RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > Trouble with xxxxxxx Limited?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>

MDP

United Kingdom 

King-Chippie-Sawdust, I see your point. I would suggest you put pen to paper ( as stern as poss ) send to both MD/Directors of Guy Salmon of the Sytner Group and also send it to the Head of LR. This is no way to expect to be treated ..... at all!! Better still send another copy to the Head of FORD.

Be polite.... be fair .... but ensure you get your point accross.Have faith as there are people out there who do listen. 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #3319 Fri Oct 14 2005 12:34am
King-Chippie-Sawdust

United Kingdom 

Thanks Martin,
This forum is a great support,
Many measures have and are continuing to be taken + a few suprises...I just struggle with the being polite bit! Rimmini Sport HSE with a sawdust vibe

Post #3320 Fri Oct 14 2005 1:05am
lOWEST pAID sPORT oWNER

United Kingdom 
ordering sport , dealer doesn't answer phone or return calls

I've been reading the forum posts as a guest for months now and registered here to join this thread.
Having secured nearly £25,000 in loans and savings and preparing my 03 plate Golf for sale I'm ready to order a Range Rover Sport at last.
I live in Manchester but have Guy Samon Land Rover near in Stockport and Williams Land Rover towards the centre of Manchester. Guy Salmon would have been my first choice if it wasn't for the comments left here.
On tuesday this week I telephoned Williams Manchester Land Rover and there was no one from sales available. The very pleasant receptionist took my details, I told her what I was after and when she asked why I had chosed them I told her about this forum. She said 'you've come to the right place, you'll get looked after here' and promised somebody would call me back within the hour.
On Wednesday I called them back to check if they had my contact details correct and again they promised to call back very soon.
Yesterday after not hearing a thing back from Williams Land Rover I decided to call Guy Salmon Land Rover Stockport.
The first call rang out unanswered so I re-dailed staright back and it rang for a good 3 or 4 minutes. I tried again an hour later and exactly the same, unbelievable!
Finally when it was eventually answered in a later attempt I asked for sales and was kept on hold for about 10 minutes!!! I gave up.
I hear what is being said on this thread and I am now considering an import?
By the way i'm after the TDV6 S, I was told 3 or 4 months ago it would be November/December when Land Rover were making them available to the UK market at a list of £35,000.
I probably will not have available that amount until possibly March next year but I'm ready to order/place deposit now.
If anybody can suggest a family run Land Rover dealers within say 30 miles radius of Manchester then let us know on here.
bye for now. this member has only recently joined and has yet to prove RRS ownership. Please re-register and submit income details on your profile information page.

Post #3324 Fri Oct 14 2005 10:26am
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Firstly I don't think family owned and run businesses are much better,Sturgess in Leicester are one such dealer, being still 100% family owned. The Sturgess group now encompasses Jaguar, Landrover, Volvo, Nissan and Commercials.

My parents have over the last 30 years bought nearly all of their Jaguars and Range Rovers from Sturgess, but I don't think it's due to great service, they are just the same as any other.

I went to them when I was first looking into Range Rovers and then RR Sports, and although I was quickly given a brand new RR for a weekend to try out, when they said they'd call back about cars coming in, they never did. On the whole they were ok but just not proactive enough for my liking.

I didn't purchase through them in the end, mainly because their cars came in too late for me, but I know that member noddy bought his from them and has had a whole heap of trouble.

Good dealerships are fast becoming like golden rocking unicorn poo. Rolling Eyes L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #3326 Fri Oct 14 2005 10:38am
MDP

United Kingdom 

RRUK wrote:
Good dealerships are fast becoming like golden rocking unicorn poo. Rolling Eyes

Could'nt agree more Exclamation 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #3328 Fri Oct 14 2005 10:44am
IamNotMarkWalker

England 

When I was alerted to this site and in particular this Guy Salmon bashing thread by a smartypants customer quoting this forum's 'power' I thought I'd better leap to Guy Salmons defence with the usual grovelling excuses and apologises.
But Iam not Mark Walker and GS/the Group are crap!
It's just the tip,
Can I just ask all you 'intelligent' people who expect to be treated with more respect than you deserve, what, for example, if you insulted a member of staff at a kebab takeaway place do you think they'd add to your meal if you hurled a load of abuse at them? They come out from the kitchen and with a big smile and say thank you sir, enjoy your meal!

Well we don't want to be insulted, verbally abused and called ****** *******s at six o'clock on a Friday afternoon by a stranger who tells us they earn more in an hour than we do in a week! and it's our fault the mirror won't fold, oh dear.
We are only doing our jos,if that's what you can call it.
We've heard just about everything you can think of aimed at the reception staff, service engineers, managers, salesmen, every department going. It's bad enough being treated like crap by your own company but the customers as well, non stop, well we're human you know and we don't like it!
So how come we still have a big smile on our faces and say 'sorry about the delay Mr Smith, your cars ready now and we've given it a special clean for you'
Do you think that after Mr Smith has complained so much and his car has had warranty parts fitted that the overnight road testing didn't include shopping trips and maybe a visit to the pub?, and then maybe some off-roading, some serious off-roading perhaps.
Maybe a late night kerb crawl in the red light zones?
Maybe the salesmanager needed a number 2??? Do you think he trys the bonnet/roof, no thats been done before! the drivers seat. Leave it there for half an hour. You think I'm joking, I'm deadly serious, you can't call us ***** stupid ******* and get away with it.
There's plenty more believe me. That's why it's easy to smile.
So if you want to be treated with respect, sir, treat us with a little first!

