Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > MY2017 SVR Order
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 6 123456>

Jimbo095

United Kingdom 
MY2017 SVR Order

Hi all, first post so please be gentle! Wink

So glad I found this forum, was getting worried I wouldn't find a decent one! So, as per thread topic I've seemingly taken the plunge in to Range Rover ownership with a MY17 order due (apparently) some time in December. Coming from GTR and various M cars I absolutely loved the SVR and thought the versatility was amazing. I describe it to my pals who question my choice as ticking nearly all the boxes at 95% rather than one (speed, comfort, practicality, handling etc) at 100% if that makes sense. I'm still coming to terms with the outlay but am optimistic the sacrifices will be all worth it.

Enough of that and now for some questions, sorry if long winded but apart from the stealers I have nobody with experience I can really ask!

I've not gone wild with the spec as my original plan was to wait for the proper presumably late 17/ early 18 facelift with presumably the 575hp F type unit. But, am I missing something vital in your valued opinions..

Estoril with black 22's
Cirrus/Ebony
Sunroof not pan glass
Soft close
Privacy glass
Home link
Reduced section spare
Twin visors
Cooler

Adaptive xenon's and 360 park are now standard but the other things I considered we the carbon trim, HUD and park assist? Carbon looks great but it appears the turned aluminium doesn't look too bad but not seen in flesh. With one eye on possibly trading up to the facelift have I made the right choices in terms of balancing cost without skimping! If the cost to trade up is extrortionate I may not bother so don't want to regret choices as it may be 3 year keeper. Also, should there be any discount on the MY17 having read elsewhere someone achieving 12k on a cancelled 16.5 model?

Finally, with a seemingly increasing amount of svr's for sale where do you see values at year 1, 2 and 3?

Sorry for rambling but trying to get an idea if I'm on the right path with choices, I can change spec until end of month, allegedly! Thanks all... Smile

Last edited by Jimbo095 on Thu Sep 22 2016 8:38am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #506046 Thu Sep 22 2016 8:33am
viper

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

good choices would spec black roof Thumbs Up 2016 bmw x5 40d m-sport space grey
2015 bmw 335i m-sport touring mineral grey/coral interior looking to change again .
Gone HSE SDV6 Dynamic indus silver, santorini contrast roof,panoramic roof,red brakes,privacy,climate front seats,tow bar great car enjoyed it ����
Gone my10 3.0 tdv6 Bali blue/ivory 5 years 24k no problems great car will be missed

Post #506047 Thu Sep 22 2016 8:37am
Jimbo095

United Kingdom 

I'm sure I did viper, says black contrast full size sliding pan roof, but will make sure it's the case! Thank you.. Thumbs Up

May as well also ask, good points/bad points found from any owners out there... Apologies if there is a thread on owners opinions???..

Post #506048 Thu Sep 22 2016 8:39am
udash

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

HUD is really good Thumbs Up and may help to keep an eye on the SVR speed easily.

Post #506056 Thu Sep 22 2016 9:13am
Jimbo095

United Kingdom 

Yes I'm very torn with the HUD as did like it on the demo... Keen on the sidesteps too, fixed or deployable to be honest. I've noticed a few after market options to save ££'s, sub standard or any recommendations? From this and other threads lots of folk request the vehicle not to be prepped/valets as they are genrally Censored and leave swirl marks, being a novice I guess taking it straight to a professional would be the way forward?? Thanks all..

Post #506058 Thu Sep 22 2016 9:29am
Lyonhead

Wales 

Personally I went for the silver alloys as the black is just too dark against the great Estoril Blue. Also the carbon fibre is great as well as the carbon fibre engine cover. ( a bit expensive but it is really really nice ). The way I looked at it was it is a very special car so if you can push the boat out go for it with the extras.
Extra large washer bottle and Deployable steps are very good as well, just note that the steps can get quite dirty underneath but I added mud flaps all round which does help. My dealership actually took the car to a detailer of my choice and picked it up, which was excellent service, so when I pulled the cover off on collection is was a proper WOW Shocked
Other than that, you will find that immediately after starting you will switch off the Stop/Start and switch the exhaust valves open. Good luck and hope you enjoy Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #506070 Thu Sep 22 2016 10:20am
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

With you being in Lincolnshire I would use these guys for detailing,,ive seen their work & I was going to get them to do mine if I bought new but I bought a 2 year old instead.
http://www.deep-shine.co.uk/

Andy Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #506086 Thu Sep 22 2016 12:18pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Well done. Enjoy the car don't worry about residuals much. Hope you managed a decent discount on one as a friend recently got 7% on one.

I reckon in year three these will be around £65k retail. There have some that were on sale (and sold fast) recently at circa £85k already.

Post #506099 Thu Sep 22 2016 2:36pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

I have a MY17 order aswell just waiting on build dates .... when that happens.

My spec is similar to yours but I've speced head up display and carbon interior pack. I have head up display now and although basic it's much easier than looking down for a tiny speed indicator.

