RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Happy Man
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Welshian

Wales 
Happy Man

Hello all I'm the proud owner of a 2013 SDV6 HSE Black Edition and wanted to say how much I enjoy the site. Before taking the plunge I read and read all the comments on buying or indeed not buying a RRS. Well I have and I am mightly please, so far. Thumbs Up

Post #494528 Tue Apr 26 2016 11:08pm
Buckster

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the madness! Laughing Thumbs Up 2003 BMW M5 - 5 Litres of V8 Optimax Slurping Goodness in Carbon Black

2013 SDV6 HSE Black Edition- Orkney Grey with Ebony & Ivory. LR Facelift RAI, Genuine G4 Expedition Rack, 4x Warn SBD-160 Spotlights, Warn 9.5XPS Winch, Mantec Underbody Protection and Sump Guard, Full Easy Lift Suspension Module, LR Light Guards, Light Force HTX230 Hybrid spotlights, 18” Compomotive PD1881 on 265/65/18 BF Goodrich KO2, ARB fridge, TuffTrek awning 😎

Post #494530 Tue Apr 26 2016 11:10pm
Garage Door Medic

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Same as mine, love it, welcome, any photos ??? MY 13 3.0 SDV6 HSE Black Edition
Santorini Black
Ivory Premium Leather
Side steps
Disklok !!!!!!!
Mud Flaps
Spare wheel protector

Post #494590 Wed Apr 27 2016 8:23pm
Welshian

Wales 

Still getting to know the car and all it can do Shocked Can anyone one tell me if the Sat Nav is auto updated or do I have to do it some how Question and I will post some pics when I have found out how.

Post #495746 Thu May 12 2016 11:08am
Johnski

Wales 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Lux Sumatra Black

Unfortunately it is a dealer annual upgrade costs from 110.00 you can purchase online and download to a USB stick and then upload it, but personally wouldn't bother for money saved. The Maps etc are stored on the HDD (Hard disc drive). The earlier models used the DVD system, so could be done easily yourself.
You can import POI and Speed Camera database, but it won't give you any verbal warnings etc, like has been available elsewhere for over ten years, it's the biggest failure of LR. Crying or Very sad

IMO it is one of the worst info/music systems I have ever seen fitted to a car, it is years behind in current technology and content, and each upgrade does nothing to update this glaring ommission. Embarassed John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Last edited by Johnski on Thu May 12 2016 11:20am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #495747 Thu May 12 2016 11:14am
Johnski

Mods please delete, double post entry. Crying or Very sad

Post #495748 Thu May 12 2016 11:15am
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

You do not need to go to a dealer update your Sat Nav on a 2013 car, you go to the HERE website formerly Navteq and buy the latest Map version it was 169.00, they then send you a USB Memory Stick with the Maps on it which you then Upload to the Vehicle hardrive. It can take up to three hours to upload the maps. When you buy the map you do need to give Here your Vin No. as the map is vehicle specific.

There is a process to generate a input code which is all explained by Here and is quite a simple process. It is possible to go into the Nav Screen and find the current Map Version installed.

Click image to enlarge

Oh and welcome to the Forum

Cheers
Col

Post #495749 Thu May 12 2016 12:49pm
ravingmad

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Hi Col,
Do you have a copy of the spreadsheet with the version numbers on, or wher I can get it.
Cheers MY13.5 Autobiography, Santorini Black, Privacy Glass. Gone
Driving a milk float for now.

Post #495750 Thu May 12 2016 1:17pm
Welshian

Wales 

Hi Col, me too.

Post #495751 Thu May 12 2016 1:19pm
Col

ravingmad wrote:
Hi Col,
Do you have a copy of the spreadsheet with the version numbers on, or wher I can get it.
Cheers

I do have it somewhere, will try and find it but as the original document was 2012 it will defiantly out of date now. The very latest map version is V30.15.2 as this is what I have in my car, unless they have brought out a new one very recently.

http://landrover.navigation.com/product/Ca...erEMEA/GBP

Cheers
Col

Post #495753 Thu May 12 2016 1:38pm
Welshian

Wales 

Well Col Iv'e just had a look and mine says OC71 and 30.12.12, is that much out of date?

Post #495760 Thu May 12 2016 2:48pm
Col

Hi,

At a guess I would say that is the Original Map from when the Vehicle was new. I would say at least two if not three years out of date as the map is now 2016 although they come out around September time if I remember right.

Cheers
Col

Post #495762 Thu May 12 2016 2:56pm
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

The Black Edition was the best IMHO - loved mine and was sad to see it go Bow down

Click image to enlarge
 Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #495767 Thu May 12 2016 3:15pm
Johnski

Col wrote:
You do not need to go to a dealer update your Sat Nav on a 2013 car, you go to the HERE website formerly Navteq and buy the latest Map version it was 169.00, they then send you a USB Memory Stick with the Maps on it which you then Upload to the Vehicle hardrive. It can take up to three hours to upload the maps. When you buy the map you do need to give Here your Vin No. as the map is vehicle specific.

Cheers
Col

Thats the same price as from Land Rover direct online, but you can get a discount with discount codes.
It works out more at some dealers as they charge for the upload times etc, you don't have to give your VIN number or any details except model type from LR, unless it's part of update process. The dealer I use (and I should think others) charges 100 for map update each year, if you have your service done there. Much better value. John

RRS MY12 SDV6 HSE. Sumatra Black/Ebony & Walnut + Dynamic Pack, + Cold Climate Pack + Memory Pack, Digital TV/DVD, Premium Leather, Cornering Lights, Cooler/Fridge Box, & most Options.

Last edited by Johnski on Fri May 13 2016 12:55am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #495773 Thu May 12 2016 5:13pm
Col

John,

From MY12 on Vehicles you do not need to involve a Dealer at all, you buy the Map direct from Here (Navteq) on a Memory Stick and upload it yourself, it is locked to a VIN Number or else it would be possible to buy one Stick and upload it to any number of vehicle. It does take up to three hours to upload to the vehicle as I have done this Three times and I don't see a stealer doing it for nothing, although you do not need to wait with the vehicle while it goes through the process.

I would be very interested in a link to where you say you can Download the maps online as I sure other owners would and also where to obtain the discount code, as Landrover.navigation own website directs you to HERE as the Map supplier.

Cheers
Col

Post #495777 Thu May 12 2016 5:46pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>