And if you're mad at this post and want to have a go back that's fine but would you rather I had'nt bothered and just lied.

Post #3379 Sat Oct 15 2005 10:53am
Mr Bean

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

IamNotMarkWalker,
I can't believe what you say, no honestly how can you say you are only human?
The rest maybe true, in fact I guessed something was not right the last time Guy Salmons took my car, tell us more.
Is this practice at one branch or the whole group?
Do you still work there?

Post #3433 Sun Oct 16 2005 7:47pm
IamNotMarkWalker

England 

Hey mr Bean,
Whats with the questions,
how about you first, why do you call yourself Mr Bean? are you a funny guy and do mad things or do you drive a yellow mini? Or are you an ugly nerd that resembles some tit on the telly?

Post #3536 Tue Oct 18 2005 3:40pm
Mr Bean

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

because it's my name, Mr Bean, .....or Alan Bean if you like.

Post #3567 Wed Oct 19 2005 10:20am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Good answer! Laughing 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #3569 Wed Oct 19 2005 11:06am
kam100

United Kingdom 

IamNotMarkWalker wrote:
do you drive a yellow mini?

Well clearly not, this is a RRSport forum remember?
try and keep up....

Post #3574 Wed Oct 19 2005 11:50am
IamNotMarkWalker

England 

Slightly better behaviour from customers recently, strange, this forum is becoming more a tool for dealers instead of sport owners.
Steering us towards this site in letters also helps too, we can work out the trouble makers and be ready Wink

Post #5457 Sat Nov 19 2005 1:06pm
AdrianT

United Kingdom 
Dealer posting?

Shocked Well actually i'm NOT shocked. Banging Head

You see, the trouble with 'some' dealers, is that they ASSUME that all their customers are plonkers. Well maybe most of us are. But the point YOU are missing is that THE CUSTOMER PAYS YOUR WAGES.

I have owned LR's for over 20 years. I have been in customer services of some form or other for a similar period.

I WILL GET ANGRY with my dealer if he assumes the 'customer is a plonker' attitude.
I do NOT take kindly to BS or damn lies. It doesn't work for the business or the client.
If I have a problem, i expect to be able to sort this out with the person who is employed for their experience in such matters to deal with it.

Quite simply put, without US, the idiots who pay for the products and services you sell or try to sell, often with no knowledge of said product or even enthusiasm, you would not have a job.

As a paying customer, it is ME who chooses where i spend my hard earned money. The money I earn from putting up with little self rightous twerps who are my customers and you may even be one of those. If my customers do not like my service/attitude etc, then it is their choice and right to take their custom elsewhere - If i do not provide what my clients demand, then i have no place in the business i am in.

If you can not deal with the work you are in, then may i suggest that you cease. Do something like sell icecreams...but then maybe you couldn't handle the logistics of supply and demand in that industry either.

Stupid acts of 'vandalism' or 'unauthorised use' of clients cars as 'revenge' purely puts you down as a 'back street hobo'. Try those sort of tricks on me, would end you up in either court or hospital. I am NOT joking either, a dealer once drained a rear diff of oil without refilling it. I had the axle seize up on me towing a trailer a day later, right outside the workshop that had supposingly done the work. I could prove the failure was down to them, and later found 'the joker' who had done the trick - he paid dearly. I could have had my family on board at the time and could have been on a major carraigeway.

If you, as a dealer, really can't handle your clients, then i suggest you take a step back and LOOK AT YOURSELF. YOU are proberbly the problem NOT the client.

If you want a quiet life, LISTEN and RESPECT your customers. Remember, there are plenty of US as there are of YOU> No trail too steep, no mud too deep!
----But ouch that last river cost an ecu or two!

Post #30239 Fri May 05 2006 4:08pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

Quote:
Trouble with xxxxxxx Limited?

should have asked XXXAngelXXX first Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #30309 Sat May 06 2006 7:41am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Michael

2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Hello all,

I have read with interest may of the posts and replies on this forum and the Disco3 forum for some time now. This is the only thread that has disturbed me enough to reply.

To give you all an insight, I am a Sales Manager at a Land Rover dealership in the North West. I have been at the dealership for six years and in the Motor Industry for sixteen years, so I have seen pretty much every type of vehicle problem and dealt with every type of customer from the "very demanding" to the "very nice".

I am astonished and appauled at the posting from "iamnot...".

I totally disagree with the awful statements he has made in his reply. This character should not even be working in a retail environment, never mind a Land Rover dealership.

I would like to give you a true dealership reflection on what actually happens... I can, however, only speak for my team and our dealership.

What you first must understand is that the vehicles we are dealing with now are a far cry from pre-21st Century Land Rover vehicles. They are far more complex than ever and they rely on more electrical features than ever before. As poblems with these cars occur, we as a dealership team" also have to learn with you, our customer.

We appreciate that customers often get frustrated when they think nothing is happening, when in reality an awful lot is going on in the back ground that they may not realise. Think of a Swan on a lake looking graceful on top yet underneath the legs are paddling like hell. It is also very frustrating for us when we are in these situations. Remember, we want nothing more than our customers to enjoy their new pride and joy and come back for more.

I have never come across any of our Team doing the rediculous things stated in his reply and I know our Technicians and Team Members take a lot of pride in their work. If anyone at this dealership acted in this way, they wouldn't be here long.. I think his Service Manager would agree.

I actually very much doubt he is telling the truth.

Although we do try our best, we can't please all of our customers all of the time. It's not through lack of trying though.

Anyway, I hope that your faith is restored.

Thanks for reading.
Michael

Post #32152 Sat May 13 2006 10:49am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>