RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > MY2017 SVR Order
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 6 <123456>

Jimbo095

United Kingdom 

I hear you but I'm so indecisive I don't actually know which options I'll regret not ticking and/or potentially never use!

Post #508615 Wed Oct 26 2016 8:26am
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Love the carbon interior, hate the standard finish. SVR 2018 in Santorini Black.

Post #508671 Wed Oct 26 2016 4:20pm
Jimbo095

United Kingdom 

After a rollercoaster 6 months I've now actually taken delivery of my MY!7 SVR! I cancelled it way back in November due to personal circumstances and the car 'sold' within days. However, the sale fell through and as the Dealership knew I may be ready to re-order they called two days ago, et voila! Got a forward facing camera issue that needs sorting and minor trim mark but other than that it's awesome! If anyone has things/questions for me to check out fire them over, in the meantime I have some!

I surprised my kids as they thought we were collecting paperwork until I told one of them to peek under the cover!

Q.. I left the manuals behind but I assume there is a running in period for these vehicles?
Q.. I'm sure you can have a satellite image on the nav but can't seem to get it, does it need the vehicle sim as opposed to bluetooth connection?

Cheers

Post #515349 Sat Jan 21 2017 8:01pm
Jimbo095

United Kingdom 

Sorry, crap photo, I shall get some more tomorrow!

Post #515350 Sat Jan 21 2017 8:03pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Maybe crap pictures in your opinion but it's still a cracking looking car and I'm dead jealous. The only issue i would have after buying one is I like to take Land Rovers off-road and I think doing that in an newish SVR might result in "Flash B*stard" comments from the guys with beat up Disco1's.............. Hope that you have many happy miles with it Bow down Bow down 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #515355 Sat Jan 21 2017 8:22pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Lyonhead

Wales 

Hi Jimbo, congrats and welcome to the club.....

To answer your questions,

1: It is recommended to run in the vehicle for 3000 Kms and to do the usual things such as no full throttle on starting and normal driving, avoid high engine revs, avoid labouring the engine in too high or low gears, gradually increase engine and road speeds, avoid continuous operation at high engine speed and abrupt stops, avoid frequent cold starts followed by short distance driving, take longer journeys and dont participate in track days, sports driving schools or any similar events.

2: you need an internet connection to get satellite image on the screen but looking through the manual it states that if used all the time will eat up data.

Hope this helps Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #515356 Sat Jan 21 2017 8:30pm
EVO1

France 

Hi Jimbo,

Congratulation, beautiful car and color. We are now 2 with an 17 SVR in this forum!

Enjoy your new toy Wink 2019 Lamborghini Urus ordered
2018 SVR ordered canceled
2017 SVR Carbon Edition 1of40
2015 RRS SDV6 Hybride Autobiography Dynamic
2006 RRS TDV6 HSE Black

Post #515362 Sat Jan 21 2017 9:12pm
Jimbo095

United Kingdom 

A few more pics...

Post #515363 Sat Jan 21 2017 9:13pm
Jimbo095

United Kingdom 

Lyonhead wrote:
Hi Jimbo, congrats and welcome to the club.....

To answer your questions,

1: It is recommended to run in the vehicle for 3000 Kms and to do the usual things such as no full throttle on starting and normal driving, avoid high engine revs, avoid labouring the engine in too high or low gears, gradually increase engine and road speeds, avoid continuous operation at high engine speed and abrupt stops, avoid frequent cold starts followed by short distance driving, take longer journeys and dont participate in track days, sports driving schools or any similar events.

2: you need an internet connection to get satellite image on the screen but looking through the manual it states that if used all the time will eat up data.

Hope this helps Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Thanks for the info...
I drove very sensibly until a friend requested the exhaust 'pop'! Mind you, I just gave it a little bit of beans until I heard a squeak ish noise coming from the exhaust! Don't get me wrong I didn't go bananas but the squeak/squeal was rather odd...
The demo model I had for a day didn't do this but it certainly vibrated from the rear parcel shelf area when the revs increased
Any experiences????...

Post #515366 Sat Jan 21 2017 9:26pm
Jimbo095

United Kingdom 

Post #515367 Sat Jan 21 2017 9:26pm
Lyonhead

Wales 

Hi, no I haven't experienced the squeak/squeal from the exhaust but I do know you don't have to give it the beans to make it pop. Just have the exhaust valves opened via the button hold the gear in manual in second/third gear and on the run down of backing off the throttle it will bang and pop at low revs, they really do make people turn their heads Laughing Laughing

I find that when running in " normal " mode the car is not noisy inside at all,even on the motorway at 70, but , with the exhaust valves switched open you know your in an SVR. I must admit whenever I get in and start the car I hit the auto stop/start button off and hit the exhaust valve switch to open the valves. I know they open automatically over 3000rpm anyway but I do like the low rev burble as well.
A detailer friend of mine told me that whenever he gets Aston Martin cars in nearly all of them have a fuse rolling about in the centre compartment where the owners have lifted the fuse for the valves in the exhaust to stay open Laughing
He said that if you got the facility to open the valves up all the time, why wouldn't you do it???? I see where he's coming from Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #515373 Sat Jan 21 2017 9:44pm
Jimbo095

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.
I've got a really stupid question as I don't have the maula! So, if the orange exhaust button light is on, is the open feature on? Or do I turn it off as such?
I will try your suggestion but I 100% agree that it was a much more 'natural' popping/banging in the demo @2000 miles!
Out of interest, i have a significant burning type smell, presumably all components running in so to speak, car now has 53 miles on it!

Post #515374 Sat Jan 21 2017 10:18pm
Lyonhead

Wales 

Light on means the valves are open. If you just have the car on tickover and press the the button on and off you will hear a distinct different tone coming out of the exhausts, allow 1 to 2 seconds in between operation of the button. The louder tone is when the valves are open. As I stated though, even with the switch off (valves closed) they will automatically open over 3000rpm anyway.
The burning smell could be from the exhaust getting hot and " burning " off the newness if you know what I mean Question Laughing but you'll soon get rid of that by the time you've finished running about in it tomorrow as there will certainly be more than 53miles on the clock by the end of the day Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Whistle

Post #515376 Sat Jan 21 2017 10:28pm
Jimbo095

United Kingdom 

Thanks pal, much appreciated. I can say I was a bit nervy when I smelt the burning, thought I'd done something wrong even though I didn't go mad. I just want the car to settle down, hopefully no more squeals etc, a one off! I hate anomalies, therefore i want to know what it is! All under warranty so no stress, I guess!

Post #515377 Sat Jan 21 2017 11:14pm
Jimbo095

United Kingdom 

Looking at the pics, I need some sensible front tints I'd say.. The contrast is massive, I can understand why people don't bother with privacy glass.

Last edited by Jimbo095 on Sun Jan 22 2017 8:51am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #515378 Sat Jan 21 2017 11:16pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 6 <123456>