Home > Technical > EPB guidance
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

N19

United Kingdom 
EPB guidance

Hi new to forum and range rover sport 2006 2.7 auto,

Sorry to be asking about this but I cant find the answer

I've used this forum a few times searching without asking questions or signing up but this EPB has forced me to ask for help

code U2002, issue which seems to be parking switch, flashing P light and amber symbol hand brake not working at all
I have so far,
Checked 30amp fuse seems fine battery voltage is there (this is removed until the problem is found)
5 amp fuse battery voltage
plug at the park switch only one of the yellow has a voltage and its 11.5, help needed with this and to the module to check if it's a feed issue to the switch or switch onwards which of the wires should show power of some sort, are the red and black power for the switch and the other 4 like signal wires,
Ive read about the module that disco Mikey has written and also how he's over layed these to the module is it possible to do the same but as a bypass just to test the module, also unplugged module and plugs on the passenger side plugs to spray with electrical cleaner,
I have used the bible to reset and check the shoes, I've also undone all the screws on the module and run out of time, so never got to check inside to see if anything is wrong. Is it possible to use a power type probe to power up the switch and bypass everything, is it possible to use a probe inside the module just to see if the motor will move, the mounting bracket top bolts have broken free,

I have check battery its not great between 12.2, 12.6 only just after it's been driven, charging is at 14.1 so new battery is needed, I will be trying a bigger battery before more testing,

Thanks for any help
Tom

Post #502994 Tue Aug 16 2016 8:55pm
N19

United Kingdom 

Is there nobody who can say where the park switch gets its power from, should it have a power supply,

Thanks

Post #503722 Thu Aug 25 2016 8:22pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Do these help?
http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic80218.html
http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/use...%20%20.pdf

Other than a broken wire, I'd have thought replacing the switch would be cheap and easy. If it works you've saved a lot of time messing around trying to get in and play with the EPB module itself.

The switch gets its power from the EPB module. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #503727 Thu Aug 25 2016 9:03pm
N19

United Kingdom 

Hi RRSTDV8,

Just an update Ive checked the wiring best I can and can't see any damaged wires, I've tried another brake switch no difference,

can someone say what the alternator should be between,
we only get the HDC fault when the weather is hot as soon as we go over 40ish the suspension starts to drop.

Im beginning to think its inside the module that's at fault

Thanks

Post #505534 Thu Sep 15 2016 6:51pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1