RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Detailing & Car Cleaning > Full RR Sport Exterior Enhancement
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

scousefly

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Sumatra Black
Full RR Sport Exterior Enhancement

I bought my RR Sport from Guy Salmon and within a few weeks realised that I wanted it to just look better. I came on this site and did a fair bit of research on products and I also found Russ at Reflectology. After a quick visit to him and a talk about prices I had a decision to make, did I polish the car myself or let Russ do it.

The cost was a deciding factor as it was out of my ball park so I told Russ I would do the correction and I would need him to apply the Siramik treatments.

I started using Merzana pads and polish but quickly realised that the cut just was not good enough and the polish was not breaking down as I had hoped. this may have been to my complete inexperience but after again discussing with Russ I plumbed for Scholl pads and polish.......wow what a difference.

All in all I think I probably spent about 55hrs over a period of days correcting the whole car going through a full prep for the polishing and then the actual act.

Luckily Russ was able to bring my coating appointment forward by a month which was great as it was becoming a real PITA keeping the car swirl free as I was applying no protection so the final prep work was reduced in the last 2 days before the coating was applied.

The car went in and Russ said it was completely defect free......Massive result. Still he wanted to do a final cut so I had to pay extra for this and then a final polish was done before Siramik HR and then Ultimat was applied.

The result was stunning, the water beading is phenomenal and I have just washed the car after 2 weeks and to be honest I could have just snow foamed it and rinsed as it was still that clean the dirt just does not stick to the paintwork. The compliments I get are immense and I smile with pride every time I look at it.

I have owned the DA I used for about 7 years and why I decided to use it for the first time on the biggest car I have ever owned i have no idea but I took it back to Guy Salmon and they asked if it was a different car to the one they sold me

The first pic is the day I picked the car up from Guy Salmon. The next set of pictures are me just cleaning the car and polishing/applying Poorboys Blackhole/ Bilt Hamner Wax. I soon realised I was just covering the issues up so when the blue valeting tape goes on that's when the results started to come about.

All the photos about the transformation are in my gallery

Post #508720 Thu Oct 27 2016 2:23am
Rich999

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Very nice Thumbs Up

Post #508727 Thu Oct 27 2016 4:37am
junior

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Wow, nice. Reckon you should get some mud flaps fitted ahead of the gritting season though. Would be a shame to see that finish getting splattered with salt and associated grime.

Post #508851 Fri Oct 28 2016 12:09pm
scousefly

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Sumatra Black
Detailer

Has assured me that the Siramik coatings will last about 2-3 years and grit and salt will just wash off as it cannot grip. I have a video but unfortunately I cannot upload it from my fone. I treated the back of the wheels. With Gtechnik C5 wheel armour and I need to retreat them as the first application is not up to much. The detailer applied Siramik HR to wheel faces and it is unbelievable in comparison to the wheel armour but he wanted £50 per wheel to fully prepare and coat Big Cry

Post #508859 Fri Oct 28 2016 4:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1