RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Dealership Feedback > Trouble with xxxxxxx Limited?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>

Tina

England 

so if you are not a feared debt collector or a famous celebrity how do you get the appropriate treatment you'd expect after spending 40 grand at guy salmons?

Post #3130 Mon Oct 10 2005 1:44pm
RRUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Not sure exactly, and it makes no difference if you buy a freelander for 13K or a RRS supercharged for nearly 60K... Confused L319 D4 HSE

1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF

1982 Series 3 SWB

Post #3134 Mon Oct 10 2005 2:04pm

Tina

I cant go into detail but as a 'trade supplier' to the motor trade we would prefer not to do business with GS anymore.....so I pity you as a retail customer ;-(

Post #3136 Mon Oct 10 2005 3:07pm
Martin
Site Administrator & Owner

United Kingdom 

Oops, Guest posting no longer allowed, my mistake. Like this site? Buy some RRSPORT goodies to show your support!

Post #3137 Mon Oct 10 2005 3:09pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
King-Chippie-Sawdust

United Kingdom 

Wish we'd spent 40 or 60K with GS instead of well over 170+ this year alone at 3 different branches.The sport we got for myself started all the problems with broken promises, lies and unbelievable treatment from these people (that's me being kind calling them people) The sport is fine at present but Salmons can never be forgiven hence 2 sports ordered for New Year, imports, that's right, why pay 20% extra expecting the best back-up.
The sports ordered are basic TDV6 S which we are thinking of having Turbo Chipped, which is what my other post which got removed was about. I asked has anyone had any serious problems with this upgrade and how come if it is so good why don't LR fit as standard?
I then made a suggestion as to what I'd do to my manager if his imported and chipped £32,000 sport performed the same as my £48K petrol HSE yet he benefitted from more economical running costs!
It was either this suggestion that got the post removed or the suggestion that the Turbo Chip could cause damage, (not intended)
So info on any problems or drawbacks to the chip would be interesting.
We use off road vehicles for long hours daily, towing heavy machineary often deep into forests and mountain ranges etc. Suspension and drive settings are constantly being changed, but obviously standard road use as well. So would the chip be suitable? I don't see much point in petrol versions if so, except the SC. Rimmini Sport HSE with a sawdust vibe

Post #3156 Tue Oct 11 2005 12:10pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

You might have read my previous post about my crash and trying to get parts and help etc. Guess what the dealer was Guy Salmon Thames Ditton and whilst I can appreciate that the parts problem was not theirs, not once did any member of the Guy Salmon staff ever ring me and offer assistance etc. The only help was though a fantastic lady at Land Rover accident management who was able to secure a daily cash sum to rent a car. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #3160 Tue Oct 11 2005 12:49pm
Tina

England 

I too made the mistake of going back to Guy Salmons after a poor experience with them over a Freelander several years ago. Customer service seems the same no matter how much you spend, very poor.
Mr Sawdust, where are you buying the imports from and why use Guy Salmons for so long if they are so much trouble?
I am also keen on the TurboChip upgrade and asked elsewhere for members feedback, most who have had it done recomend it from what I can gather.....it's almost too good to be true but like you say 'how come Land Rover don't fit it as standard?' surely there must be some negative side to the upgrade?

Post #3171 Tue Oct 11 2005 2:19pm
Biggles

England 

Hi Tina,
I cant comment on Land Rover but do know that Mitsubishi did offer an upgrade in BHP as a specified option on some of the models they do most notably the L200 pickup. This was also backed and included warranty cover as you would normally expect. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #3180 Tue Oct 11 2005 4:20pm
Mr Bean

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

Guy Salmon tell me that every fault I've had with my Sport is the first they have heard of and no one else has had a problem. Reading posts here and talking to other owners at the showroom that simply isn't true, it seems many owners are having similar faults and similar response from Guy Salmon. I wouldn't recomend them, buy another vehicle from them or have mine serviced with them.

Post #3203 Tue Oct 11 2005 10:38pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Im a member of Bm3w.co.uk also and after a few warranty related problems with my old convertible, i took in printouts of threads telling me the work people had, had done and carried out to rectify same/similar problems in their cars. Was brilliant to have two service guys, a service manager and a receptionist all gathered round reading my printouts!! (compared to the usual bull and half arsed service and response i had got used to in regard to this issue) got it all sorted and they were taken a-back that cosumer power had reached this extent that owners were bunching together so effectively on forums like this one. I think it will only be a matter of time that we have a LOT of RRS owners on here, and we will beable to confer a lot more and approach dealerships and what appears to be a quite s**t dealer service network and squeeze them for everything we can get.. which is what we deserve after all handing over £40k + on or cars, and in most cast waiting a long time to have that privilege..

