RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Never a Good Sign....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>

IRBails

Australia 

Another good reason to buy your own diagnostic tool. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #506238 Sat Sep 24 2016 7:48am
DrFox1969

Australia 

Still not had a response to the EPQR from JLR.

Over the weekend the vehicle has started hesitating/stuttering on light acceleration. It may appear my issues are not over. 2016 Range Rover Sport SDV8 HSE Dynamic (Indus Silver/Santorini Black Pano Roof, Ebony/Cirrus leather, custom grey Style 508 alloys)

Post #506486 Tue Sep 27 2016 12:55am
DrFox1969

Australia 

Just received the following update from dealer.

With regards to the response from JLR regarding the EPQR I submitted, they are aware of the issue and are working on a fix.
Unfortunately they cannot give me any further information at this time.

It appears that other customer cars are having the same issue.

I will keep the forum updated. 2016 Range Rover Sport SDV8 HSE Dynamic (Indus Silver/Santorini Black Pano Roof, Ebony/Cirrus leather, custom grey Style 508 alloys)

Post #506487 Tue Sep 27 2016 1:28am
IRBails

Australia 

So they are aware of the issue, but can't tell you what it is. Other owners have had the same issue but they won't attend to the issue until the owner brings it to their attention in the hope that it may not happen until warranty has run out ?? Really very unimpressive if these are the facts, this is the sort of thing one would expect from a 3rd world car manufacturer. I hope it is just a small thing and the issue is inconsequential and just a little inconvenient . Thanks for sharing , as I own the same spec I'm very interested to find out what this known issue is so I can look forward to it being rectified. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #506502 Tue Sep 27 2016 11:50am
IRBails

Australia 

Wondering if you have been given any news about the issue. Trust the car is running well now, my interest of course is to understand if this is an issue I should also look out for. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #507956 Mon Oct 17 2016 12:40am
DrFox1969

Australia 

No response as yet.

The car has been off the road for 2 weeks at the body shop. Repairs being done from when I was rear ended in September.

It goes into LR again on Monday for campaign Q603 Electronic Park Brake Module. At the same time they are going to investigate the clogged throttle body/hesitation on acceleration issue again.

Really looking forward to driving another Disco Sport, after having one for the last 2 weeks. Rolling Eyes 2016 Range Rover Sport SDV8 HSE Dynamic (Indus Silver/Santorini Black Pano Roof, Ebony/Cirrus leather, custom grey Style 508 alloys)

Post #508024 Tue Oct 18 2016 8:19am
fdhadi

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Just picked my car up after being in Fords for over a week. It's a 2yr old 1.6tdci Fiesta with 47k on the clock. Same symptoms as DrFox. Engine turned over but failed to start. New EGR Valve fitted as the old one was full of sut.
As DrFox stated in an earlier post, all manufacturers have faults.

Post #508028 Tue Oct 18 2016 12:02pm
IRBails

Australia 

DrFox1969 wrote:
No response as yet.

The car has been off the road for 2 weeks at the body shop. Repairs being done from when I was rear ended in September.

It goes into LR again on Monday for campaign Q603 Electronic Park Brake Module. At the same time they are going to investigate the clogged throttle body/hesitation on acceleration issue again.

Really looking forward to driving another Disco Sport, after having one for the last 2 weeks. Rolling Eyes

Well I trust all will be good and this is the end of your troubles. I have to book my first service in 1000 k's , but this may wait awhile as I'm going to be riding my bike a bit and then off O/S for a couple of weeks. Looks like about 10 months for the first service, I will mention the brake controller when I book in and hope they can get it before hand. So far pretty good run , have slight brake shudder, think it is brake pad build up on front disc will attend to this in the near future. M16 SVD8 ,4.4 HSE with a few extras, Sold R50 , Wife SQ5 , BMW R1200GSW.

Post #508031 Tue Oct 18 2016 1:37pm
DrFox1969

Australia 

After a few cancelled efforts finally the car went into the dealer last week.

Upon picking it up the actions taken were:-

1. Throttle hesitation after breakdown in September - fitted new throttle body

2. Rattle from center console - cup holder assembly distorted, ordered new parts

3. Break squeal at low speed - fitted new break pads to front (followed LTB00592v7)

4. Fitted new park brake module (Q603)

Hopefully the above has cured my issues. Once new cup holder assembly fitted I hope I wont be back there for a while. 2016 Range Rover Sport SDV8 HSE Dynamic (Indus Silver/Santorini Black Pano Roof, Ebony/Cirrus leather, custom grey Style 508 alloys)

Post #509937 Sun Nov 13 2016 4:39am
matsoutback

Australia 

I hope you've got that sorted now, thanks for sharing.

During the rear accident repair, did you have the tailgate replaced, or wasn't it damaged? I think I read (somewhere) that the tailgate assembly is not aluminium, rather it is plastic?