I hoped the MY17 would get the extra bhp aswell but expect it to lose £1500 a month if not 2k for the first 18 months and honestly if they added 25bhp next year it wouldn't be worth the upgrade as I think the MY17 entertainment system stuff is the biggest update in a while and I've speced mine with the intention to keep it a few years.

Don't worry to much about the money you earnt it so spend it how you like.

Last edited by GJW1 on Thu Sep 22 2016 4:31pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #506110 Thu Sep 22 2016 4:25pm
GJW1

United Kingdom 

Also remote park heat is fantastic.

Some say the MY17 will start off the app but I'm not taking that risk so speced remote park heat also.

Not a penny discount available to me on a 16.5 or a 17 when I ordered hence me waiting now for a 17

Post #506111 Thu Sep 22 2016 4:26pm
philmw

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Sumatra Black

I have most factory-fit options (and purposely no dealer fit ones!). The ones I would probably miss the most are HUD, the Meridian Signature system, cameras, TSR (which you can't have with HomeLink), remote heat, service pack, extra-large washer bottle. The only options I didn't go for were privacy glass and twin visors - personal preference in looks.

Things that are nice to have - soft door close is great but it winds me up no end when people shut (slam) the door themselves Evil or Very Mad ), TV but only usable sometimes in a traffic jam, park assist for the traffic detection, 4 zone climate, engine cover for when you clean the engine.

Options I don't use or have not done so yet - wade sensing, park assist.

Purchased a set of 21" wheels with M+S tyres for the winter (from Duckworths). 

Post #506113 Thu Sep 22 2016 4:45pm
Jimbo095

United Kingdom 

Thanks peeps, yes I guess they're the sort of figures I had in mind for depreciation so we'll see...

As for a discount, I was also told nothing going whether it was 16.5 or 17!? So 7% on new order is a bit of a kick in the teeth, is that 17 too?! Although I read a lot regarding the issues with in control pro I prefer to wait for the MY17 like you GJW1. Did you add the service pack? It doesn't show on configurator but dealer said it available hence adding it. Assume you've been given similar dates to myself, although I didn't think these were estimates? Any opinions on sidesteps?
Sorry for the barrage!

Post #506114 Thu Sep 22 2016 4:50pm
Jimbo095

United Kingdom 

philmw wrote:
I have most factory-fit options (and purposely no dealer fit ones!). The ones I would probably miss the most are HUD, the Meridian Signature system, cameras, TSR (which you can't have with HomeLink), remote heat, service pack, extra-large washer bottle. The only options I didn't go for were privacy glass and twin visors - personal preference in looks.

Things that are nice to have - soft door close is great but it winds me up no end when people shut (slam) the door themselves Evil or Very Mad ), TV but only usable sometimes in a traffic jam, park assist for the traffic detection, 4 zone climate, engine cover for when you clean the engine.

Options I don't use or have not done so yet - wade sensing, park assist.

Purchased a set of 21" wheels with M+S tyres for the winter (from Duckworths).

Wow, that's a comprehensive spec! Definitely going to add the washer bottle, what's TSR? As for remote heat I was toying with that but can you confirm exactly how it works as website quite vague. You can use your phone app or it's on the remote and you have to be within the IR range? Does it start the engine to heat or is it an auxiliary heater? The car will be garaged at home so not sure how much use it will get...

Post #506116 Thu Sep 22 2016 4:54pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 

Jimbo095 wrote:
Thanks peeps, yes I guess they're the sort of figures I had in mind for depreciation so we'll see...

As for a discount, I was also told nothing going whether it was 16.5 or 17!? So 7% on new order is a bit of a kick in the teeth, is that 17 too?! Although I read a lot regarding the issues with in control pro I prefer to wait for the MY17 like you GJW1. Did you add the service pack? It doesn't show on configurator but dealer said it available hence adding it. Assume you've been given similar dates to myself, although I didn't think these were estimates? Any opinions on sidesteps?
Sorry for the barrage!

Yes 7% on MY17 and was offered an MY16 for 10%....car wow is a good starting point.

Post #506118 Thu Sep 22 2016 5:17pm
scrumps

United Kingdom 

Hi,
TSR= Traffic Sign Recognition.

Be careful and read the small print and footnotes in the brochure as you need to add solar attenuating windscreen for HUD and dimming mirrors for TSR - or I did when I spec'd my AB.

You also need to check you get the right version of Deployable Steps as the steps switch is integrated with LDW and tailgate switch.

Scrumps. Somerset - Where the apples do grow and the cider do flow!
2021 Defender 90 D250 HSE in Tasman with white roof.
24MY D300 AB - Verasine Blue - 😀
19MY SDV6 AB - Byron Blue - Gone
17MY D5 SDV6 HSE - Firenze Red - Gone
16MY SDV6 AB -Aruba Silver - Gone
13.5MY SDV6 "HSE Black" - Baltic Blue - Gone
10MY TDV8 HSE Galway Green - Gone
14MY D4 HSE in Scotia Grey - Gone
05 TD5 D90 CSW in Cairns Blue

Post #506119 Thu Sep 22 2016 5:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 6 123456>