Post #3208 Tue Oct 11 2005 11:52pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

kam100 wrote:
Im a member of Bm3w.co.uk also and after a few warranty related problems with my old convertible, i took in printouts of threads telling me the work people had, had done and carried out to rectify same/similar problems in their cars. Was brilliant to have two service guys, a service manager and a receptionist all gathered round reading my printouts!! ..

Yes........ and I too have now done this using a print out from this forum ( pasted in from the GTR site ) ref how to fix the passenger mirror. It was very usefull to have to hand as neither sales/service had come accross this issue/problem............ I mean can you adam & eve it Wink 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #3210 Wed Oct 12 2005 12:05am
King-Chippie-Sawdust

United Kingdom 
Tina

Perhaps we should post the turbochip questions in the maintenance and mods section??
The imports have been arranged via a friend of mine who runs a second hand 4 x 4 pitch. They are coming from Dublin and approx £32,000 each with metalic paint as the only addition. I won't be parting with any cash 'til they arrive! Previously I'd turn down this type of offer but it can't be worse than Guy Salmon and I'm saving nearly 18% outlay.
Regarding Guy Salmons, we've only started encountering problems with them this year as last year we had no new purchases with them and before that it wasn't my department and another LR dealer was used, although I do remember something of an early Guy Salmon problem but can't remember details.One things for sure, we won't be dealing with them in the future, thank god! Rimmini Sport HSE with a sawdust vibe

Post #3309 Thu Oct 13 2005 7:41pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

What you get as a loaner also depends on the size of the dealership. In this area we have a very successful LR dealer that is a family owned and run outfit - they have only one Range Rover on their demo fleet and that is usually a top spec one as it is also the dealer principle's company car/demo. The lesser directors have top spec Discos and Sports, the salesmen/ execs get a Freelander or a Defender. The loan fleet consists of about 4 base spec Freelanders or cars from their other franchises (they have Seat, Daihatsu and Tata!) as they have to buy the cars on the loaner fleet from the manufacturers.. I think the worst loan car I have ever had was a Metro Diesel that was given to me when I took my TVR 450 in for service...................... but compared to a Tata the Metro was just fine! A bit slow compared to the TVR but then you cannot expect a TVR dealer to maintain a fleet of TVR loaners! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #3311 Thu Oct 13 2005 8:59pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MDP

United Kingdom 

With regard to loaners, at Audi where I had previously been buying cars for a number of years I was always treated with upmost respect & never had a poor car as a loaner , In fact I did rather well:-

A6 saloon
2.7twin turbo A6
TT ( various )
A4 avant 2.5 v6d
s4 Avant ( new style with big grille )
A8

They all came as new cars with only a few miles on the clock. I would always liase with one particular saleperson who in turn would sort out with service re the loaners

So no complaints with LISTERS Audi in Coventry. Only problem being they had'nt got the next vehicle that I fancied, simple as that.

We hav'nt lost all ties there though as my wife is still running her TT & I believe is gunning for the new one which is being launched at the Tokyo show next week.

ref Tim in Scotlands comments I would also second them ref my local LR dealership being family owned & thus try their hardest to please all. 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #3316 Fri Oct 14 2005 12:02am
King-Chippie-Sawdust

United Kingdom 

More apologises as I'm only telling bits of my original post due to getting extreemely wound up and unable to continue fully without foul language and extreeme suggestions, however may I say I am not spoilt and haven't really a problem with inferior loaners if it wasn't for:
1. When buying this years new fleet of Land Rovers (including the Sport) the salesman (another too nice word) promised a suitable equivalent loaner should warranty work be required in order to carry out our day to day work.
2. The salesman assured us there wouldn't be any warranty issues with the sport due to it's exstensive testing period it had undergone, and if we placed our near £170,000 order then any out of pocket expenses/inconvenience due to faults would be compensated and met by them, Guy Salmon. 2 weeks later and the first call to Land Rover Assistance left me totally stranded for 4 hours in my new exstensively tested car before being recovered and another 2 hours later the only loaner available for the next however many days was a Focus!....sorry I can't continue without being barred but this was just the start of trouble with xxxxxxxxxxxxx Ltd.
Normally yes I'd expect a pretty basic hire car for warranty work or a pre-booked service but that wasn't a condition in this circumstance and that's just the first of my complaints! Rimmini Sport HSE with a sawdust vibe

Post #3317 Fri Oct 14 2005 12:25am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>