately Wink ), mere marketing? who knows but since he wrote the software for DMS i thought i'd give him the benefit of the doubt, plus he came in a grand under their price Exclamation . The ECU is getting ripped out this morning and will be back in place later this week. I get back to Australia after four weeks away at w*$k and will be giving it a thorough thrashing, i mean testing over the w-end. Report to follow.

Post #71291 Sun Dec 17 2006 10:46pm
Lateral5

Australia 

Be keen to hear about the result Driller.....also do you have Chris' contact details....can you PM them? RRS TDV6 Bluetooth, VR, Roof

Post #71330 Mon Dec 18 2006 9:38am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Driller

Lateral, you have PM

Post #71397 Mon Dec 18 2006 3:53pm
ddazzler

Australia 

Sounds good Driller. Can you PM me the details please.

Just back myself. How dry is it - have had to start hand feeding the rocking horse and I am worried someone is going to break into the RR to drain the radiator Wink

PS: Merry Xmas to the Censored who open their door onto my rear guard whilst parked in "secure" parking while I was away Evil or Very Mad

PPS: Did anyone mention cricket Rolling with laughter

Post #71637 Wed Dec 20 2006 3:56am
Lateral5

Australia 

ddazzler wrote:
PPS: Did anyone mention cricket Rolling with laughter

just a mild ribbing....http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic4512.html RRS TDV6 Bluetooth, VR, Roof

Post #71657 Wed Dec 20 2006 9:43am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Driller

Hi all, i managed to get my upgraded chip fitted prior to christmas however due to amazing weather (it's 40C and sunny as i type this) and great conditions for surfing and kiteboarding, i've found little time to check out the forum. Since the upgrade i've travelled approx 1500 km's of mixed driving and i am most impressed. From a standing start i would say the car is adequate however it's pretty tricky to get 2.5 ton vehicle moving quickly from a standing start! Once moving though the car is fantastic. You can put your foot down at any speed and you get an immediate response, it just pulls and pulls and pulls Very Happy I travelled to Margaret River with a car load and surfboards on the roof and managed 9.4L/100 km's, very happy. Overall, i've managed 9.9L/100kms combined. The performance of the car is amazing and feels completely different. I would recommend anyone who has the diesel 6 to get this done immmediately. It turns a great vehicle with acceptable engine performance into a truley wonderful drive Cool

Post #74934 Sun Jan 14 2007 7:09am
Compuway

Australia 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Heh Driller, Happy New Year man. Upgrade sounds great . You have PM

Cheers....Wayne 2006 RRS TDV6, Java/Alpaca, Dynamic Response Pack, Tow Pack, Head and Tail light protectors, 20" Stormers, Roof Rails, S/C Grill and Side Vents, Tasmods. AutoLogic mod.
1988 RR Highline, 3.5 EFI Arctic White, ARB Bullbar, Roof Rails, 15" Alloys, Front and Rear light Grilles, Side steps. (Still going strong)

Post #74962 Sun Jan 14 2007 11:47am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>