Post #509991 Sun Nov 13 2016 9:05pm
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black
Re: Diesel Engine Issues

Meiang wrote:

You see in most vehicle forums where diesel powered cars are prevalent, forum posts on disabling emmision control systems which is clearly an illegal act. Do we have double standards.

The fact is disabling the emission control systems is NOT illegal in U.K. on the MAJORITY of earlier Diesel Cars. On my BMW and ex MG ZTT the EGRs were blanked off and the associated tubind etc disconnected or blocked off, it give a boost to performance and better MPG, and passes all its MOTs each year, I've also removed the CATs and replaced with straight through piping (didn't bother with a false looking CAT) and this also made a vast improvement and passes the MOT and figures are within the correct range.
On RRS earlier models you can blank off the EGRs with no problems, and further disabling systems if you wish.
This is NOT illegal and as long as test figures are ok for MOT then no problems. People will always improve their cars to get either better performance or better MPG.

I have checked with various MOT stations and a Inspector colleague, and they confirm no problem, on newer cars with CATs fitted if removed you won't get away unless you put in the blank CAT units that you can purchase which do absolutely nothing.
Police have no interest in this at all, but you should let insurance company know as it is a modification, just like a chip or retune or changing audio system or alloys. Very Happy John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #509998 Sun Nov 13 2016 11:12pm
DrFox1969

Australia 

matsoutback wrote:
I hope you've got that sorted now, thanks for sharing.

During the rear accident repair, did you have the tailgate replaced, or wasn't it damaged? I think I read (somewhere) that the tailgate assembly is not aluminium, rather it is plastic?

Hi mats,

Tailgate wasn't replaced, just resprayed. Damage was limited to the lower rear end with just paint damage to the bottom of the tailgate.

I cant answer your question i'm afraid. 2016 Range Rover Sport SDV8 HSE Dynamic (Indus Silver/Santorini Black Pano Roof, Ebony/Cirrus leather, custom grey Style 508 alloys)

Post #510008 Mon Nov 14 2016 8:14am
rangiejools

Australia 

Tailgate is plastic...I've had a new one after a mysterious car park incident! Very expensive job luckily covered by insurance. SDV8 arrived and fantastic even the infotainment!
1983 2 door Range Rover ARB Bar X9000 winch ARB Rear Bar now semi retired.
Many big trips done in this one.
1982 Rangerover nearly restored.
22 Defender D250 with lots of stuff for outback touring
Nice 2013 Freelander TD4 manual (for daughter to learn on) with much better stereo compared with previous SD4 SE with Meridian which sounded bad!
2013 Land Rover Defender ute.

Post #510010 Mon Nov 14 2016 9:15am
Bluegreygreen Rangie

Australia 
Re: Diesel Engine Issues

Meiang wrote:
With the recent VW debacle it is interesting to see a large % of diesel vehicle owners who are prepared to disable the EGR system of their diesel vehicle so that the soot buildup issue goes away, similarly DPF removal is now becoming common place because DPF's cannot operate effectively in low speed low travel distance duties. And now we are starting to see problems with Urea injection systems. So how come VW is so guilty and yet individual owners can do similarly evil acts of disabling emission control systems and yet their is little comment in forums on their act.

You see in most vehicle forums where diesel powered cars are prevalent, forum posts on disabling emmision control systems which is clearly an illegal act. Do we have double standards.

In general modern diesel technology is flawed in so much that:
- Fuel quality standards in many countries do not meet the stringent requirements required (or are unrealistic) by direct injection diesel systems and the ongoing maintenance cost after a few years of operation is severe. Not a problem by the 1st owner who gets rid of a vehicle after a few years. But afterwards?
- DPF systems do not work well in short travel low speed duty cycles. Do manufactures say don't buy this vehicle if?
- Urea injection systems are complex and prone to long term failure due to the corrosive nature of the fluid. We haven't seen the fallout from this device yet.

Not to mention the low saps etc oil that must be used with dpf filters does not and simply can not offer the protection of high end oils with a proper zinc etc package in them , And that the engine over fuels for the dpf regen cycle diluting the already crap engine oil with diesel adding to even less protection from your lubrication

Then there is the excess heat that a turbo charger really could do without at the best of times , Don't even get me started on egr systems that make an engine try and re burn its own exhaust which is simply just cant do without getting very upset

All this crap to save the bees or make some dickhead in an office look special when at the end of the day the fuel savings of not putting this crap on a good engine would no doubt outweigh any benefits to the environment anyway

Dave

Post #531660 Sun Jul 30 2017 11:58am
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

I see this thread back to life and wondered how O/P (DrFox) was now getting on, is everything ok now? Thanks. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Post #531719 Mon Jul 31 2017 4:59am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>